Stupid Sh*t Rappers Say

DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
ok, we all know Greg Nice's "Dizzy Gillespie plays the sax" and Warren G's trouble with spelling n-x-e-t but throw some other dumb (as in DUMB not just ignorant cuz that could last for days) lyrics out there...

Comments

• ok, we all know Greg Nice's "Dizzy Gillespie plays the sax" and Warren G's trouble with spelling n-x-e-t but throw some other dumb (as in DUMB not just ignorant cuz that could last for days) lyrics out there...

the all-time favourite has to be "there's three of us, but we're not the beatles" (run dmc - king of rock) - still makes me laugh.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

the all-time favourite has to be "there's three of us, but we're not the beatles" (run dmc - king of rock) - still makes me laugh.

But that wasn't stupid, that was just

Dude had only been dead for a few years, too...

• the all-time favourite has to be "there's three of us, but we're not the beatles" (run dmc - king of rock) - still makes me laugh.

are you really sure that's what dmc meant?

Personally, I always hated the line in Black Cop where KRS goes, "Thirty years ago, there were no Black cops"[/b] - I always found this incredibly insulting to the hundreds if not thousands of Black men who were police officers prior to 1958. Of course, this could fall under the ignorant category, but it's so completely false and absurd I think it has to be called "stupid."

Paul Howell was the first black police detective in the United States. He moved to Salt Lake in 1886 and went to work for the Salt Lake City Police department.

are you kidding?

• the all-time favourite has to be "there's three of us, but we're not the beatles" (run dmc - king of rock) - still makes me laugh.

are you kidding?

no. up to this point i was 100% sure that line had been the product of some seriously bad counting skills... but i'm not anymore.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    ok, we all know Greg Nice's "Dizzy Gillespie plays the sax" and Warren G's trouble with spelling n-x-e-t but throw some other dumb (as in DUMB not just ignorant cuz that could last for days) lyrics out there...

ivory pointed out to me that milano has a greg nice type line on the p brothers got it on me 12..."like george benson it's kool & the gang."

are you kidding?

no. up to this point i was 100% sure that line had been the product of some seriously bad counting skills... but i'm not anymore.

I've seen Run DMC say in numerous interviews that they just didn't know there was 4 guys. Especially Run. He swears he just didn't really know about the Beatles.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    A classic one is Sadat Xs "The interview", where he goes "I've been around the world, to Piccadilly square..." Where's that, exactly?

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Piccadilly Square is in London, England! Okay lemme think of one .... one sec ....

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    You're thinking of Piccadilly circus...

are you kidding?

It's Run who says that line, and he most definitely thought there were only 3 Beatles. They were on tv one time and Run's asking D and Jay "why didn't somebody tell me there were four Beatles?" I think one of them said "we thought you were only saying 3 because John's dead" or something like that.

There are a lot of these dumb ass mistakes in the rap history books, but I don't have time to get into it now. Gotta go milk the cows. I'll check back later.

• One could go on for days about KRS's bullshit. Prime example that has always burned me (and sadly not the only rapper to make this mistake) was mentioning Eli Whitney as an African American who made things easier for his bros & siss by inventing the Cotton Gin. I think the context for this was/is - "You Must Learn." :

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i guess this is obvious, but its one of my favourites.. jay-z from its hot:

thirty-eight revolve like the sun around the earth[/b]
    try to play hard get you found round the dirt

• i know on the blackalicious song where he raps about chemistry, he gets one or two of the elements wrong.

• Piccadilly Square is in London, England! Okay lemme think of one .... one sec ....

Are you a rapper?

• howcome this hasnt been an article in a magazine yet?

• "We run laps around the British Chanel"
    "I'm getting so much brain I'm starting to feel smart"

I could just list Nore quotes all day . . .

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    howcome this hasnt been an article in a magazine yet?

Doesn't The EGOTRIP book have something about lyrical mistakes?

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

There's a Piccadilly Square too!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

There's a Piccadilly Square too!

YEAH...

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    howcome this hasnt been an article in a magazine yet?

Doesn't The EGOTRIP book have something about lyrical mistakes?

Yep - it's in the book - the first three mentioned at the top of this thread are on their list.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

"I'm getting so much brain I'm starting to feel smart"

i wouldnt call this stupid, i would call this genius.

• somewhere on "the wrath of the math" album, jeru says michelangelo painted the sixteenth chapel

• People these jewelz from Ras Kass on "Nature of the Threat":

Moors from Baghdad, Turkey[/b] threatened European Christians
    Meaning, the white way of life; hence the Crusades for Christ
    On November 25th, 1491
    Santiago defeats the last Muslim stronghold, Grenada
    King Ferdinand gave thanks to God for victory
    And the Pope of Rome and declared this date to forever be
    A day of Thanksgiving for all European Christians
    .. Now listen, when you celebrate Thanksgiving
    What you are actually celebratin
    is the proclamation of the Pope of Rome
    Who later, in league with Queen Isabella
    sent Cardinal Ximenos to Spain
    to murder any blacks that resisted Christianity
    These Moors, these black men and women
    were from Baghdad, Turkey[/b]
    And today, you eat the turkey, for your Thanksgiving day
    as the European Powers destroyed the Turkeys[/b]
    Who were the forefathers of your mothers and fathers

Um....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    "Any MC in any 52 states"
    - ODB 'Shimmy Shimmy Ya'

And when Redman raps in Korean... well, trust me, its mostly jibberish. I mean, its sorta korean, but its like "anybody i i i i i redman" etc.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Actually that entire rap is a Knowledge Jewel in itself.

• People these jewelz from Ras Kass on "Nature of the Threat":

Moors from Baghdad, Turkey[/b] threatened European Christians
    Meaning, the white way of life; hence the Crusades for Christ
    On November 25th, 1491
    Santiago defeats the last Muslim stronghold, Grenada
    King Ferdinand gave thanks to God for victory
    And the Pope of Rome and declared this date to forever be
    A day of Thanksgiving for all European Christians
    .. Now listen, when you celebrate Thanksgiving
    What you are actually celebratin
    is the proclamation of the Pope of Rome
    Who later, in league with Queen Isabella
    sent Cardinal Ximenos to Spain
    to murder any blacks that resisted Christianity
    These Moors, these black men and women
    were from Baghdad, Turkey[/b]
    And today, you eat the turkey, for your Thanksgiving day
    as the European Powers destroyed the Turkeys[/b]
    Who were the forefathers of your mothers and fathers

Um....

WTF!?!?

• "Any MC in any 52 states"
    - ODB 'Shimmy Shimmy Ya'

He was including Guam and Puerto Rico, and while technically they are not states Dirty wanted to make sure the MC's in both of those territories were aware of his psycho killer Norman Bates status.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    "Any MC in any 52 states"
    - ODB 'Shimmy Shimmy Ya'

And when Redman raps in Korean... well, trust me, its mostly jibberish. I mean, its sorta korean, but its like "anybody i i i i i redman" etc.

Ol' Dirty was so far ahead of folls that he was ready to battle MCs from Puerto Rico and Guam just in case they became states in the near future! LOL!