My Humps Gets the Lump Lump

1235»

Comments

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    i havent read this whole thread or anything but..are u guys saying that "my humps" will clear the floor? hmmmm

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    i havent read this whole thread or anything but..are u guys saying that "my humps" will clear the floor? hmmmm

nope. read the thread.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    1) Is there a huge difference between BEP pre-Ron Fair and post? I mean, besides Fergie? To me, they're the same group, just a little more pop-y but it's hardly as if they went from the East Flatbush Project to Northern State.

2) Urrrrrrsssss: I'm not making a federal case here about insisting that "Laffy" and "Humps" are equivalent. But...from what I've seen, both songs attract very similar accusations of being remarkably simplistic stupid songs that represent a lowest-common-denominator approach to pop music. For the record, I think "Laffy Taffy" is far more interesting than "My Humps": I like the latter strictly on kitsch value whereas, "Laffy" is something I can dig as a song depsite whatever else it may lack in creative merits.

• 1) Is there a huge difference between BEP pre-Ron Fair and post? I mean, besides Fergie? To me, they're the same group, just a little more pop-y but it's hardly as if they went from the East Flatbush Project to Northern State.

Oliver, listen to Falling Up or Joints & Jams against Where Is The Love, Don't Lie, My Humps, Get It Started, or any other post-Fair production. They went from bad hip-hop to bad pop. Can you not distinguish between the two?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    my humps is more likely to get the whitest of whiteys to sing/dance to it while laffy taffy wont

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nope. read the thread.

ok i guess it was jus this that confused me a lil

Nat, I like you and you're a good DJ but in my world that song will not only clear the floor, but clear the club.

and nah, id rather not

• Quote:

nope. read the thread.

ok i guess it was jus this that confused me a lil

Nat, I like you and you're a good DJ but in my world that song will not only clear the floor, but clear the club.

and nah, id rather not

Does it really bear explaining that this song doesn't go over well with certain crowds?

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    no

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    1) Is there a huge difference between BEP pre-Ron Fair and post? I mean, besides Fergie? To me, they're the same group, just a little more pop-y but it's hardly as if they went from the East Flatbush Project to Northern State.

Oliver, listen to Falling Up or Joints & Jams against Where Is The Love, Don't Lie, My Humps, Get It Started, or any other post-Fair production. They went from bad hip-hop to bad pop. Can you not distinguish between the two?

Let me get my razor out so we can start splitting hairs

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Let me get my razor out so we can start splitting hairs

no hair splitting here. the difference between the two sets of songs mentioned here represents the difference between pop radio and urban radio... between bad nba anthems and bad kinda underground rap.* two completely different sounds.

*when bep first came out, i seem to recall they had a independent "vibe" or whatever

• montymonty 420 Posts
    [Check it] Ever since I was a little younger
    I always had a rhyme that I flung up
    In any situation that you brung up
    Black Eyed Peas would shake a party like thunder
    Now everybody wanna ask and wonder
    How the Black Eyed Peas took it from the under
    From the bottom to the top
    Now we make your body rock
    Motherfuckers [hey!] don???t sit and ponder
    Coz we come with no blutes, no blunders
    We keep it fat like Attila the Honda