FUNKY RINGTONES

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Anybody have a funky ringtone. The best I could do was lowrider. Then again I'd didn't really search too much and rather spend my money on other things. I gotta tell you it would be cool if ultimate breaks & beats put out some ringtones. What funk ringtones would you want? I wouldn't mind some Dennis Coffey ringtones.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    my son wants me to either get mike jones, or laffy taffy... at least he's not asking for three6mafia.

• record one >> transfer it.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    such technologies exist????

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    mine just goes ring, ring. it SMELLS funky though, i dropped bong water all over it, and now the left side button lights dont work.

• Anybody have a funky ringtone.

DOIN IT TO DEATH

I had a party at my house a few weeks ago and my buddy dropped his cell phone out of his shirt pocket right into the toilet he was pissing in. This is funky as well, not quite a funky ringtone though.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i have Big Poppa as my ringtone. i have a cheap ass phone though so its all chincy sounding

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I have "Got Your Money" by ODB - I've had it forever, but I can't bring myself to change it, it's just too perfect. Midi, of course.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    such technologies exist????

Check this out:

How to make your own ringtones

SG

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    I have "funky" ringtones, depends on who calls, but eminating from my pocket you may find:

Edwin Star - War
    People's Court theme
    Isley Bros. - It's Your Thing
    Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
    Mike Jones - Still Tippin'

Sprint is my provider.

People's Court theme

judge wopner would be proud! That's a good one!

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    People's Court theme

judge wopner would be proud! That's a good one!

Most calls evoke that one, but everyone in my immediate family has there own distinct ring. People's Court theme rulez!!!!

• green onions....

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    WOW, Xingtones is pretty cool.

I now have the Lost Generation, the Sillouettes, Pied Piper of Funkingham, East of Underground and Boscoe as my ringtones. Y'all are sleeping. This is badass.

I now have the Lost Generation, the Sillouettes, Pied Piper of Funkingham, East of Underground and Boscoe as my ringtones. Y'all are sleeping. This is badass.

did you buck up $14.95 for it???

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

actually, I would prefer a cheap midi version of laffy taffy over raers on my phone. but thats just me.

• What's this Xingtones thing for? surely you just record the mp3 onto your computer, or download it or whatever, then use bluetooth to send it direct to your phone right?

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

did you buck up $14.95 for it???

Yep, but I think you can only send tones to 1 phone #. We'll see.

• What's this Xingtones thing for? surely you just record the mp3 onto your computer, or download it or whatever, then use bluetooth to send it direct to your phone right?

A lot of providers remove the phone's ability to transfer mp3s to the phone via bluetooth or MMS messaging. I have a Motorola E815 that works as a mp3 player, and supports bluetooth, but I can't transfer that way. I need to get the mp3 kit, which comes with a usb cable, software, and a memory card for the phone. Then I can dump ANY sound as a ring.

That day will be

• "Black Purds theme" by Bernard Purdie

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    record part of your favorite 45, lp, 12 convert to mp3, load that biatch and voila!
    raer rings for days

But can it be done for free????

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    My phone (W800) comes with the USB cable so you just plug it into the PC and it comes up as an extrenal drive.

All I have to do then is copy the music files off my hard drive and paste them in the mp3 folder on my phone.

Means I currently have Soul drums as my ringtone. Hooray for technology.

that's nice!! my phone was a freebie so I dodn't get any extras...oh well

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    But can it be done for free????

Definately, as long as your phone can work with MP3's call the place you got your phone and see if they can sell you or give you a phone cable to interface if you don't have one.
    I also downgrade the MP3 resolution and output in mono to save phone memory.
    Better ring tones and it's free!!

• I heard a Sanford and Son Theme ringtone yesterday (at a flea market). I need one.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    I wanna have tjirping birds as a ringtone.