Sunday Afternoon Listening

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Since I just had pupil dialation done at the eye doctor, i figured now is the best time to actually sit down and just listen to some records that were sitting on the shelf without much spin:Lamont Dozier- Out here on my ownThe Kinks- Give the people what they wantMiles Davis- Bitches BrewGene Harris- Astral Signal

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    mmm...looks heavy. what does that sound like?

• The Kinks- Give the people what they want

Is this a cover of the Jimmy Cliff tune?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Gary Wilson-You Think you Really Know Me lp

• mmm...looks heavy. what does that sound like?

Fall release from 1985. Trouser Press review below. Love this album.

With what at this point seems like an embarrassment of riches, the Fall unleashed This Nation's Saving Grace. Tracks like the (gasp!) synthesized and danceable "L.A." and the contemporaneous 45, "Cruisers Creek," reveal that the Fall is no longer averse to commercial potential, but it's really just a new type of ammo added to the arsenal. "Bombast" builds a guitar din that would make Sonic Youth jealous, while "Paintwork" and "I Am Damo Suzuki" (a song about Can's onetime lead singer) are two of the strangest things they've ever done. The US release substitutes "Cruisers Creek" for "Barmy," which subsequently turned up on the eponymous American EP, alongside four other 45 cuts, like an unlikely cover of Gene Vincent's "Rollin' Dany." (To confuse matters further, Beggars Banquet issued three of the five songs on a 1985 US 12-inch.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

some great Sunday listening
    I was planning on selling this lp when i got it... then I made the mistake of listening to it.

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts

not exactly sunday afternoon music but its wut im playin and its

• autezautez 404 Posts
    ice cube lethal injection album

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Just bought Jack Rose "raag manifestos" earlier today. Great sunday afternoon listening if you're into John Fahey- esque type of stuff.

• not really sundayish,...