Under Rated Emcees

2»

Comments

• Brother J and Wise Intelligent - 2 most underrated mentioned so far IMO. bwtfai.

matter of fact, PRT - "They Turned Gangsta" feat. Brother J and Sluggy Ranks" would be an appropriate mention here.

• oosioosi 40 Posts
    Breezly Brewin hands phucking down. I wish he was still doing sheit, i dont even know what he's doing...and i always seem to be mentioning him when these type of threads come up. But that dude is so versatile, his flow is sick, it seems really chaotic, but its just this tight ass rhythm, he's got humour and is smooth too, can do the battle sheit swell, and i remember reading an interview saying how he studied music theory and applied it to his flow on some alien sheit but for real...i couldnt imagine another dude doing "Prince Among Theives" as tight as he did, he fit that role like a glove. Clear Blue Skies is treasure. His opening verse on that "The Fire In Which You Burn" track...phuck, why even spit a verse after that, just retire.

100% agree..this guy is dope as hell, the first juggaknots record i still bump on the regular, and ive yet to hear a verse by bruin that didnt amaze me. style-wise, not many are messing with him. anyone that doesnt know check his verse on "troubleman" on the juggaknots clear blue skies record. peace

• Breezly Brewin

phantasam of the cella dwellas (U.G ain't no slouch either though)

rise

cosign

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    The guy who sounds like he's got a really bad head cold, or the other one?

Larry-O from Real Live
    Diamond is pretty well ignored

• oosioosi 40 Posts
    ^haha..my boy says the same thing, if you checked troubleman, he has the second and 4th verse....head cold or not, you cant deny he kills that first verse

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'd also have to go with:

Grap Luva
    Mr. Man (Bush Babees)
    Dres (Black Sheep)
    Charlie Brown (L.O.N.S.)

Yes Grap Luva. Good producer too.

Dres

What ever happened to the rest of LONS?

Are you serious? You really want to hear a Dinco D solo record with guest shots from Milo In Da Dance?

Would this be about the fifth thread in the past week that proves why folks on Soulstrut shouldn't try to talk about rap music EVAR?

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Brother J and Wise Intelligent

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I think Scaramanga,Camp Lo and OC are underrated

While I will agree that Scaramanga is underrated, but OC was reverred in his time and even past then. As well, I find camp lo as a group lyrically weak, although Sonny Cheeba has a nice voice. Maybe I just can't get past the voice and I need to listen to the lyrics? (I'm not hating on them, I think uptown saturday night doesn't get enough props... plus it has an appearence from the soulstrut favorite, butterfly of digable planets).

Co-Sign on YZ and Breezly Brewin. The Brewin is just straight up very dope, and I think gets hated on for being down with the jukkies. The newest Juggaknots 12", she loves me not, just shows that the dude can flow over any style of beat.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Brother J

Say word.

On the more current tip, I think Raashan Ahmad (Crown City Rockers) is real nice but doesn't get a lot of props thrown his way.

• pras.

joking!

seriously...tash of the liks.

• Brother J

momento, did this guy made a track with "so watcha gonna do,...you better listen to the man with the knowhow" as a hook?
    http://rapidshare.de/files/7105665/dunno.mp3.html
    if it??s so, what??s the title of the single? sorry but i never saw it in any store

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts

weeezy f. baby

• Breezly Brewin hands phucking down. I wish he was still doing sheit, i dont even know what he's doing...and i always seem to be mentioning him when these type of threads come up. But that dude is so versatile, his flow is sick, it seems really chaotic, but its just this tight ass rhythm, he's got humour and is smooth too, can do the battle sheit swell, and i remember reading an interview saying how he studied music theory and applied it to his flow on some alien sheit but for real...i couldnt imagine another dude doing "Prince Among Theives" as tight as he did, he fit that role like a glove. Clear Blue Skies is treasure. His opening verse on that "The Fire In Which You Burn" track...phuck, why even spit a verse after that, just retire.

100% agree..this guy is dope as hell, the first juggaknots record i still bump on the regular, and ive yet to hear a verse by bruin that didnt amaze me. style-wise, not many are messing with him. anyone that doesnt know check his verse on "troubleman" on the juggaknots clear blue skies record. peace

Can you put me onto some other stuff he's done? I've got the Juggaknots album, but don't know anything else he's done. More full albums? Or just guest apperances?

• oosioosi 40 Posts
    as far as i know there is just the clear blue skies record, he did the prince among thieves album as well with prince paul, singles i know are the company flow track off funcrusher plus, he also did a cut with the weathermen guys called ?5 in the clip? a couple vast aire features, and i think there was a fondle em track with brewin,mf doom,someone from the arsonists and some others. hope that helps some..peace

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Buck 65

Yes, seriously.

• as far as i know there is just the clear blue skies record, he did the prince among thieves album as well with prince paul, singles i know are the company flow track off funcrusher plus, he also did a cut with the weathermen guys called ?5 in the clip? a couple vast aire features, and i think there was a fondle em track with brewin,mf doom,someone from the arsonists and some others. hope that helps some..peace

good lookin!

I didn't know he was on that prince among thieves joint... I never really checked that album out. Think I knew about most of the other misc singles he's been on. Dude needs to come out with another album. I've been listening to the juggaknots album and his never-stop-slowly-spitting-out-words style is killing me. I don't think he needs oxygen. lol

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    as far as i know there is just the clear blue skies record, he did the prince among thieves album as well with prince paul, singles i know are the company flow track off funcrusher plus, he also did a cut with the weathermen guys called ?5 in the clip? a couple vast aire features, and i think there was a fondle em track with brewin,mf doom,someone from the arsonists and some others. hope that helps some..peace

good lookin!

I didn't know he was on that prince among thieves joint... I never really checked that album out. Think I knew about most of the other misc singles he's been on. Dude needs to come out with another album. I've been listening to the juggaknots album and his never-stop-slowly-spitting-out-words style is killing me. I don't think he needs oxygen. lol

He use to work @ FatBeats for a minute. Nice cat.

• KUTFATHER fo sho, voice, skills, presence, crowd control.

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts

Say word.

On the more current tip, I think Raashan Ahmad (Crown City Rockers) is real nice but doesn't get a lot of props thrown his way.

cosign. he's one of very few MCs that i can actually stand to listen to these days. plus he's a good dude.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

weeezy f. baby

Not under rated; Weezie gets his props even on SoulStrut.

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    ^^^ really? most posts about him usually fade away with under 5 replys. BUtto be honest, in my mind at least..if anyone isnt feelin him then hes underrated.