Jay Dee/J Dilla - Donuts (link)

124»

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I need that shit in my life, son. Plus wifey been on a HUGE Dionne Warwick kick lately, this will work well at Club My Living Room Couch.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I need it too.

Holla...

...Holla or

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Attention all peoples named Cosmo Baker:

http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=31RU2R6E0RZMF34MFA9ZQRY2E4

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Damn! Guzzo!!
    Dope track!!!
    thanks

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Adam Klein I fucking LOVE YOU my dude.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    My wifey just walked in the room like "Hot damn."

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Isn't that track called " You're Gonna Need[/b] Me"...? not "miss"... sayin'...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    just told my girl I ain't going out tonight. Shits 'bout to rain in socal and I ain't fucking with the water.

AI I'ma see you when you get out here

Brian, you needs to buy your ticket into LAX

Classical music and waterbongs making my cypher complete right now

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

It is 'You're Gonna Need Me' - produced by Holland/Dozier/Holland - I tend to think of it as classic Invictus released through Warner Brothers (1973)...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This shit is just ridiculous.

Seriously.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

It is 'You're Gonna Need Me' - produced by Holland/Dozier/Holland - I tend to think of it as classic Invictus released through Warner Brothers (1973)...

Dionne Warwicks finest hour IMO. Great album.

• hrhr, that gremlin is dope, ...better than the whole donuts lp.

• Isn't that track called " You're Gonna Need[/b] Me"...? not "miss"... sayin'...

Dionne Warwicks finest hour IMO. Great album.

Her "Then You Came" album is also very nice. Especially her version of "Move Me no Mountain". Personally I think it has the same quality as "Just Being Myself" but some people will probably disagree with me because they like the Holland-Dozier-Holland sound better.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Her "Then You Came" album is also very nice. Especially her version of "Move Me no Mountain". Personally I think it has the same quality as "Just Being Myself" but some people will probably disagree with me because they like the Holland-Dozier-Holland sound better.

Agreed. Forgot about that one.

• Thanks for the pics bapt.

Somebody press up a bunch of these...and then make one for yourself.

I would hella wear that.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I kind of get it but kind of don't. I hope the official release is more than just "madlib style" chopped instrumental loops. Not that there's anything wrong with that but damn this is an ALBUM?

Cos if this is what's considered an full LP these days, cot damn.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    very dope i heard this on his myspace a lil while ago. thanks for that link though
    http://www.myspace.com/jdilla

• I kind of get it but kind of don't. I hope the official release is more than just "madlib style" chopped instrumental loops. Not that there's anything wrong with that but damn this is an ALBUM?

what is an instrumental hiphop album supposed to sound like by a producer who makes beats for rappers to rap on?

• I kind of get it but kind of don't. I hope the official release is more than just "madlib style" chopped instrumental loops. Not that there's anything wrong with that but damn this is an ALBUM?

I was kinda thinking the same thing... just sounds like a whole bunch of beat sketches that went nowhere... and he threw them together into a record. Just feels sloppy. But hey, I might just be in the wrong mood. I've been on a slick-production kick lately so....

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    someone, please tell me what he's using on "Geek Down"!

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Maaan, this shit is all I need to get by.

The best part is, I gotta a few Dilla beat tapes from the last couple years and I thought a lotta that stuff was gonna end up on there, but aside from one track, its all new to my ears. The last three or four tracks in a row are killing me.

• someone, please tell me what he's using on "Geek Down"!

esg- ufo is one part of that beat.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    someone, please tell me what he's using on "Geek Down"!

esg- ufo is one part of that beat.

No, no, no. I mean that OTHER shit, the one edan used too. Oh, my bain is frying for it.

But good man anyways, highc.;)

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Happy Donut Day.