Jay Dee/J Dilla - Donuts (link)

P_ClendeninnP_Clendeninn 51 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
In case you don't frequent stonesthrow.com often, here's a link to one of the most anticipated albums of 2006.

He's mostly chopping up soul records on this (quite crazily i might add)...so all Jay Dee fans should be in for some ILL beats.

http://stonesthrow.com/jdilla/

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    One thing you gotta give it up to Stones Throw for is posting accurate information about label releases. "Donuts" doesn't officially drop until February, yet they've already posted the tracklisting and made available for download the front and back cover art -- for those iPod people who are anal about such things. Stones Throw knows people are going to trade and bootleg this stuff but rather than dump spyware on your computer, they simply want to make sure you have the correct information. I like that!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    this has been bootlegged.. http://www.zshare.net/download/jydee-rar.html - not by me, i hasten to add. i will be buying this when it drops no doubt.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

MY HEAD JUST EXPLODED!!!

MY HEAD JUST EXPLODED!!!

MY HEAD JUST EXPLODED!!!

MY HEAD JUST EXPLODED!!!

F*ck the neighbors, it's 7:33 a.m. and I have this at full volume! They shouldn't be sleeping during a beautiful sunrise anyway!

I will buy, but thanks for posting the preview. Illest thing I've heard all year.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    THAT SHIT IS ON FIRE!! DAMMMMMNNNNN!!!

peace.

So far I've spotted a complete slaying of a Sylvers sample on "Two Can Win" and fuccin' wit' The Moments off of "On Top" *moroccomolealert* "Last Donut of the Night"

WOW.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    waitin til I get home to listen to this (im at work) Need to hear it on a proper stereo. IM excited.!

"Anti-American Graffiti"

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    jay looks super skinny in that pic... i hope dude gets healthy soon... needs to get his weight up to normal levels.

• "Anti-American Graffiti"

For real though......this beat is stuck in my head.

• Ghost would murder "Hi".....

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    "Anti-American Graffiti"

Man, this summer is gonna be a great one for driving. The sounds are looking to be quite proper.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I had this on blast all day yesterday while I was cleaning up the crib. Super dope. Jay Dee still got that FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Anti-American Graffiti"

Man, this summer is gonna be a great one for driving. The sounds are looking to be quite proper.

damn hommmie, already thinking about the summer? it literally just turned winter.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    i posted and then forgot about it, thanks for reminding me..

hommmie

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    "Anti-American Graffiti"

damn hommmie, already thinking about the summer? it literally just turned winter.
    Yeah, my crib distributes this high-costing heat in that unsatisfactory fashion. I would much rather it be 80 degrees outside right now, trying to make sure my records stay cool.

I went outside to get wood for my fireplace... man shit, it's too cold out here.

Still listening...sh*t is TOO HYPE!!! [/b]

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Still listening...sh*t is TOO HYPE!!! [/b]

Seriously, this shit is so abstract to me, but it's so enlightening. I can't wait to see the uncredited jocking commence. Cats will start making rap albums like this.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    "Da Factory" is

im to lazy to check the stonesthrow site.

is there mcs on it?

im to lazy to check the stonesthrow site.

is there mcs on it?

No MCs, thank God. Just sh*t.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    So far I've spotted a complete slaying of a Sylvers sample on "Two Can Win" and fuccin' wit' The Moments off of "On Top" *moroccomolealert* "Last Donut of the Night"

WOW.

I FINALLY got to hear this yesterday and I was flipping the fuck out on the Sylvers joint. This album is the definition of . Dude took it pretty far out but it all works.

Highly recommended. - Day

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Eyh! here's the missing track, n#14

Stepson of the Clapper.mp3

• There's definitely some really nice stuff on here, but come on! some of this is pure doo-doo, not even in a so abstract it works way either...
    I defy anyone to listen to Glazed on repeat without getting a headache....
    Lots of it he just let the record play, then did some sloppy chop with no drums and you're calling it next level????
    Admittedly when it hits, it hits HARD but there is some weak stuff on here as well, people seem to be getting a little over excited with this...
    So let me get this right, when Premo does some random ass epileptic fit on a sampler for an intro people say it's garbage, but when Dilla does it for some tracks on here people go nuts?
    Hmmm...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    There's definitely some really nice stuff on here, but come on! some of this is pure doo-doo, not even in a so abstract it works way either...
    Lots of it he just let the record play, then did some sloppy chop with no drums and you're calling it next level????
    Admittedly when it hits, it hits HARD but there is some weak stuff on here as well, people seem to be getting a little over excited with this...
    So let me get this right, when Premo does some random ass epileptic fit on a sampler for an intro people say it's garbage, but when Dilla does it for some tracks on here people go nuts?
    Hmmm...

Hey foll, NO HATE ON DILLA! Jay Dee is next level hommie. The simplicity of some of these tracks is why they are so dope. Act like ya know.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Hmmm...
    Okay, this is the probably the most basic and boring of the lot. It's almost glaringly sloppy compared to everything else. It sounds like a random beat he tried to shop and no one wanted, but I think everything else is type-solid.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Someone told me he also has an album coming out on BBE with Pharoahe Monch, Common, etc.

• I defy anyone to listen to Glazed on repeat without getting a headache....
    Hmmm...
    Okay, this is the probably the most basic and boring of the lot. It's almost glaringly sloppy compared to everything else. It sounds like a random beat he tried to shop and no one wanted, but I think everything else is type-solid.

OK, take the last track for example, that is pretty much just an unfinished version of that Verbal Clap beat he did for De La on The Grind Date, minus the synth/bassline, seems kind of lazy...