Soundburger

TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Wanna be the dopest kid on the bus? Get yourself a soundburger! ebay

Comments

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    f that. i want a Sound Crocodile.

• ...dope

• Bah, if I only knew a local place to buy mint soundburgers here in Germany....
    Guess I'll just havte tell the fam I want a Handytrax

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Maybe I'm insane (which is partly true), but I don't see why anyone would pay over $200 for these.
    They aren't the most convenient things to audition multiple records on.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    If anyone has either an extra 45 adaptor for a sound burger/mister disc or knows where I might be able to get my hands on one, please let me know! I was lucky enough to get my hands on the player for cheap but of course it didn't come with the adaptor.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    That's a portable i'd carry around

• i once saw cut chemist use that thing live..around his neck. dope shit, but i digress, 200 clams is a lot for that thing. the best i ever saw was $150 american for 2...not too shabby. i'll stick witht he fischer price though. peace. pres.

• If anyone has either an extra 45 adaptor for a sound burger/mister disc or knows where I might be able to get my hands on one, please let me know! I was lucky enough to get my hands on the player for cheap but of course it didn't come with the adaptor.

me too man me too.

the sound on mine comes through really low on the phones...any ideas why that my be? paging techstrut!!!!!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    If anyone has either an extra 45 adaptor for a sound burger/mister disc or knows where I might be able to get my hands on one, please let me know! I was lucky enough to get my hands on the player for cheap but of course it didn't come with the adaptor.

me too man me too.

the sound on mine comes through really low on the phones...any ideas why that my be? paging techstrut!!!!!

Not to ask a stupid question, but have you tried different models of headphones? Some are louder than others, depending on how sensitive they are.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Everytime I try to pick this up on Ebay. The price goes .

- spidey

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    An antique dealer I buy from showed me a version of this from the 60s. It was slightly larger and ran on batteries. It looked like a transistor radio til he opened it up and put the record on. It was pretty wild.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Maybe I'm insane (which is partly true), but I don't see why anyone would pay over $200 for these.
    They aren't the most convenient things to audition multiple records on.

Because they have home stereo sound and are less bulky than your other portables that have detachable hoods, plus are smaller. If you've got the money this is THE best portable there is IMO.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

me too man me too.

Do you also here some slight static when you raise or lower the volume??? Could be you need to clean the contacts. Contact cleaner is cheap and its just a spray like conpressed air to clean pc's.

• Bah, if I only knew a local place to buy mint soundburgers here in Germany....
    Guess I'll just havte tell the fam I want a Handytrax

I actually don??t care about Soundburgers, but Bandsalat is quite cheap here in Germany...

Please, tell your fam I want a Handytrax too.

• is that a store, bandsalat
    I might ask for beyer dynamic headphones instead though..