eBay TRENDS

Comments

• The[/b]internet -breaks.com[/b] is the reason why 4000 people are looking for the same 100 records...

It's funny, I saw this guy going through the Soul section just pulling random records after getting a sizable stack he then he pulls out his cel phone and calls a friend to tell him to check breaks.com to see if any of the records he pulled had breaks on them. Wack!

I am really sorry but that happened to me on record fairs two years ago.

Next to the "may I listen into this" type of guy that is not ashamed enough to try to scan the whole crate through his portable.

If you feed people people they want more than to satisfy their hunger !

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    As a buyer, I have in the last few months been able to get records that were way out of my range for the past few years. Mostly 60's soul stuff - I got the Barbara Lynn LP on Atlantic & the Freddie Scott LP on Shout for half of what they were going for when I was getting outbid all the time. And it wasn't a coincidence - I have actually been bummed out because I don't have the funds to pick up all the wants I have been seeing going for cheap lately.

ask Reynaldo to loan you some money..

[color:white] sp[/color] Reynaldo's Bank & Loan

[color:white] ignore spacer please[/color]

[color:white] ignore [/color] Money Loaned For Raers

[color:white] ignore the white text spacer [/color]"We Dig So You Don't Have To!"[/b]

• yeah I'm pretty sure nobody gives afuck about break records anymore. Too bad 'cause I got lke 4 crates o' them shits I need to sell... I'm begining to wonder if records in general are finally going to become "obsolete" I mean all the big dudes use dildo now...
    I wouldn't count records out yet. I mean I been rockin dildo for a quick minute now and let's put it like this. Yeah dildo is great for travel and it's dope for doing mobiles and all that type ish but you gotta go back to rule one try and find somethin nobody else has fucked with and flip that shit. Cause the fact is if you can find the mp3 online it's been fucked with and is known(by someone). Cause I gaurantee you could go to a dollar bin find a song off some album that nobody was checkin for and that wasn't a hit, and you'll have a bitch tryn to find an mp3 of it, but no doubt in the right hands could be turned into a bangin beat. It's real nice to find some raer joints for the money but it's not everything, there is still the music side of it were you are lookin for new sounds. So if you are tryin to find somethin no one else values yet I still think diggin is a great way to go. On the other hand it's still a supply and demand world so hopefully people will still keep lookin for records.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    From a buyer's perspective, $20-40 collection-filler pieces are certainly where it's at. It's been like that for several years. I remember when (for instance) the Blacula OST used to go for $40+. I got it a few years back for less than 20. Same with stuff like Running Water, which I've seen for $30+; it's now under $15 (and unbid on). And if I needed Shaft in Africa or Cotton Comes To Harlem, now's probably the best time to snag those.

Now, granted, known big dude sellers will always get more $$$ than, say, MrGoober2597345 with a blue star. And certain cult groups (like, for some reason, Fever Tree) seemingly always get the last-minute straggler bids. But (and this is a completely uninformed postulation) I think the market for vinyl dropped a tad once folks on eBay saw how many copies of certain "raers" there really were to be had. Maybe it's a also cumulative effect: Christmas saving + copious reissues + the fact that sampling drums from OG wax has been out of style for at least 5+ years.

But I still can't get a copy of I Am What I Am for a reasonable price. ($50? Psssh.)

And: Modern Soul is out of control.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Also: could it be that the current generation simply cares less about collecting soul music?

It's not Doo-Wop-ized yet, but still...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    the current generation simply cares less about collecting soul and jazz music

and some hip hop, too

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• I've been selling all hip-hop lately but please.....

Right now I got another $3.99 record over the $20 mark with 4 hours to go. Good thing is, the stuff that sell I don't even care for that much. It's like selling crack. I don't get high on my own supply.

Signed,
    a toddler dude

• I put up A lot of electro and disco 12s which were hot for a while there. They seem to have quited down.

What electro did you have up? It's always the same handful of dude's bidding
    whenever I bid on electro raer: germans, uk-ers, and a few of us u.s. dudes.
    One thing you could do is post your auctions on the electroempire forums. They have
    a for sale section where you can post for free. That's where your target market is.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    jazz records always go for money.

bye

• i hope these records i'm into stop going for money so i can finally get some of them. will kind of suck though won't be able to stock up on multiple raers as much though but nice to have some music thats been on my wantlist for 10 years.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    but really, if you want some quick cheddar, post up your warriors ost ASAP.

I needz this.

Oh yeah................what's a Break?????

What's an ebay?

• rap and hip hop: soft
    disco: still solid
    soul: flattening out
    rock: very solid
    latin: hot
    jazz: solid
    private issue: off the charts

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    psych and of course jazz will ALWAYS go for money.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

• jazz records always go for money.

bye

wrong :-(

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

private issue: terds off the charts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    rap and hip hop: soft
    disco: still solid
    soul: flattening out
    rock: very solid
    jazz: solid

Anthony Pearson: The Barometer.

• All that said it is still pretty wild what you can pick up for 20 or 30 bucks on ebay.

Shit is not constant and I love it.

Oh and anthony you will make a mint with that latin you have up.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    All that said it is still pretty wild what you can pick up for 20 or 30 bucks on ebay.

Shit is not constant and I love it.

No doubt. I love ebay. So much dope shit slips under the cracks while everybody and their brother is after Skull Snaps and Headless Heroes.

• JUST KIDDING

• parenparen 537 Posts
    rap and hip hop: soft

sayin'.

• i was so shocked at the weak as prices i received for the seriously rare ass rap shit i offered last week.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    i was so shocked at the weak as prices i received for the seriously rare ass rap shit i offered last week.

What rare ass rap did you offer. Hit me up with a list of what you had and still have.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    i was so shocked at the weak as prices i received for the seriously rare ass rap shit i offered last week.

What rare ass rap did you offer. Hit me up with a list of what you had and still have.

• traditional soul: flattening out
    modern soul: mountain climbing

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    jazz always go for money.

bye

raer jazz

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    jazz always go for money.

bye

Holy shit. I've got that card. I've got half that set - it's only 132 cards plus stickers.

• jazz always go for money.

bye

Holy shit. I've got that card. I've got half that set - it's only 132 cards plus stickers.

But is it a 9.5 gem mint sealed in lucite?????????????

...I hate baseball cards....