Donald Byrd - Love has come around/loving you 12"
    Chaka khan - clouds/what you did 12"
    Candi Staton - when you wake up tomorrow 12"
    Sharon Redd - can you handle it 12"
    Patti Labelle - music is my way of life 12"
    Harvey Mason - groovin you 12"
    Sergio Mendes - The Real thing 12"
    Locksmith - far beyond 12"
    Clauja barry - love for the sake of love LP cut (is there a 12" release of this?)
    Carol williams - can't get away from your love (Ray Pinky Velazquez 10" dub mix)
    Billy Ocean - Nights 12"
    GQ - "there's more to love than makin love" and "lies" both are LP cuts
    Inner life - make it last forever 12"
    Larry Wu - let me show you 12"
    Pied piper of funkingham - Clap song LP cut
    Salsoul Orchestra - you're just the right size 12"
    Shalamar - sweeter as the days go by LP cut
    Rene & Angela - Secret rendezvouz 12"
    Surface Noise - the scratch 12"
    Nick straker band - just a little bit of jazz 12"
    Dennis Coffey - wings of fire 12"
    Slave - watchin you 12"
    Melba Moore - Dancin with melba LP KILLER Dollar bin DISCO LP with "standing right here","promised land","free" and a dope version of the Curtis Mayfield track "Make me believe in you"

• RezRez 164 Posts
    speaking of 45's..what about the Spice 7"-Sweet Norma Jones..bangin' disco/funk music.

Anybody needin this - PM me - I have one...

Rez

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    mp3s of both songs?

IMO this track is to House music as Nautilus is to Hip Hop. Thanks for posting.

• Some more favs:
    2"
    Clauja barry - love for the sake of love LP cut (is there a 12" release of this?)
    Melba Moore - Dancin with melba LP KILLER Dollar bin DISCO LP with "standing right here","promised land","free" and a dope version of the Curtis Mayfield track "Make me believe in you"

I have an extra of the claudja barry 12" as well as an extra of melba moore 12"" neither of which are common $1 bin finds.

btw atmosfear/ xtra special...i have an extra sealed copy this track is also the same as dolette mcdonald on bc
    ive got some heavy shit for trade...anybody got equal vinyl holla
    how do i post jpegs? this computer shit is all new to me.

also if anybody out there bought the 12" edits of masterforce...please forgive the poor pressing, as it was not my fault...they mastered twice!??! shit sounds like ass. planning to re- release w/ a different song on the flip.

• Some more favs:
    2"

I have an extra of the claudja barry 12" as well as an extra of melba moore 12"" neither of which are common $1 bin finds.

btw atmosfear/ xtra special...i have an extra sealed copy this track is also the same as dolette mcdonald on bc
    ive got some heavy shit for trade...anybody got equal vinyl holla
    how do i post jpegs? this computer shit is all new to me.

also if anybody out there bought the 12" edits of masterforce...please forgive the poor pressing, as it was not my fault...they mastered twice!??! shit sounds like ass. planning to re- release w/ a different song on the flip.

I didn't say the 12" is a dollar bin common i know the 12" is sought after.. i'm talkin about the LP Dancin with Melba wich is pretty common but dope!.
    Thanks for the info on the Claudja Barry is that an expensive 12"? please?

• Some personal favourites...

expect to see the flip of this on a bbe comp we have on the way....

tony silvester is myyyy shhiiittt! as most of your images were. i actually prefer the lp/ 45 version of bill brandon /we fell in love more than the 12"

anybody notice the similarities between euro funk 12" on eargasm....same shit as jimmy ross 1st true love affair.

heads are pulling out some real unexpected joints, as far as what i usually see on ss
    glad to see people onn here getting down to this shit...

• Some more favs:
    2"

I didn't say the 12" is a dollar bin common i know the 12" is sought after.. i'm talkin about the LP Dancin with Melba wich is pretty common but dope!.

i know...in reference i didnt mean to say you meant that...i was just stating that the 12"s are not easy
    the love for the sake of love is canada only...ive seen it got as much as $100

also.. k in canada..i believe we were recently in contact, about the summer label 12" my hotmail is all wrong, im not getting emails they arent letting me send either...not sure what is going on.
    i managed to get a copy of the hold it right there 12" i dont think heads are up on that..soon to be maybe?
    the trini 45 i like..but as i said, i need to move some vinyl i have before i can get down..so if you have a sale, let it go..dont want to hold you up!

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    The last mix cd I made*:

Can???t Get Away (From Your Love) - Carol Williams
    Do Your Best ??? Carol Hahn
    Party Let???s Party ??? Oxygen
    It???s Dynamite ??? Euro Funk (Valapucci Remix)
    Green-Eyed Lady ??? Total Unity
    Tell Me ??? Difference
    Can???t Live Without Your Love ??? Tamiko Jones
    Can I Take You Home - Mel Sheppard
    Take Me I???m Yours ??? Mary Clark
    Do It Again ??? Paulette Reaves

* I could have sworn it was 11 tracks, not 10, though. I think I'm forgetting a track 3/4 on the way through.

• Here's an old track list of a disco classics mix i did, Although this thread has inspired me to do another mix with some of the tracks mentioned above, So gonna go pull some tracks

Also check out the dirtyhans "deep disco diggin' vol 1" on the site sounding hot!

Disko Biskitz 12" Mix

[color:purple] LINK TO THE MIX [/b] [/color]

01. Stevie Wonder - Do I Do (Motown)
    02. Geraldine Hunt - Can't Fake The Feeling (Prism)
    03. First Choice - Love Thang (Gold mine)
    04. Patrice Rushen - Number One (Elecktra)
    05. Teddy Pendergrass - Only You (Philadelphia)
    06. Candi Staton - When You Wake Up Tomorrow (Warners)
    07. War - Galaxy (MCA)
    08. First Choice - Let No Man Put Asunder (Salsoul)
    09. Frisky - You Got Me Dancing In My Sleep (Vanguard)
    10. Lenny Williams - You Got Me Runnin' (ABC)
    11. Inner Life - Ain't No Mountain High Enough (Salsoul)
    12. Eddy Rosemund - Funk It (Wake Up And Move) (Laser)
    13. Pure Energy - Party On (Prism)
    14. Patrice Rushen - Haven't You Heard (Elektra)
    15. Gary's Gang - Let's Love Dance Tonight (Columbia)
    16. The Fantastic Aleems - Hooked On Your Love (NIA)
    Acapella's
    Gene Harris - Astral Signals
    Class Action - Weekend
    First Choice - Let No Man Put Asunder
    NYC Peech Boys - Life Is Something Special
    Sweet Charles - Yes It's You
    Candido - Jingo
    Ellis D - My Loleatta
    Labelle - Turn It Out
    NYC Peech Boys - Don't Make Me Wait
    Loleatta Holloway - Stand Up
    First Choice - The Player

• [color:purple] LINK TO THE MIX [/b] [/color]

Yea man, the "Party Mix" is slamming on the B-Side. Perfect over the LP version of One Ways "Shine On Me"

(Please see the shakey but solid mix posted earlier in this thread)

Nice mix!!

C.

• RezRez 164 Posts
    Great thread - let's keep it goin...will post up some personal faves in the AM - well tired now - still have 200 60s / 70s Brz LPs I just bought to sort and graded 2nite - Pro rekkid dealin? Highs and lows...lows and highs...

Nobody came back on my Ahzz 'New York's Movin' bitch? Come on - tell me...

Rez

• RezRez 164 Posts
    Candido - Jingo

Can't listen to this no mo - bad overkill here in Londonium over the years - over..

• RezRez 164 Posts
    Sharod - Schoolin (Funk Groove) first press 12" with instrumental

I can offer this sealed for trade - anyone?

Rez

• RezRez 164 Posts
    ...and this - not sealed...

Jesse Gould - Out Of Work (P&P) 12" (Jesse Gould = Jessie G.)

Rez

• RezRez 164 Posts
    Afro Dimensions - If you don???t want my love 7???

Killer - UK only? Underrated and unloved...

Rez

• wow, $100 ey? I think i'll keep rockin it off the LP then

• Here's an old track list of a disco classics mix i did, Although this thread has inspired me to do another mix with some of the tracks mentioned above, So gonna go pull some tracks

Also check out the dirtyhans "deep disco diggin' vol 1" on the site sounding hot!

Disko Biskitz 12" Mix

[color:purple] LINK TO THE MIX [/b] [/color]

01. Stevie Wonder - Do I Do (Motown)
    02. Geraldine Hunt - Can't Fake The Feeling (Prism)
    03. First Choice - Love Thang (Gold mine)
    04. Patrice Rushen - Number One (Elecktra)
    05. Teddy Pendergrass - Only You (Philadelphia)
    06. Candi Staton - When You Wake Up Tomorrow (Warners)
    07. War - Galaxy (MCA)
    08. First Choice - Let No Man Put Asunder (Salsoul)
    09. Frisky - You Got Me Dancing In My Sleep (Vanguard)
    10. Lenny Williams - You Got Me Runnin' (ABC)
    11. Inner Life - Ain't No Mountain High Enough (Salsoul)
    12. Eddy Rosemund - Funk It (Wake Up And Move) (Laser)
    14. Patrice Rushen - Haven't You Heard (Elektra)
    15. Gary's Gang - Let's Love Dance Tonight (Columbia)
    16. The Fantastic Aleems - Hooked On Your Love (NIA)
    Acapella's
    Gene Harris - Astral Signals
    Class Action - Weekend
    First Choice - Let No Man Put Asunder
    NYC Peech Boys - Life Is Something Special
    Sweet Charles - Yes It's You
    Candido - Jingo
    Ellis D - My Loleatta
    Labelle - Turn It Out
    NYC Peech Boys - Don't Make Me Wait
    Loleatta Holloway - Stand Up
    First Choice - The Player

SWEEET...thanks man, this mix is

• Options
    Some more favs:

2"

i know...in reference i didnt mean to say you meant that...i was just stating that the 12"s are not easy

the love for the sake of love is canada only...ive seen it got as much as $100

also.. k in canada..i believe we were recently in contact, about the summer label 12" my hotmail is all wrong, im not getting emails they arent letting me send either...not sure what is going on.

i managed to get a copy of the hold it right there 12" i dont think heads are up on that..soon to be maybe?

the trini 45 i like..but as i said, i need to move some vinyl i have before i can get down..so if you have a sale, let it go..dont want to hold you up!

Cool. It's not going anywhere (the Trini 45) - I was waiting for your contact regardless. I got the guy who did/own/produce that Summer 12 coming to my house on Saturday for an interview.

Don't fret about mentioning your name, I'm not the person to charge somewhere more just 'cause they're MAtt Dillon, MArcofunk, Supreme, Dimitri or Kon and Amir. People in town do get stuff much cheaper, however (cause then I get to hear it when I go out).

You get that 12 from a fellow Torontonian? A friend perhaps?

K in Canada.

• and yes again...and another (VERY) boring, no to hell with it, tell it like it is - very, very bad Disco twelve is Ahzz 'New York's Movin' on Land Of Hits - boy - Patrick & Peter weren't on their A&R game that day...should never have been pressed - excrutiatingly out of tune and a complete mess...makes $$100s regular tho - why??

that Ahzz track is soooo ill! you don't want it? please let me take it off your hands! out of all the patrick adams/peter brown joints you pick that one as an example of when they were off their game? no way...that is top shelp P&P...now that "Charlie's Angels Theme" is a different story.

some 12"s i picked up yesterday:

the Willow Band "WillowMan" 12"
    Ronnie mattlock "let me dance" 12"
    yoko ono "walking on thin ice" 12" promo
    Master Boogies Song and Dance "when the shit hits the fan" 12"
    Black Soul lp on Beam Junction...anybody know this? african disco-funk with tom moulton on the mix?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Black Soul lp on Beam Junction...anybody know this? african disco-funk with tom moulton on the mix?

Hell yeah! They have 2 LPs, but I'm not sure if they're both on the same label though cuz I only have one. Killer shit though no doubt.

A few more I've been feeling

American Gypsy - I'm OK (Kinda corny at parts, but pretty slamming)
    JD Hall - Wonder Woman (Retarded intro break)
    Southroad Connection - You Like it We Love it (It's the flip I like but can't remember the name)

DJ Ferrari

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Ray Barretto "stargazer"...sick 12" he put out on Atlantic that is totally slept on.

just listened to this last night and must say it's pretty freakin dope

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    B0mp

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    Just to prove I'm not a total disco hater after being blasted for questioning the high price being paid for Martin Dumas, here's some of my all time faves. Probably not very rare, I just like them and they always were crowd pleasers at gigs back int he day.

1)The Monster Orchestra-Hangin Out - John Davis had much more popular tunes, and even more well known break records "I can't Stop" etc but this song just screams funky summer to me.
    I actually first heard it sampled on a UK funky house record around 2001. Took me awhile to id it, even stumped the disco gurus at discomusic.com for awhile surprisingly.

2)J.R. Funk and the Love Machine- I always liked this tune, sounds kind of like a J.B. rip off but oh well good party track.

3)Vernon Burch-Get up - If you're ever at a gig and want to make everyone dance even the disco haters. Drop this classic! Then play Groove is in the Heart

4)Chicago-Street Player- Another one that never failed me at a gig. Good enough for Kenny Dope, good enough for me.

5)Norma Jean- I like love- Can't go wrong with anything from Edwards and Rodger's Chic Organization.
    Probably one of the sickest guitar,bass combo disco breaks of all time in this song at 3:03. Kind of surprised there was never a single.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Youtube playlist of 250+ songs featured in this thread: