Disco (soul/funk) records you’re feelin

Comments

• You got that Patrick Cowley "Hills of Katmandu" remix? Not sure what the original 12" even looks like but I got it on Automan 9...

• big levan/garage track.

adelfi immediately starts to punish his crotch

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Usually I'm not a disco fan but i am enjoying these songs very much and i believe they are definitely what you supergiantenormous dudes like to call common shit!

People Wake Up and Live - James Brown
    Help is on the Way - Whatnauts
    Good Good Feelin - War
    Love Money - Funkmasters

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

That's my jam.

• Ok, got it... It's getting kinda old dude. I was the first to admit the Levan love (not that kinda love)... You're starting to reach there a bit.

That's my jam.

then i will play it in your honour on Friday.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

That's my jam.

Thank you, ma'am!

• You're starting to reach there a bit.

more like reacharound

That's my jam.

Thank you, ma'am!

it's our pleasure

• Are you implying what I think you're implying?! It's good that you finally come out 3rdstream.

• dub side is the shit def., but i like the others side too. also i got a nice copy of the orginal ashford and simpson promo 12"-One More Try out of A-1 for 5 bucks. That shit is expensive..i heard it goes 400 or 500.
    amir

my god i'm so jealous! that track kills...the promo 12" has the breakdown...damn.

yeah, i think my tantra is the cowley remix.

• hey i enjoy the most common songs more because i remember when i first them. here are some common ones for me.

1.jeanette "lady day"-come let me love you.
    2.unlimited touch-i hear music in the streets
    3.robin beck-sweet talk 12"
    4.glen adams affair-just a groove 12"
    5.Junior-I can't help it 12"

hey i enjoy the most common songs more because i remember when i first them. here are some common ones for me.

1.jeanette "lady day"-come let me love you.
    2.unlimited touch-i hear music in the streets
    3.robin beck-sweet talk 12"
    4.glen adams affair-just a groove 12"
    5.Junior-I can't help it 12"

LOL - i have no problem with common (except that he's corny ) - i'm just picking up on an earlier post.

ps. i don't know one song on your list! not by their names and titles anyway.

• it's all good. u know when you go overseas to dj the audience loves the rares, but it's funny in the states for the most the common shit is what people want even they have heard last night dj saved my life a million and one times already. where are u based?

it's all good. u know when you go overseas to dj the audience loves the rares, but it's funny in the states for the most the common shit is what people want even they have heard last night dj saved my life a million and one times already. where are u based?

Toronto - but about disco, I'm lost.

Here, it's a healthy mix of folks who want to hear what they know, people who just want to dance and the chin-stroker/note taker types who'd rather talk about music than listen to it. Admittedly, everyone i know is involved in music one way or another, but i would say generally, Toronto folks (of all ages, of all walks of life) have pretty decent music knowledge. but i guess this is typical of all large cities. and the music history here is deeper than a lot of people realize...reggae alone...

• ok i love T. have been up for the caribbean festival i 2000. lovely ladies up there indeed. plus, my man attic and dj serious hold it down for a lot of the music too. oh, and about not knowing the songs i just listed. believe you would know them if you heard them.

a little quiet compared to where you are - but it's nice here - in all kinds of ways!

• hey do you know the tenderness-gotta keep on tryin. shit is dope.

• 2.unlimited touch-i hear music in the streets

That one's an all-time favorite of mine.

I recently picked up Hi-Tension "Hi-Tension" 12" for cheap. It's pretty dope (once again, kinda on the boogie side of things), and was sampled for a hip-house track, "Bless The Funk" by Double J. Does anyone have more info about it? Or maybe

• the common shit is what people want even if they have heard last night dj saved my life a million and one times already.

sadly true... tho a guy last week who was hanging around the booth a while gave me his "DJ Card", hung out some more, and upon me playing "Last Night..." asked "What is this? I have the house version..."

and my pick for 'so common it falls through the cracks" - Melba Moore - Your Sweet Lovin' - excellent boogie/disco/Kashif-sounding niceness... anyone know if theres a 12 of this?

• speaking of all time favorites. how about rufus and chaka-do you love what you feel 12". classic shit by them. never can hear enough of it.

• alright, we need some mixes up in this biatch.
    who's gonna lace us?

I'm partial to the boogie end of the spectrum, but it's all good

Kinda old, and thrown together. Made it for the wife's road trip. Its the only decent mix i have on my PC.

Some jammies, mostly classic steez, if interested i'll hit you off with a track list.

Saturday Nights Are Like Oh My God Girl!!

• hey do you know the tenderness-gotta keep on tryin. shit is dope.

yes, i've had that a couple of times. definitely a dope track...the vocals are intense! i saw a copy on the wall at a-1 today for $35 i think...not a bad price, i've sold a vg copy at that and a nm at $100!

• any love is another good chaka joint...

pretty much anything quincy joes touches from 77-83 was off the hook

steve shelto/ dont you give your love away 12' dont sleep on the sam label
    trilark lp is nice
    maxx traxx / dont touch it
    cameo kills shit !
    lorraine johnson/ more i get 12' is murder
    martha reeves/ now that we found love 45
    mike & bill/ somebodys gotta go 45
    crown heights/ far out
    the joneses/ sugar pie guy uk 12" ( us press 12' is some bullshit remix)
    freeez/ southern freeze 12"
    special touch/this partys just for you 12"
    popcorn wylie/ georgia after hours/ lp
    idris muhammad/ could heaven ever be
    johnny hammond/ los conquistadores chocolates
    rick james...too many to mention
    teena marie/ behind the groove 12"
    luther / good for the soul 12"
    greg henderson/ dreamin 12'
    roy ayers...
    poitive force/ we got the funk 12"
    third world/ loves got me dancing 12"
    tata vega/ get it up for love ....
    fatback band/ goin to see my baby
    war/ galaxy 12'
    brass constuction/ movin 12"

on&ON&ON&ON&ON.....it never ends.
    i have lots of extras if you want ...get at me

• Help is on the Way - Whatnauts
    That's my jam.

what came 1st ...this or fat larrys band / act like you know ?

• both are 1980/81 right?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    idris muhammad/ could heaven ever be

I have to rock doubles of the 45 to play the whole thing cuz the 12" is too expensive. One of my favorite tracks ever. People go nutso over this shit when the horns come in. Like serious, uncontrollable ass shakin'!

DJ Ferrari

• Hudson People - Trip To Your Mind

My all time favourite track....obviously.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    Hi-Tension "Hi-Tension" 12" for cheap. It's pretty dope (once again, kinda on the boogie side of things)

that track is about as unboogie as it gets man. straight up chicken scratch afro infuesed disco

and pretty dope is an understatment

that track is always

• both are 1980/81 right?

yeah..both are from the same year...kinda like isleys vs. james vs. david bowie vs. james

how about players association...
    mtume/ so you wanna be a star 12'
    starpoint...
    laurice hudson / feel my love inst

keep em coming