pencil VS. pen

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
which is your prefered writing instrument? i like pencil. peace, stein. . .

Comments

• which is your prefered writing instrument? i like pencil. peace, stein. . .

An old side of Einstien slowly creeping back in of late?

I say pen.

Peace...
    FNM

• which is your prefered writing instrument? i like pencil. peace, stein. . .

An old side of Einstien slowly creeping back in of late?

I say pen.

Peace...
    FNM
    yeah, everything goes in cycles. i need to get out more! peace, stein. . .

• what?? pencils suck. do you have a sharpener? cuz I definitely don't.

• what?? pencils suck. do you have a sharpener? cuz I definitely don't.
    yes. have a sharpener. peace, stein. . .

• For kanji practice, pencil... Because I have to erase shit over and over.

I don't like the smudging I often get with pencils, might be partly due to being left-handed, or I could just be careless... But with pens, it seems to dry quick, but a pencil can forever be smudged, or erased.

Peace...
    FNM

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    It's all about the combination of the two. I take pride in my notes.

For those hating on pencils, it's all about the mechanical. But real heads use the sharpener.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    I like the idea of "pencil" better - but dammit if I can remember the last time I used one instead of a pen.

• For those hating on pencils, it's all about the mechanical.

• i prefer pencils in 9B. strictly butter

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    I like the story of NASA spending millions on developing a pen which could be used in space, where russian astronauts just used a pencil.

I'm still going for pen though...

• pencil at the tattoo shop...but a nice pen feels good to write with

• I like the story of NASA spending millions on developing a pen which could be used in space, where russian astronauts just used a pencil.

oh the space pen, Ive got a few of those. Love em. Im a pen nut. I have two mont blanc fountain pens and about five watermans. Buy yourself a nice pen and you'll thank yourself.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    pencils are for school children.
    PENS.

Are you in the PEN15 Club?

• pen, no doubt

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

For those hating on pencils, it's all about the mechanical. But real heads use the sharpener.

NICE. two color notes are the shit. i usually go black/blue pen though. do you study physics? grad student?

• Pen for me, unless sketching.

Superugly: TUOCH HIM PENS

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    4 drawing I use these kinda joints

4 writing I'll use a normal pen. dunt yike pencils.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    UHHHHH

• I pick marker. Fuck a pen. Pencils are cool though.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Pencil.

• It's all about the combination of the two. I take pride in my notes.

NICE. two color notes are the shit. i usually go black/blue pen though. do you study physics? grad student?

HEY NERDS, GO BACK TO LAMBDA LAMBDA LAMBDA (tri-lam)

HEY NERDS, GO BACK TO LAMBDA LAMBDA LAMBDA (tri-lam)

you're just jealous that wormser gets mad ass.

• you're just jealous that wormser gets mad ass.

but he'll never go stair-jumping into a mini pool of beer

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

I have an unfinished Masters in Theoretical Physics (Electron-Phonon interactions in High-Tc superconductors). But I dropped out to do a Bachelors in Honors Mathematics, and subsequently soon a PhD in studying Algebra of Quantum Mechanics.

NERD LIKE WHOA!

I couldn't find my really nice notes, with pencil and 3 colored pen (blue, black, and red). I had a whole system. Red for Theorem's, blue for titles and black for important sentances and notes. Pencil for the rest.

• spcspc 534 Posts

I have an unfinished Masters in Theoretical Physics (Electron-Phonon interactions in High-Tc superconductors). But I dropped out to do a Bachelors in Honors Mathematics, and subsequently soon a PhD in studying Algebra of Quantum Mechanics.

NERD LIKE WHOA!

I couldn't find my really nice notes, with pencil and 3 colored pen (blue, black, and red). I had a whole system. Red for Theorem's, blue for titles and black for important sentances and notes. Pencil for the rest.

sweet. i'm a math dude myself. representation theory is my stuff. physics is too hard.

i used to go blue for theorems and definitions, black for proofs/comments. now i'm too lazy to take notes any more though.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I like the story of NASA spending millions on developing a pen which could be used in space, where russian astronauts just used a pencil.

oh the space pen, Ive got a few of those. Love em. Im a pen nut. I have two mont blanc fountain pens and about five watermans. Buy yourself a nice pen and you'll thank yourself.

I've been thinking of getting into the nice-pen game, but can't see dropping too much loot on something I'm going to lose pretty quickly. But Bics are definitely not helping me out much, as I lumber on ungracefully with my left-handed chicken scratches.

How much did you spend on some of your fine writing instruments?

P.S. I love pencils, but the sharpener is so key. I don't even bother writing with a dull pencil that's just so... uncouth.

i general i don't like pencils for writing because i don't like lead and how it smears. if having a sharpener is the problem for people, then what about mechanical pencils? i hate it when the lead breaks.

oh, another bad thing about pencils: when the eraser is pretty much gone and you try to erase and the metal part scrapes against the paper. i HATE that.

to keep it record related: i like it when previous owners of records decided to write on them with pencil instead of pen, because then it can be erased. nice.

• I like the story of NASA spending millions on developing a pen which could be used in space, where russian astronauts just used a pencil.

I've been thinking of getting into the nice-pen game, but can't see dropping too much loot on something I'm going to lose pretty quickly. But Bics are definitely not helping me out much, as I lumber on ungracefully with my left-handed chicken scratches.

How much did you spend on some of your fine writing instruments?

P.S. I love pencils, but the sharpener is so key. I don't even bother writing with a dull pencil that's just so... uncouth.

a good starter fountain pen, like a waterman, will run you about sixty bucks. Mont blancs are anywhere from aout 200 hundred to thousands of dollars. I'm a totally disorganized person but Ive never lost my pens. They become special once you use them, precious even.