I dont listen to reggae really CONFESSION BOOTH

2»

Comments

• shit, those feel expensive.
    I guess Im wrong. Like any other genre, the best things in it will transcend it. Thanks for those, a curse and a blessing.

• shit, those feel expensive.
    I guess Im wrong. Like any other genre, the best things in it will transcend it. Thanks for those, a curse and a blessing.

'

Ha! I just told a friend who's salivating over several pieces that he's entering a very *expensive* area of collecting...

This is what I think when I want to start collecting sweet soul 45s.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    One genre I have written off due to not having enough hours in the day (aka Futureshock) is the genre of Sizzla 45s. Am I missing much?

• I HATE REGGAETON

• One genre I have written off due to not having enough hours in the day (aka Futureshock) is the genre of Sizzla 45s. Am I missing much?

Babylon A Listen is one of my all-time favorites.

• I know Im not the only one. Consolidate here.
    I bought the Dr Alimantado when I was first starting and thought it was allright. Maybe Im not listening to the right schitt, but it doesnt do all that much for me.

And yes, I smoke refer.

No disrespect, I also love free jazz.

Shameless plug for your moder(n) reggae (h)education

And I smoke neither refer nor reefer.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

shit, those feel expensive.

Soul Constitution makes me sweat blood. it has been re-issued on 10" and is a very nice crisp and bass-y pressing.

• I know Im not the only one. Consolidate here.
    I bought the Dr Alimantado when I was first starting and thought it was allright. Maybe Im not listening to the right schitt, but it doesnt do all that much for me.

And yes, I smoke refer.

No disrespect, I also love free jazz.

Shameless plug for your moder(n) reggae (h)education

And I smoke neither refer nor reefer.

ha, my post was just a shameless plug to get educated.

• Options

Soul Constitution makes me sweat blood. it has been re-issued on 10" and is a very nice crisp and bass-y pressing.

A,

That was a bootleg and Familyman saw not a penny from that - I don't event hin it has his name of the 10, does it?

K.

P.S. I had 3 copies of that at one point - kept one, sold one to Legend and another guy. I have a feeling the other guy booted it, but haven't been able to prove it. Same with that Jackie Mittoo "Disco Dub" 10, that's a boot too.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I HATE REGGAETON
    Uber co-sign
    Encompasses all that is wack with commercial hiphop and is even more generic and more screaming and dare i say disrespect to women

I was in peru all summer "la gasolina...lo que paso paso...DA-DY-YAN-KEE!" Wanted to shoot myself. Then i come back to mtl turn on tv/radio nooooooooooooo!!!!!

A club dj mixing these songs like 10 tracks can drive someone insane however it can be fun to laugh at it or cue the generic drumline after the "built up to it"

A,

That was a bootleg and Familyman saw not a penny from that - I don't event hin it has his name of the 10, does it?

K.

It did have his name on it - the Honest Jon/PK 10 is a bootleg? That surprises me.

• Options
    That's not the issue I saw. They're stuff is usually legit...though Ossie Creary of Super 8/Half Moon tells me they owe him money. He amy be full of it, though.

K.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I'm also careful of writing off whole genres. I don't think any real music enthusiast can or should do that

Death metal

• I'm also careful of writing off whole genres. I don't think any real music enthusiast can or should do that

death metal

Dont write off

That's not the issue I saw. They're stuff is usually legit...though Ossie Creary of Super 8/Half Moon tells me they owe him money. He amy be full of it, though.

K.

Sadly, nothing new???be it 1968 in and out of a studio or some 2005 boot ??? the majority of these folks never got paid what they deserved.

• I've gotten so burnt out on Reggae living in VT, it's hard to get exited about it.

They had a class @ UVM called "Rhetoric of Reggae Music" which was actually really cool.

Anyway, I like it, but don't seek it out.

haha.....I think my girl took the same class @ UVM. She speaks highly of it too.

• Options
    I don't like that Dr A album either, and I quite like all facets of the music (save for most dancehall), but I'm careful to dismiss whole areas of music (simply because I've been proven wrong again and again).

I won't Let You Go (soulful ska)

soul sonstitution (deep slow and low funk/breaks)

Been SO Long (soulful rocksteady/reggae

Come To Zion (deep roots tune)

Meditation (unfuckwithable dub)

DJ style

Wondering (straight up JA sweet soul)

It's all in what you've heard/seen, K.

Forgot this hip hop sample

K.

• I HATE REGGAETON

cosign.