WEEKDAY FINDS b/w best scores of 2005

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

"EW"

sike, nice stuffs

you (punk) rock?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Marco's best finds of the year:

Of course, the year in question being 1988.

Definitely some classics there, also a couple of "hey lets make a metal record, alienate our fanbase & sully our legendary name" albums too. Not to forget that one "I don't need you guys anymore, I'm gonna take all the new material, play all the instruments & make the record myself" album.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Funny, my boy Biz came up on almost the same exact score in the mid-90's, at Nuggets in Boston. Just add Negative FX and F.U.'s and it's pretty much the same pile. He was standing there while some clueless kid was pricing a pile, obviously someone's entire OG HC collection, just taking each record as it was put down, priced at $2 apiece. I am still jealous to this day.

• Not to forget that one "I don't need you guys anymore, I'm gonna take all the new material, play all the instruments & make the record myself" album.

The first song is a great one to play when THE OC is on.

But really, my favorite is the "TWO guitarplayers? Dude, we've got THREE. Plus we're friends with Bob Mould" album.

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    Marco's best finds of the year:

Any chance of a CD-R of SSD's "get it away"?? I sold that many years ago & I regret it to this day. I'll trade you a funk 45 (un)mix CD of my own.....

• I got these on a house buy in East Oakland earlier today. Some real nice titles in decent playing condition for the most part. Not my best find of the year but I'm not mad at it either.

I had my poker face working overtime when I pulled some of these. The "White Heat" album to the left of Young Holt record is not something I'd ever seen before but it's pretty good.

Of course there was the obligatory unsleeved SOUL album thrown in the mix.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i like the white heat album too.

nice barry white production- pretty smooth.. i like the laid back cuts the most and the less-funky ones.

• i like the white heat album too.

nice barry white production- pretty smooth.. i like the laid back cuts the most and the less-funky ones.

I haven't had time to listen to most of this stuff but the Tyrone Thomas "Turn Back The Hands Of Time" is killing shit.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

I need that Lost Generation LP.......

• Options
    I'll let Johnny have the reggae shine this week:

oK, one reggae LP - I couldn't hold back

A Change IS Gonna COme (no SC)

K in Canada.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    that human beinz looks how is it?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    damn morocco! i hate you! ive been after that for so long. ebay or local?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Local, a customer actually just gave it to me.

I've been lookin for this shit for a while now too. Haven't seen one on ebay for bout 6 months or so.

• nice finds...I've been rocking Aoxomoxoa all week. I need Soft Machine records!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

not good.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    found this on monday - cheap

best of the year has to be this, for 6 euro.

• that human beinz looks how is it?

not good.

I must disagree oh Crinktastic one. 'Nobody But Me' is a kick ass record no matter how you slice it, and there's a great version of 'Turn On Your Lovelight'.

• Options

not good.

I must disagree oh Crinktastic one. 'Nobody But Me' is a kick ass record no matter how you slice it, and there's a great version of 'Turn On Your Lovelight'.

I gotta disagree, too. Their cover of Foxy Lady ain't half bad either - whole album held it together IMO.

K in Canada.

• I got these on a house buy in East Oakland earlier today. Some real nice titles in decent playing condition for the most part. Not my best find of the year but I'm not mad at it either.

I had my poker face working overtime when I pulled some of these. The "White Heat" album to the left of Young Holt record is not something I'd ever seen before but it's pretty good.

Of course there was the obligatory unsleeved SOUL album thrown in the mix.

not your best finds of the year?! jesus man you must be killing it then.

i haven't bought any records in the last 24 hours and i'm getting the shakes. (awaiting moroccon moles birthday gift

the last house buy i did in this area was all john denver and johnny mathis records. your doing good man.

dave

From the girlfriend for our anniversary. Can't think of a better find this year.

• From the girlfriend for our anniversary. Can't think of a better find this year.

Holy SCHIIT

fuk A braek

• Yes, very.

You know, when reading these threads I wonder if the first thing some folks on here do after buying records is take pictures and post them up on SOULTRUT tm, rather than checking them out. I sure hope not, but I have a hunch that it's more than a few. It seems like there are some that post their pics in almost every 'finds' thread.

BTW this observation is NOT referring specifically to this thread, but more in a general sense.

I must confess - I have yet to "check out" my new blowfish, yet here I am posting pics. shameful.

• I must confess - I have yet to "check out" my new blowfish, yet here I am posting pics. shameful.

Good lord, what are you going to do with it?

PS. very funny, fukker

I must confess - I have yet to "check out" my new blowfish, yet here I am posting pics. shameful.

uhhhhh..... nothing....

• Yes, very.

You know, when reading these threads I wonder if the first thing some folks on here do after buying records is take pictures and post them up on SOULTRUT tm, rather than checking them out. I sure hope not, but I have a hunch that it's more than a few. It seems like there are some that post their pics in almost every 'finds' thread.

BTW this observation is NOT referring specifically to this thread, but more in a general sense.

PSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!

What???!?!?!? You don't find 20 sealed copies of Jamaican Acetates and take close-up photos of each single one every week? Little Dude!

You don't buy a stack of bullshit extotica records that "sound groovy with heavy drums" and lay them out like tiles atop a red and green rug? Little Dude!

Or 1,000$ polish jazz fart records right next to "Bill Withers 'Grandma's Hands' 45's"?

FUCKING LITTLE DUDE!

j/k y'all!

• I must confess - I have yet to "check out" my new blowfish, yet here I am posting pics. shameful.

uhhhhh..... nothing....

Is that Lionel Hampton fumky?

Most: I admit it, I am that.