WEEKDAY FINDS b/w best scores of 2005

nrichnrich 932 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Long time lead finally came through. and after trudging way out to the middle of nowhere I come away with tons of unplayed disco 12" overstock. kind of makes my Austin finds look weak

Comments

• Phreek is nice. What else did you come up on in there?

• Nrich that is what I am talking about please post up a list if you can

Also: anyone need Shaft in Africa

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    that's just what i pulled out of one box. it will probably take a good week to go through.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Do they have H20 damage? Those boxes look alot like the ones I have that got mucho wet.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    are they good(ie. expensive) disco titles though?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    are they good (ie. expensive hot beat, good, soulful vocals) disco titles though?

• are they gay as shit because I hope so

• CawtDam, between this haul and Paycheck's reggae finds I see I have to get my game up. Lots of records yet to be found.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    today:

IMG src=http://www.boomspeed.com/fannywagon/wreckchords.jpg>

45s:

the jerms - green door

jesse anderson - mighty mighty

anybody know anything about that George Nardello? has some seriously quality shit on it!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    today:

45s:
    the jerms - green door

anybody know anything about that George Nardello? has some seriously quality shit on it!
    nice find on the positive force!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    today:

45s:
    the jerms - green door

nice find on the positive force!

thanks...3 bucks, but theres a little water damage and warping...VERY clean record though.

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    CawtDam, between this haul and Paycheck's reggae finds I see I have to get my game up. Lots of records yet to be found.

I'm thinking the same thing. I took Friday off to run a few errands and then I'm digging my ass off.....

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    are they good(ie. expensive) disco titles though?

There are plenty of good-great disco 12s that are inexpensive, TheMack

If you're into music, that is...

• Nice, I just bought a 400+ collection of disco 12"s myself (though mine were from an ex-dj). Here's a sample of some of the better ones:

• got out of work early because of doctors appointment, hit up local goodwill. had a bunch of haitian/trinidad joints, most in surprisingly good condition.

also some psychedelic cult stuff from berkeley (sufi choir, 2 copies), traditional haitian records (ehh), what seems like lesbian-private-press folk (song for michael), and some ike/tina as well as gladys knight.

hella bob marley, jewish private holy music

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I'd be interested in the Les Dificiles de Petion Ville, the Chleu Chleu on Ibo, and the Les Gypies on Macaya if "eh" means that their not your thing.

we could work out trade.

• The Mighty Hannibal - Jerkin' The Dog (Shurfine)
    Mamie Galore - Special Agent 34-24-38 (St Lawrence)

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    today:

45s:
    the jerms - green door

anybody know anything about that George Nardello?[/b] has some seriously quality shit on it!
    The only thing that I know about him is he's from Philly (don't know of any artists/bands that he has collaborated with). Oh yeah, Ooga Mooga is my shit!!

• I'd be interested in the Les Dificiles de Petion Ville, the Chleu Chleu on Ibo, and the Les Gypies on Macaya if "eh" means that their not your thing.

we could work out trade.

i was ehhing on the "traditional music of haiti" and the "haitian voodoo ceremony"...which kinda seemed like exposition (exploitation?) style records. the petion-ville stuff and the coupe cloue are definitely my bag. i haven't gotten a chance to check out the chleu-chleu yet.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

thought this was kinda cool. no old school rap near it though.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Also: anyone need Shaft in Africa

i'm down for a trade...

peace.

• Long time lead finally came through. and after trudging way out to the middle of nowhere I come away with tons of unplayed disco 12" overstock. kind of makes my Austin finds look weak

What's the record on Brass? Please don't say Rappin all over

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Long time lead finally came through. and after trudging way out to the middle of nowhere I come away with tons of unplayed disco 12" overstock. kind of makes my Austin finds look weak

Not sure, there were a few on that label. No Uno Melodica, Red Greg or Sound of New York but just about every other label.
    Needless to say, I've got disco trades for a while.
    Some really good Modern Soul 12" releases too for you modern soul fiends.

Has anyone heard of this record called Chocolate Star?? [color:white] JOKING [/color]

• Long time lead finally came through. and after trudging way out to the middle of nowhere I come away with tons of unplayed disco 12" overstock. kind of makes my Austin finds look weak

Not sure, there were a few on that label. No Uno Melodica, Red Greg or Sound of New York but just about every other label.
    Needless to say, I've got disco trades for a while.
    Some really good Modern Soul 12" releases too for you modern soul fiends.

Has anyone heard of this record called Chocolate Star?? [color:white] JOKING [/color]

Dude please tell me there are like 10 sealed copies of Chocolate Star

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

the "joking" didn't quite come through on that one.

what was the hi-lite of the batch N**h*n?

• Has anyone heard of this record called Chocolate Star?? [color:white] JOKING [/color]

CLOWNED BY WHITE TEXT
    LOL AT THE INTERNET

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

what was the hi-lite of the batch N**h*n?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself on that one.

I don't even know what the best one is yet. I have a 'keepers' stack of about 30 things so far (I'm a picky mofo). Some impressive joint on West End I'd never heard of, Erotic Drum Band, Al Hudson - Spread Love, some Blue Note and Groove Merchant promo 12"s, Konk, weird No-Wave things, A few Patrick Adams things... I don't even know yet. But they are all stone mint, like barely even touched by human hands. A bunch of weird electro and modern soul and just some strange-to-be-on-12" things.
    If anyone will fess up with a BWH - Stop/Livin Up on House of Music, you will get some killer trades.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

CLOWNED BY WHITE TEXT
    LOL AT THE INTERNET

more like:

LOL AT THE SCHNIPPER

"you so fany"

• Marco's best finds of the year:

Of course, the year in question being 1988.