NBA 2005-2006... WHAT IT DO, BATCHES

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

kobe scores 81

ray ray's 3-pointer buzzer beater clinches sonics 152-149 double ot victory over the suns

lil boykins and nuggets beat spurs at home

what a day in the nba

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Peja for Artest !!

espn.com

Peja is perfect in Indy........Ron might commit suicide... but he's a good fit in Sac

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Peja for Artest !!

espn.com

Peja is perfect in Indy........Ron might commit suicide... but he's a good fit in Sac

Artest in SACRAMENTO makes even less sense than Webber there.

Have fun Ronnie! :careerover:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Peja for Artest !!

espn.com

As a Pacer fan, I'm not too happy with this trade. Peja is past his prime. How many years does he have left? His contract situation is really the only real upside to this deal. At this point in his career he's(JUST) a catch and shoot cat. I wanted a young slasher. I hope he proves me wrong. I dont see him returning to ALLSTAR form.

Peja for Artest !!

espn.com

As a Pacer fan, I'm not too happy with this trade. Peja is past his prime. How many years does he have left? His contract situation is really the only real upside to this deal. At this point in his career he's(JUST) a catch and shoot cat. I wanted a young slasher. I hope he proves me wrong. I dont see him returning to ALLSTAR form.

Without knowing TOO much about the Pacers and how they play, it would seem to me that Peja in Indy is a pretty good fit. If anything, he'll help fill the Miller role and be a threat from the outside to contrast an O'Neal on the inside.

As for Ronnie in Sactown...who knows.

Peja for Artest !!

espn.com

Without knowing TOO much about the Pacers and how they play, it would seem to me that Peja in Indy is a pretty good fit. If anything, he'll help fill the Miller role and be a threat from the outside to contrast an O'Neal on the inside.

As for Ronnie in Sactown...who knows.

That's the problem.............Miller played the background in the offense for three seasons, only appearing to save the day when needed. Peja is going to need a certain amount of touches to be effective. And now with O'Neal injured, its going to take a minute to see Peja and the Pacers gel into a team who might miss the playoffs.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    hey Drewn, LAKERS AT PISTONS on Sunday.

I predict it'll be over in ONE PLAY. With Lakers trailing by 1 in the fourth, Kobe will drive in, hook Prince with his left forearm and break his ribs...at which point he'll be doubled by Chauncey but he'll cross him and drop Billups to the floor...continuing down the paint, he'll leap, throw one down on Big Ben, and make him wish he was at home braiding his hair. AND1. Lakers up by 2.

just funnin' man. wishful thinking

What to watch for:

I predict that the Pistons will hold Kobe to 25 points, or less.

What's your prediction?

What to watch for:

The Lakers will need more than Kobe to even have a chance on Sunday.

What's your prediction?

What's your prediction?

Realistically, it shouldn't even be a contest. The only threat from the Laker's offense is Kobe and Lamar's occassional drive to the basket. On defense, everything is vulnerable. The Pistons will have a LOT of second chance opportunities. Pistons by 15. But hoping for miracle and biggest upset of the year.

What's your prediction?

Realistically, it shouldn't even be a contest.

• big trade go down

to minnesota:

Ricky Davis
    Mark Blount
    Marcus Banks
    Justin Reed
    2 second round picks

to boston:

Wally Szczerbiak
    Michael Olowokandi
    Dwayne Jones
    conditional first round pick

i guess i see what's behind this deal (boston was willing to do anything to get out from under mark blount's contract and ainge loves his draft picks ..), but i thought they were really happy with ricky davis in boston. either way he had been putting up great numbers this year ... maybe he never quite matured as much as i thought he had ..

big trade go down

to minnesota:

Ricky Davis
    Mark Blount
    Marcus Banks
    Justin Reed
    2 second round picks

to boston:

Wally Szczerbiak
    Michael Olowokandi
    Dwayne Jones
    conditional first round pick

i guess i see what's behind this deal (boston was willing to do anything to get out from under mark blount's contract and ainge loves his draft picks ..), but i thought they were really happy with ricky davis in boston. either way he had been putting up great numbers this year ... maybe he never quite matured as much as i thought he had ..

Yeah, and Minnesota wanted to clean house. Ricky Davis will prosper with Garnett.
    Wally in Boston....

What to watch for:

What's your prediction?

OK, so Kobe ended up with 39.

For anyone interested, he will be on Quite Frankly tonight, at its new time of 11 p.m. EST on ESPN2.

What to watch for:

What's your prediction?

OK, so Kobe ended up with an L.

• Hey Drewn, Mavs still quietly puttin' it down. 8 straight (trumped by y'alls 11, natch)....tied for first in the WEST. The team is gettin' better. Top 10 in points allowed, top 5 in rebounding....really startin to get less and less worried about the Spurs here. Spurs best get healthy.

Team's undefeated since Damps started comin' off the bench. Stackhouse is the new Microwave.

Thank you, Don Nelson, for retiring. The Mavs are a bona fide team these days.

Respek'.

Hey Drewn, Mavs still quietly puttin' it down. 8 straight (trumped by y'alls 11, natch)....tied for first in the WEST. The team is gettin' better. Top 10 in points allowed, top 5 in rebounding....really startin to get less and less worried about the Spurs here. Spurs best get healthy.

Team's undefeated since Damps started comin' off the bench. Stackhouse is the new Microwave.

Respek'.

Just remember that Nelson built that team and Avery Johnson was his student. I'm glad Dallas has finally
    embraced defense.

• Hey Drewn, Mavs still quietly puttin' it down. 8 straight (trumped by y'alls 11, natch)....tied for first in the WEST. The team is gettin' better. Top 10 in points allowed, top 5 in rebounding....really startin to get less and less worried about the Spurs here. Spurs best get healthy.

Respek'.

Just remember that Nelson built that team and Avery Johnson was his student. I'm glad Dallas has finally
    embraced defense.

I do, but I might challenge you as to how much Nellie "built" this incarnation. This Mavs team belongs as much to the Lil' Gen as it does to Nellie. Guess it depends on how much you think Nellie had to do w/ the acquisitions of Howard, Terry, Stack and Damps. Are those Nellie guys? The days and memories of the "Big 3" and 120-115 games are gone.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I still think Newitzki is a viking with the worst nicknames (dirk diggler, dirty dirk)

What to watch for:

What's your prediction?

you hate on him every opportunity you get, that's very grown-up!

hey man, nobody hates on your WACKASS PACERS...so would you stop?

wow, why do i even bother......

Looks like the stage is set for this year's Dunk Competition:

2005 SPRITE RISING STARS SLAM DUNK COMPETITORS

Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia F F 6???6??? 207
    Nate Robinson, New York G 5???9??? 180
    Josh Smith, Atlanta F 6???9??? 225
    Hakim Warrick, Memphis F 6???9??? 219

should be

but where's Vince, Kobe, or Lebron? kidding yo. (i think by now, we've given up on them participating again).

should be

but where's Vince, Kobe, or Lebron? kidding yo. (i think by now, we've given up on them participating again).

Lebron officially said he's not doin' it this year. The rest of the lineup looks good.

Anyone heard about what happened to Chris "Birdman" Andersen? Dude got popped for "drugs of abuse", two year ban from the league. And I think he has to start at square one after that. :careerover:

What to watch for:

What's your prediction?

embraced defense.

I do, but I might challenge you as to how much Nellie "built" this incarnation. This Mavs team belongs as much to the Lil' Gen as it does to Nellie. Guess it depends on how much you think Nellie had to do w/ the acquisitions of Howard, Terry, Stack and Damps. Are those Nellie guys? The days and memories of the "Big 3" and 120-115 games are gone.
    "Prior to the start of the 2004-2005 season, the Mavericks once again underwent several major roster changes. In three separate trades, the Mavericks acquired Jerry Stackhouse, the #5 overall draft pick that netted rookie point guard Devin Harris, Jason Terry, Alan Henderson, and Erick Dampier. In obtaining these players, the Mavs parted ways with Antawn Jamison, Antoine Walker, Tony Delk, and Eduardo Najera, while also losing point guard Steve Nash in free agency.

On the court, the Mavericks 25th anniversary season proved to be another successful one. They finished with a record of 58-24, second best in franchise history. The team made their fifth straight appearance in the NBA Playoffs and their 11th overall, tying the longest streak of consecutive playoff appearances in franchise history (1984-1988).

In addition to the roster changes that took place over the summer, the Mavs also underwent a late-season head coaching change. Prior to the game on March 19, Don Nelson resigned as head coach of the Mavericks to take on a consulting role. Nelson handed his whistle over to Avery Johnson, who became the eighth coach in Mavericks history. During his 18 game stint as Mavericks coach prior to the start of the playoffs, Johnson coached the Mavs to an astounding 16-2 record."

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

should be

They have zero incentive to do so... maybe if a corporate sponsor were to put up a million dollar pot.

• Just remember that Nelson built that team and Avery Johnson was his student. I'm glad Dallas has finally
    embraced defense.

"Prior to the start of the 2004-2005 season, the Mavericks once again underwent several major roster changes. In three separate trades, the Mavericks acquired Jerry Stackhouse, the #5 overall draft pick that netted rookie point guard Devin Harris, Jason Terry, Alan Henderson, and Erick Dampier. In obtaining these players, the Mavs parted ways with Antawn Jamison, Antoine Walker, Tony Delk, and Eduardo Najera, while also losing point guard Steve Nash in free agency.

On the court, the Mavericks 25th anniversary season proved to be another successful one. They finished with a record of 58-24, second best in franchise history. The team made their fifth straight appearance in the NBA Playoffs and their 11th overall, tying the longest streak of consecutive playoff appearances in franchise history (1984-1988).

In addition to the roster changes that took place over the summer, the Mavs also underwent a late-season head coaching change. Prior to the game on March 19, Don Nelson resigned as head coach of the Mavericks to take on a consulting role. Nelson handed his whistle over to Avery Johnson, who became the eighth coach in Mavericks history. During his 18 game stint as Mavericks coach prior to the start of the playoffs, Johnson coached the Mavs to an astounding 16-2 record."
    Valid points you've quoted there bro.

Sayin though: Avery Johnson has been an NBA coach for four months. He's won Coach of the Month three times. He didn't learn how to coach D from Nellie, that's for sure. In fact, I'd say Avery picked up more as a "coach on the floor" for Greg Pop than he did in his short time w/ Nellie. but I love Nellie, just glad the Mavs aren't a carney show anymore.

They're playing reeeaaalllyyy well right now. Last night's Memphis game shoulda ended the streak, but they gut it out yet again w/ some crucial Damps D on Paul in the 4th Q.

Mavs will be on National TV 3 times next week, including hosting the Lakers (who own us currently) on Tuesday. Lookin forward to it since I was to cheap to throw down on the League Pass this year.

They're playing reeeaaalllyyy well right now. Last night's Memphis game shoulda ended the streak, but they gut it out yet again w/ some crucial Damps D on Paul in the 4th Q.

Mavs will be on National TV 3 times next week, including hosting the Lakers (who own us currently) on Tuesday. Lookin forward to it since I was to cheap to throw down on the League Pass this year.

A.J. inherited this team from Nellie. And A.J. just implemented a defensive mindstate. There's not that much of an overhaul. It's the old system tweaked.
    I'm glad they have turned the corner, 'cause they were just a "circus act" for a minute.

What to watch for:

What's your prediction?

yes, i knew you would bring that up.

but hey, you try coming into town at 3AM, and trying to play some damn basketball the next day.

should be

They have zero incentive to do so... maybe if a corporate sponsor were to put up a million dollar pot.

NBA commentators have suggested this also. But first place has always been about $25/35K, sponsored by Gatorade or Sprite. "Street cred" is definitely on the line. Also when you're too ill out there, you could forever be classified as a "DUNKER" or "he gets up". (see Vince, Desmond, JRich). ofcourse that ain't so bad either.

• Does anyone else think it's even going to be a contest this year? When Nate starts pullin out his nasty dunks at 5'9", these other 6'9" and 6'6" cats' dunks are going to pale in comparison.

That said, I'm looking forward to it.

I guess Birdman won't get to do his "dunk and then do a rail off the back iron" after all.