Camron Shot In DC!!

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    tryong to remember where NJ and NY meet

a few blocks west of capitol st.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    It'd be a trip if one of these days somebody got shot in the abdomen and had to walk around with a colostomy bag. I mean, for a high-profile rapper who's image is everything, that'd probably be worse than dying.

It's not like they'd rock it on the outside anyway. You can hide those easily, just don't get kicked.

Of course I knew a kid who was supposed to have one (I never asked)... he went through a phase where his smelled like rotten donkey shit. Don't know what was up with that.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    tryong to remember where NJ and NY meet

a few blocks west of capitol st.

North Cap and New York? That's a pretty busy area too!

Just for those of you not familiar with DC, it's not like he was riding through the meanest, most desolate drug-infested streets of Dodge City....this is heavily traveled, regular folks territory. People roll thru these spots in stretch limos, outrageosly expensive cars on the regular between clubs, hotels,events and such.

I am pretty suspect about the 'carjack' story at this stage...

And what's so bad about Hypnotiq? I bought a bottle of it at Costco in Las Vegas! Blue and tasty!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Just for those of you not familiar with DC, it's ... the meanest, most desolate drug-infested ... City.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Killa Cam Click the link it's the news report of the incident with a interview from Cam,seems like he's that dumb after all.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

And what's so bad about Hypnotiq? I bought a bottle of it at Costco in Las Vegas! Blue and tasty!

Quick! Edit your post!

It is never a good look for a man to publicly admit that he has a taste for Hypnotiq. The only acceptable allusion to Hypnotiq for a man is when he is boasting that he has the financial resources to buy large quantities of it for the ladies.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Killa Cam Click the link it's the news report of the incident with a interview from Cam,seems like he not[/b] that dumb after all.

quiet is kept.

• slightly more articulate version of the kid from msypace. young jeezy is cool becaue he sells coke!

Everyone knows that in 2005, selling crack is now what all the cool teens back in the '80s did. Rockin' the snowman logo = the new Africa medallions.

I hate to illuminate your distance from the streets, Oliver, but cool teens back in the '80s sold crack too...

Day - Do you have a separate set of "hood" clothes and like, "other" clothes? Still trying to figure this out over here

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    A. Anybody that lives in a big house is just ASKING to get robbed.

B. Allhiphop.com is the most credible news source in the world.

The resentment towards ostentatious rich black folks on this board is ridiculous. Please grow up, people.

-e

• I think anyone who drives a 250,000 Lamborghini around in the U.S. is an idiot. Those cars are built for the autobahn and other high speed highways in Europe. There is no place in the U.S. that you can drive fast enough to justify having a car like that. Driving a Lamborghini around in a U.S. city? LOL!!!!! It will overheat and cause all kinds of damage. You need to run those at consistent high speeds just to keep the air flow going to keep the engine cool enough. WASTE of money. This is also a pretty dangerous country with lots of guns. $250,000 car?
    Not very safe.

DC is full of random people with expensive vehicles, so that's nothing new. H20 has a sketchy crowd at times. Though it's not in a real bad area, it's not too far from some rougher parts so this kind of event in that particular area isn't too unexpected.

Tread softly on DC nights.
    I do hope he pulls a full recovery.

• actually if I visualizing it right the way he went does put you through some nasty crack and heron spots. we live here so it doesn't seem like much but those are some pretty rough areas.

actually if I visualizing it right the way he went does put you through some nasty crack and heron spots. we live here so it doesn't seem like much but those are some pretty rough areas.

I guess, but I just want folks from out-of-DC to understand that this area is traversed every day by rich, poor, criminal,celebrity, politicians, criminal politicians...for those who insinuate that flossing in the 'hood is asking for it, he wasn't exactly traveling out of his way to BE in any 'hood. Just a busy street in the city, and we know crazy shit happens anywhere. Remember the story I had a few weeks back where a woman was beaten and carjacked between Washington Hospital Center and Children's Hospital while coming to meet her daughter who was brought to Children's by ambulance from an accident? Crazy shit middle of the afternoon, man. People looking for reasons when there may or MAY NOT be any.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Even though he's dope, most people aren't paying money cause they want to hear dude rap. The public wants to see this dude dead. I've always thought that we really pay artists/celebrities to die in colorful ways for our amusement. They OD, kill themselves or get fucked up & the public lives vicariously through it all. Hip hop is especially geared towards this mindset. Some dude evades getting fucked up until his card is pulled. Then he's dead & everyone gets off on it. People talk about how hard dude was & white high school kids mean mug to dudes CD in their suburban bedrooms. You're paying to watch a black man get rich or die trying. Its like a game show, but the stakes are higher. Hope you're enjoying the show.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Even though he's dope, most people aren't paying money cause they want to hear dude rap. The public wants to see this dude dead. I've always thought that we really pay artists/celebrities to die in colorful ways for our amusement. They OD, kill themselves or get fucked up & the public lives vicariously through it all. Hip hop is especially geared towards this mindset. Some dude evades getting fucked up until his card is pulled. Then he's dead & everyone gets off on it. People talk about how hard dude was & white high school kids mean mug to dudes CD in their suburban bedrooms. You're paying to watch a black man get rich or die trying. Its like a game show, but the stakes are higher. Hope you're enjoying the show.

That's a bizzare mindset that I don't think even comes close to representing reality for most people.

[color:white]However, it might say something profound about you. [/color]

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

That's a bizzare mindset that I don't think even comes close to representing reality for most people.

[color:white]However, it might say something profound about you. [/color]

I don't think its the mindset of people here - But that of the public at large.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

This is ridiculous; only a tiny minority of celebrities die spectacularly when at the peak of their fame.

That is clearly not what the public as a whole is looking for from celebrities.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    It is never a good look for a man to publicly admit that he has a taste for Hypnotiq. The only acceptable allusion to Hypnotiq for a man is when he is boasting that he has the financial resources to buy large quantities of it for the ladies.

I also think SoulStrut dudes presuming to give advice on what to drink in the hood[/b] is hilarious.

hahaha. what drinks are safe to rock in the hood?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

This is ridiculous; only a tiny minority of celebrities die spectacularly when at the peak of their fame.

I take it that you don't read the national inquirer.

I take it that you don't read the national inquirer.

Some people love to see celebs screw up so they can feel a tiny bit of control when they then forgive and forget, or dismiss and demonize. I doubt very seriously many FANS wish death or ill upon any celebs, especially barely-celebs-to-the-mainstream like Cam. Are huge numbers of suburban kids jocking C-Murder since he went to prison?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

I also think SoulStrut dudes presuming to give advice on what to drink in the hood[/b] is hilarious.

hahaha. what drinks are safe to rock in the hood?

Cutty bang, What it do & Killahoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in my life.

Clearly you read too much[/b] National Inquirer... or should be writing for them.

-e

• dayday 9,611 Posts

The resentment towards ostentatious rich black folks on this board is ridiculous. Please grow up, people.

-e

Please dude. I'm all out of straws so keep reaching.

You all are missing the point. This has nothing to do with being Black or a rapper or whatever. Let me see any of you fools try and rock like that without getting got.

Just to make sure I'm not thinking crazy here, I asked a dude at my work "if you walk into another neighborhood wearing a $200,000 chain...-" and before I could even finish "it's gonna get took."

And this man knows what he speaks.

And Jon, I don't change clothes but I also don't rock anything but the occasional gold chain and roley (mini ).

I don't know how many other ways I can explain myself with this.

• surprised he didn`t get robbed being as he couldn`t drive anywhere..

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Just to make sure I'm not thinking crazy here, I asked a dude at my work "if you walk into another neighborhood wearing a $200,000 chain...

i know birdman already said this, but to restate his point - this did not happen in some remote dc hood, it was on a major intersection on a four lane street that capitol hill hot shots drive their flashy cars down every day.

mumbo what "nasty crack spots" are you talking about? from h20 to new york ave nw? unless he took a long ass route he'd mostly be going though touristy and business areas. i mean there'd probably be a few crackheads around, but nothing i'd describe as a "nasty crack spot", especially compared to other parts of the city.

• Just to make sure I'm not thinking crazy here, I asked a dude at my work "if you walk into another neighborhood wearing a $200,000 chain...

i know birdman already said this, but to restate his point - this did not happen in some remote dc hood, it was on a major intersection on a four lane street that capitol hill hot shots drive their flashy cars down every day.

mumbo what "nasty crack spots" are you talking about? from h20 to new york ave nw? unless he took a long ass route he'd mostly be going though touristy and business areas. i mean there'd probably be a few crackheads around, but nothing i'd describe as a "nasty crack spot", especially compared to other parts of the city.

Like I said.

"actually if I visualizing it right the way he went does put you through some nasty crack and heron spots. we live here so it doesn't seem like much but those are some pretty rough areas."

If I am visualizing it right. Let me break out google earth and see after lunch.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

-e

Please dude. I'm all out of straws so keep reaching.

The above wasn't necessarily directed at you..

-e

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Just to make sure I'm not thinking crazy here, I asked a dude at my work "if you walk into another neighborhood wearing a $200,000 chain...

I don't think that matters so much, for all we know he could of been tailed from the club, or better yet driving a flashy car at 2 am down any street is probably far more dangerous than doing so in broad daylight.

For all you dudes claiming racism I think you need to check yourself. No one outside of you guys brought up race cause it wasn't a component of this discussion til you guys threw it on the table. This was a case of a guy who bragged beyond bragging getting got for his riches. Flashing your money is a stupid move plain and simple. You guys telling me that when you got large amounts of cash on you you floss it as opposed to keeping it in your wallet or pocket?

you want that kind of attention soon enough your going to get the wrong kind of person giving you that attention.

OK now continue on with your "why white people that aren't you are so racist" rants

• Rapper Shot in Alleged Carjacking in D.C.

By Brigid Schulte and Hamil R. Harris
    Washington Post Staff Writers
    Monday, October 24, 2005; B01

New York hip-hop artist Cameron "Cam'ron" Giles, in the District for Howard University's annual homecoming and a hot celebrity-studded party in town Saturday night, is not the kind of guy who lives out his violent lyrics.

He is nicknamed "Killa Cam," but he's known more for his flamboyance -- for dripping in diamonds and wearing the color pink -- than for beefs with other rappers.

Yet early yesterday morning, his art became life.

Giles, driving his royal blue 2006 Lamborghini and wearing what a friend later described as $200,000 worth of diamonds and other jewelry, was shot in both arms after stopping at a red light on New York Avenue NW, police said.

"I got shot three times and my album comes out Nov. 22," Giles said as he left Howard University Hospital yesterday afternoon with an entourage of friends, fellow rappers and bodyguards. "We love Howard."

The group was with him at the hospital, but minutes before his release, members were finger-pointing and yelling at one another for not being with him at that red light when he needed them most.

Just after midnight, Giles, a platinum-selling artist, left H20, the nightclub on Water Street SW where hip-hop entrepreneur Diddy played host to a throng of celebrities including Venus Williams, hip-hop stars and Howard students and alumni for the Annual Homecoming Blockfest, according to his publicist.

Giles likes to hang by himself or go out with only one or two friends, unencumbered by bodyguards. But he had security at H20. So much, in fact, that owner Abdul Khanu said that although Giles was welcome, his entourage was not.

"The problem was he had so many people who were not dressed properly," Khanu said. "We have a fashionable dress code. He understood. He was cool with it. There was no way for him to vouch for 30 people."

Giles drove away in his Lamborghini with another person in the car. His entourage followed. But the convoy got hung up at a light and lost Giles, said his manager, Joseph "Big Joe" Sherman.

At 12:17 a.m., Giles stopped at a light at New York and New Jersey avenues, according to the D.C. police.

Two men in a burgundy Ford Expedition sport-utility vehicle pulled alongside. Police said one man got out of the SUV, armed with a gun.

Sherman said the man tried to take the Lamborghini but Giles cursed at him and sped away. That's when the man fired the gun and shot Giles in both arms, police said.

"It was a botched carjacking," Sherman said.

Police are investigating and would not characterize the motive for the shooting.

A protective services officer pursued the two men in the SUV, said Sgt. Joe Gentile, a D.C. police spokesman. The SUV hit a parked car and a house in the 600 block of U Street NW. The men abandoned the SUV and escaped.

Lynn Hobson, publicist for Giles and his Diplomat Records label, said police had recovered one of the suspect's cell phones. Gentile would not comment on potential evidence.

Yesterday afternoon, Giles was unmoved as he walked out of the hospital to the waiting TV cameras and the brightly colored vans that had "Duke Da God" and "The Diplomats" written on the sides.

"It was a sloppy job on their part. They didn't get anything," he said. "I still got my car and my jewelry." Giles fingered the rows of shiny chains on his neck.

Standing nearby, rapper and Giles protege Juelz Santana linked the incident to the popularity of Cam'ron and the Diplomats. "It is a movement," he said. "That's why . . . this happens. A lot of people love us, but then a lot of people hate us."

Giles has been in a fairly public feud with rapper Jay-Z, who next week plans to give an "I Declare War" concert aimed primarily at Giles. But the two artists are known to keep their animosity to their music. Giles also recently filed a federal lawsuit against another artist over a songwriting credit.

One friend wondered whether Giles's 2002 movie, "Paid in Full" -- in which his character, based on the legendary Harlem drug dealer Alpo, says he would rat out anyone in D.C. but would never tell on anyone in New York -- had alienated him here.

As Giles pulled away from the hospital in one of the vans, he said, "I didn't really get [a] homecoming."

Giles's forthcoming album is called "Killa Season."
    ?? 2005 The Washington Post Company

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    OK now continue on with your "why white people that aren't you are so racist" rants

what the fuck?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

what the fuck?

this wasn't directed at you. Read back through this thread and you'll see what I'm talking about