what wakes you up in the morning?

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
for moi, it's my alarm clock blasting KDAY. a few snooze sessions later, i'm listening to "bop gun" or "going back to cali" to start my day. but i grow weary. i'm getting sick of waking up to the radio - especially cuz i can't find a decent station in LA to awake to. the idea of waking up to a cd playing the same song every morning seems even more aggravating, a la ...can you guess what movie the above image is from? so what wakes you up?

Comments

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    ground hog's day?

My internal clock wakes my ass up, never ever late.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    strong ass coffee wakes me up every morning.

the pic is from Groundhog's Day, right?

• strong ass coffee wakes me up every morning.

the pic is from Groundhog's Day, right?

three's a charm
    groudhogday
    and my job wakes me up

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    ground hog's day

that's it. i'm well impressed

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

so what wakes you up?

kingmosts kisses

• my wife does. and bless her heart 'cause I am not a morning person.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes "Wake Up Everybody"

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    strong ass coffee wakes me up every morning.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I almost always wake up one minute before my alarm. So focused.

or the damn cats wake me up two minutes before that.

I like it when wifey wakes me up, but she's not usually up before me.

• my 22 lb cat patting me on the head to feed him...fucker. Dude just sits there and pats me on the head...fucker. always about 5AM...fucker.

But if it is a good day, ie I am waking up at my girl's house, it is the coffee grinder waking me up.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    my 22 lb cat

is your cat the bully of the block? does it steal other kitties' milk money ? please to post pic.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    on a bad day, the fuckers upstairs singing at top volume to tiny dancer, which is also at top volume.

on an OK day, the unrelenting smell of pot roast from the next door neighbours.

on a typical day, the cats knocking shit over to get us up and get them fed and/or the alarm clock.

on a good day, my natural internal clock.

on a wonderful day, you know what.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    I had to switch to BEEP BEEP BEEP alarm....
    I just kept on dreaming to the oldies station, and even the pop stations don't get me up

• Some times if i really need to be somewhere i stick my cellphone across the room so when that bitch goes off i have to get up.

• yeah I have to set up two alarms sometimes. one next to my bed, one across the room. i'm pretty much useless until i've had coffee.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    my son.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    Son, huh?
    Perhaps I should get me one of those.

My internal clock wakes my ass up, but my slacking ass is still late every single day[/b]

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    My [email]MOTHERF@#$@%&G[/email] CAT!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I wake up to a regular alarm clock set to Tom Joyner. This week though, instead of sitting at the computer first thing I've been stretching and doing 3 sets of push-ups, dumbell curls and/or sit-ups, with Sportscenter and the news on in the background. By then it's time to hit shower, and I've already got my blood going. Makes for a productive pre-work morning.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I got an east facing window so I wake up with the sun.

then I sit in bed and complain to myself about how bright the sun is for about 35 minutes

during that time I squint at the TV and watch Sportcenter and Fox News with an occasional sprinkling of the MTV jams channel.

than I get dressed and make breakfast (except today...damn you Yom Kippur)

than I drive into work in about 90 minutes of traffic

then I fall asleep in the parking garage for 30 minutes

and I go to my cubicle and wipe crust out my eyes

I wish I had a 22 lb cat just so i'd have someone who can chaffeur me into work in the morning

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    a car with a clown horn at 9:15 everyday, loud neighbors and employees from across the street washing their "rides" at their job when it's closed on saturdays....

• head

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

so what wakes you up?

I'm still playing the role of Pharaoh.

Awakening.

head

I wake up to a regular alarm clock set to Tom Joyner. This week though, instead of sitting at the computer first thing I've been stretching and doing 3 sets of push-ups, dumbell curls and/or sit-ups, with Sportscenter and the news on in the background. By then it's time to hit shower, and I've already got my blood going. Makes for a productive pre-work morning.

yeah I went through that phase too.

my two alarm clock/alarm clock across the room hedz know the deal.

• head

I thought the "bear discussion" was just between me and you

sorry. My bad.

• guilt

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    pee