have you ever had a real world stalker

CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
When I first started dating my girlfriend she told me about this wierd guy who was always trying to follow her around campus. He was nuts but seemed harmless one day he followed her into the waiting room at student heath and she told him she would kick his ass if he didnt leave. He left. He wasn't really a devoted stalker. All this stalker talk got me wondering why the fuck people do that type of shit.

Comments

• Real

• Real

thanks

• I'm beginning to think that every girl in the USA has had a stalker at one point in their life. My wife had one when she was a college radio DJ, and I know at least two other girls who have had them as well. Come to think of it, one of them was a college radio DJ too.

So I guess the moral is

GIRLS: BE SAFE! GET OFF COLLEGE RADIO!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

GIRLS: BE SAFE! GET OFF COLLEGE PIRATE RADIO!

• It might be more appropriate in that case to ask who on this board has BEEN a stalker.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    College Radio, too funny.

I had this girl that always used to call into my show. Being all flirtatious and whatnot.

She knew who I was and tracked me down one late night at a bar.

I ended up banging her.

I kept making excuses to hang out. Then one day she was just standing at the radio station after my show was over. I ended up going to her house where she proceeded to tell me....

"I just want you to hold me".....

You can imagine my discomfort/regret for even hitting it in the first place.

She proceeded to call me constantly for two months. Show up where I was and etc...
    I finally had to be mean to her for her to leave me alone.

Does that count as being stalked?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    No, that counts as you being an insensitive dick. Give a sister some snuggles, .

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I was at a party my freshman year of college and this girl comes up to me and says, "You're I**n right? I've been watching you." Then she just starts making out with me in the middle of the hallway. I go with it because, well, I was a freshman and she was pretty hot. A 'bit' later we start chatting it up and she basically knew everything about me. Apparently it wasn't just a line, she really was watching me! That's when the red flags were raised and I started thinking Abort! Abort!.

DJ Ferrari

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yes. Almost 10 years ago and it was this weird on-going thing that lasted for two years and was never concrete enough to handle legally.

He lived in the same neighbourhood as me and whenever we saw each other, he'd follow me for blocks and also try to have conversations. I had made it really clear by calmly telling him over and over to not approach or follow me or try to talk with me, that I did not want to be his friend or even acquaintance.

At a show one time, I saw him and my girlfriends knew about him already and so they created this barrier at the table we were sitting at and he fucking pushed his way through them and start talking to me about nonsense (where you from, what's your name, you look like you might be from __________ or __________ or __________, do you want to go for coffee, blah blah blah). I saw him at the Museum once and I was with my parents and the fucker came up to us and started talking his usual nonsense. My parents caught on right away and we walked away.

It all came to a head when I saw him at an art show and I lost it (in front of my then new roommate who must have thought I was a fucking freak)and yelled at him and told him fuck off and leave me alone or else I'd get my friends to kick his ass. It was not a proud moment for me, but I was at the end of my rope.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    and then???

• Yes. Almost 10 years ago and it was this weerd on-going thing that lasted for two years and was never concrete enough to handle legally.

He lived in the same neighbourhood as me and whenever we saw each other, he'd follow me for blocks and also try to have conversations. I had made it really clear by calmly telling him over and over to not approach or follow me or try to talk with me, that I did not want to be his friend or even acquaintance.

At a show one time, I saw him and my girlfriends knew about him already and so they created this barrier at the table we were sitting at and he fucking pushed his way through them and start talking to me about nonsense (where you from, what's your name, you look like you might be from __________ or __________ or __________, do you want to go for coffee, blah blah blah). I saw him at the Museum once and I was with my parents and the fucker came up to us and started talking his usual nonsense. My parents caught on right away and we walked away.

It all came to a head when I saw him at an art show and I lost it (in front of my then new roommate who must have thought I was a fucking freak)and yelled at him and told him fuck off and leave me alone or else I'd get my friends to kick his ass. It was not a proud moment for me, but I was at the end of my rope.

was this guy following you to all these places? if not, maybe there was a connection.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    He was kinda speechless (as was my roommate who was standing right there when it happened, I will never forget the look on her face) and it really put him on the spot because it was a bit of a "scene". I guess I should have done it a long time ago. He told me off - how I was cold and a snob and unfriendly and a bitch and then never came up to me again, but glared at me everytime we saw eachother after that. We still see each other around town.

Yea, it could have been coincidence, and it probably was, but the fact that he kept on once we saw each other was not cool at all. And why keep persisting after he had been told over and over to stay away?

• was driving to work one day and saw my girl's ex in his car approaching the intersection and he flagged me on so i went thru. he followed and then stopped in the middle of the block to ask some random dude a question. i made a quick u-turn came back and stopped the same dude and asked him what the other dude said and he said he asked him for directions to a street ..... MY STREET. needless to say a confrontation was necessary right then and there ....

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    cause he's a creep.

good story...

• I get stalked by a few guys. They always show up at the flea markets and the thrift stores and claim they're looking for records. I'm on to them though.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    was driving to work one day and saw my girl's ex in his car approaching the intersection and he flagged me on so i went thru. he followed and then stopped in the middle of the block to ask some random dude a question. i made a quick u-turn came back and stopped the same dude and asked him what the other dude said and he said he asked him for directions to a street ..... MY STREET. needless to say a confrontation was necessary right then and there ....

so what happened?

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Stalkers minds as a general rule, operate on the sense of wanting what you can't have (they know this, because we tell them to fuck off).

Wanting what we can't have is kind of one of the basic intentions that make us human, but we sensibly choose to apply it more to records than people.

If a record told you, 'You are never gonna catch this heat, no matter how much you beg!!', will you want it more?

Unfortunately, the people who apply this to other people, are the people who are sadly taking it too far and need a good beating for their stalkings.

Stalkers (the ones who can make us think they are lonely or sad) are sadly a bit too weird in the head... And I'll be damned if I'm being nice to lonely sad people!!! .... man they can get on your LAST nerve!!

Nobody likes a stalker.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Nobody likes a stalker.

Let this be a lesson to you, kids.

• ........I ended up banging her.

mmmhhh This board is populated by

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah I've had several real life stalkers, in fact I have one right now. It's really not cool at all.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i am an internet stalker

• when i was in highschool, we did musicals with our sister school (because no-one wants to see an all sausage musical) and i was lightning/sound manager in grade 11. Needless to say the crew that i had working under me were mostly a bit

So there was this one chick, who everyone hated openly to her face. She was about 6'6 and built like a brick shithouse (State hockey champion). I felt really sorry for her so i made an effort to ask her to sit with me on breaks, talk to her etc.

So musical wraps- and the phone calls in the middle of the night to my home phone start. "hi its BLANK is Nick there" to my parents at like 2 in the morning. "oh hi nick just wanted to see what you were doing"

ummmm sleeping?

So i decided to let her know that i wasn't interested in her like that and she needed to stop persuing me. I thought it would be kinder to do it by email, so she wouldn't have to get upset in front of anyone. So she turns up at my usual bus stop, after getting the email, and threatens my brother with a hockey stick. Rants to everyone there that i "used her" and "led her on" and she was "going to fucking kill me"

So i had to change where i hung out, how i got home etc becuase she was everywhere i used to be (and like 10' taller than me, and ANGRY)

eventually she moved to the other side of the country, haven't heard from her since.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    So she turns up at my usual bus stop, after getting the email, and threatens my brother with a hockey stick. Rants to everyone there that i "used her" and "led her on" and she was "going to fucking kill me"

You hit it, didn't you.

• was driving to work one day and saw my girl's ex in his car approaching the intersection and he flagged me on so i went thru. he followed and then stopped in the middle of the block to ask some random dude a question. i made a quick u-turn came back and stopped the same dude and asked him what the other dude said and he said he asked him for directions to a street ..... MY STREET. needless to say a confrontation was necessary right then and there ....

so what happened?
    its kinda involved but to make a long story short heated argument on a street corner and we went our seperate ways. i had a cast on my left arm and dude was too much of a bitch to even take advantage of it.

• So she turns up at my usual bus stop, after getting the email, and threatens my brother with a hockey stick. Rants to everyone there that i "used her" and "led her on" and she was "going to fucking kill me"

You hit it, didn't you.

i ACTUALLY shuddered when i read that

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I've had two stalkers. Both were fairly benign and, on the whole, I find it flattering, but there is clearly a point at which the creepiness becomes too much and things have be ended decisively.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    During my sophomore year in college I noticed a girl that gave me instant goosebumps but offcourse I didn't have the balls to really approach her, so I ended up stalking her (not in a ... errrr ... bad way). Not a single soul shares my enthusiasm about the looks of this girl, but bruva, does she look weird & good at the same time. Simply googling her name had me bumping into photos and personal information. So I did the stalking thing hoping she would 'accidentally' meet me again, this would lead to more and so on. Needless to say I failed miserably at this, I even ended up talking to her on the phone twice, but this was far from a real conversation. Surprisingly, last year, one drunken night with friends ended at her house she shared with three other people, she sure looked scared seeing me in her home, so I left it at that. Her friend told me later she had one short relation ever since and is single again. And offcourse she thinks I'm plain weirdo.

So what was discussed earlier is true, you want what you can't get & gain more confidence chatting up to someone with whom you don't feel nervous. But as far as I'm concerned this ain't the real thing, I need them goosebumps to know I'm with the right girl.

• During my sophomore year in college I noticed a girl that gave me instant goosebumps but offcourse I didn't have the balls to really approach her, so I ended up stalking her (not in a ... errrr ... bad way). Not a single soul shares my enthusiasm about the looks of this girl, but bruva, does she look weird & good at the same time. Simply googling her name had me bumping into photos and personal information. So I did the stalking thing hoping she would 'accidentally' meet me again, this would lead to more and so on. Needless to say I failed miserably at this, I even ended up talking to her on the phone twice, but this was far from a real conversation. Surprisingly, last year, one drunken night with friends ended at her house she shared with three other people, she sure looked scared seeing me in her home, so I left it at that. Her friend told me later she had one short relation ever since and is single again. And offcourse she thinks I'm plain weirdo.

So what was discussed earlier is true, you want what you can't get & gain more confidence chatting up to someone with whom you don't feel nervous. But as far as I'm concerned this ain't the real thing, I need them goosebumps to know I'm with the right girl.

I think thats what this greamlin is for.

• Those goosebumps are just from their tazer...