Almost injured or killed (RR)

sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
When i was small i was playing with a friend near this house and one lil dude from the 4th floor took a record and threw it at us, using it like a frisbee. It was really fast and missed my head and my friends neck just centimeters. The record just crashed into pieces and dude had a laugh. We didnt understand what just happened and i stil get shivers when i think about it. also everytime i see De La's '"Me, myself, and Eye" Video, where dude has the record in his kangol hat.... Anyone else got some dangerous record stories? Not talking about carrying too much or ending up in the wrong neighbourhood for records...or, why not, too? Go on, Strutters!!

Comments

• When i was small i was playing with a friend near this house and one lil dude from the 4th floor took a record and threw it at us, using it like a frisbee. It was really fast and missed my head and my friends neck just centimeters. The record just crashed into pieces and dude had a laugh. We didnt understand what just happened and i stil get shivers when i think about it. also everytime i see De La's '"Me, myself, and Eye" Video, where dude has the record in his kangol hat....

Anyone else got some dangerous record stories? Not talking about carrying too much or ending up in the wrong neighbourhood for records...or, why not, too? Go on, Strutters!!

What exactly do you think records are made of????

• I think I posted this before but I saw the Mountain Brothers open up for tribe and someone threw their free record back at them it was like an inch from dude???s head. The whole crowd let out a simultaneous oh shit, but they just kept performing.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Black Gold!

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

My mom used to use records to keep the squirrels off the bird feeder.

It never worked.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    sorta similar, when i was in preschool, my friend and i were throwing toys at each other, really hard, from what i remember, but after i ran out of tonka trucks and x-wings, i slung an empty folgers can at little dood. unfortunately, it hit him in the head so hard that the open end stuck into his forehead like a crown. he spent the night in the emergency room, and i got sent home. needless to say, that was my last day there...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    When i was small i was playing with a friend near this house and one lil dude from the 4th floor took a record and threw it at us, using it like a frisbee. It was really fast and missed my head and my friends neck just centimeters. The record just crashed into pieces and dude had a laugh. We didnt understand what just happened and i stil get shivers when i think about it. also everytime i see De La's '"Me, myself, and Eye" Video, where dude has the record in his kangol hat....

Anyone else got some dangerous record stories? Not talking about carrying too much or ending up in the wrong neighbourhood for records...or, why not, too? Go on, Strutters!!

Titanium that contains tiny jet engines invisible to the naked eye?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    When i was small i was playing with a friend near this house and one lil dude from the 4th floor took a record and threw it at us, using it like a frisbee. It was really fast and missed my head and my friends neck just centimeters. The record just crashed into pieces and dude had a laugh. We didnt understand what just happened and i stil get shivers when i think about it. also everytime i see De La's '"Me, myself, and Eye" Video, where dude has the record in his kangol hat....

Titanium that contains tiny jet engines invisible to the naked eye?

I miss archaic

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I did a similarly stupid thing with the lid of a tin can when I was little. I threw it like a frisbee at my sister, and luckily it only landed on her foot.

Unfortunately the lid sliced her foot open and the gash required a bunch of stitches. I feel like shit about it to this day, even though the scar is long gone.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I did a similarly stupid thing with the lid of a tin can when I was little. I threw it like a frisbee at my sister, and luckily it only landed on her foot.

Unfortunately the lid sliced her foot open and the gash required a bunch of stitches. I feel like shit about it to this day, even though the scar is long gone.
    mark, that's because you're a bad person.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

i was wasted at a party in college and was chilling in the front yard. there were some crap ass records sitting out to be thrown away, and at one point i was going drunk ass wild and picked one up and bit a chunk of a record. i think it was a skated brubeck record. although i was neither injured nor almost killed from the action. i probably had a hangover the next day though. does that count?

yep, that counts! Can be dangerous to eat records in front of parties. I also once had this record in a store where there was a break on the first song and somebody did bite in there...bite the break, damn!!!

• I once cut my cuticle up big time opening a sealed jernt...ouchy

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I love/hate the scene in Jarmusch's Down by Law when Ellen Barkin throws Tom Waits' records out the window. And then his shoes! His shoes!

• i was wasted at a party in college and was chilling in the front yard. there were some crap ass records sitting out to be thrown away, and at one point i was going drunk ass wild and picked one up and bit a chunk of a record. i think it was a skated brubeck record. although i was neither injured nor almost killed from the action. i probably had a hangover the next day though. does that count?

eating records actually used to be a frat house fad in the 50s and 60s.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

i was wasted at a party in college and was chilling in the front yard. there were some crap ass records sitting out to be thrown away, and at one point i was going drunk ass wild and picked one up and bit a chunk of a record. i think it was a skated brubeck record. although i was neither injured nor almost killed from the action. i probably had a hangover the next day though. does that count?

huh, didn't know that.

my dad knew a girl in college (in the 60s) who, when drunk, could bend way over and pee over a car.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    I once cut my cuticle up big time opening a sealed jernt...ouchy
    ouch. ive done this many times. hurts very bad. thick cardboard paper cuts=

Burning records actually used to be a mean to survive
    the winter and the war while having an embargo
    in sarajevo from 92-95. That's why you won't find
    too much records in this city

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    NRR.I've been hit in both eyes by "my" own pair of shoes when they were flung in my direction by a "friend" when i was a young yute.I couldn't see for a couple of minutes, i thought was blind i couldn't open my eyes, the pain was intense.
    PS:I can see where someone could have fun with what i just said.