is my old 12 inch worth this much?

legendlegend 124 Posts
edited January 2016 in Record Collecting
is my old 12 inch worth this much? i need to know..... i did a popsike search...and my old 12 inch came up. khaos and dba 12 inch on popsike sombody let me know please...i mean plaese (i forgot my soulstrut-ease)

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    if you like 1992 hiphop this is for you

awesome!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    looks dope
    hope you've got some stocked away

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    looks dope
    hope you've got some stocked away

i don't have many left...but my man has some...if he's still "free" if u know what i mean. i'll definitely find out.

• I would like to hear it! looks interesting. Is there any soundclips available anywhere?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    which one in the picture is you?

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    which one in the picture is you?

• Definitely , if I ever run into you in Baltimore again I'll tell you so in person

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    how come you never told me about that record? I would love to get a copy! Is it good music? Post a clip, please please please!

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    I would like to hear it! looks interesting. Is there any soundclips available anywhere?

i'll put some up later this evening. i'm pissed...because i didn't think my old stuff was worth anything....but i know people may not have the other record i did back then...a group called B.L.A.K. SWING (Bruthas Living Among Konfusion)....i got some of those...and know who has a ton of them. and i sold them joints for mad cheap...SEVEN DOLLARS a piece....off my website...damn!
    khaos and dba off my website

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    how come you never told me about that record? I would love to get a copy! Is it good music? Post a clip, please please please!

i didn't think it was worth anything. it didn't move at all when it was out......got a few spins in nyc and down here in b-more...but sat in the stores...and not many stores at that. not much distribution.

i threw alot of them away. my man has some though..if i can catch up to him. i got a few...i'm definitely checking for more when i get to the crib

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Welcome to the random rap history books, my brotha! Amazing how years later people discover this stuff and suddenly it's a big deal when back in the days nobody gave a rat's ass, isn't it? That's dope though, mane. Were you rhyming on this or doing the music / scratches? I didn't even know this was part of your history, dog. And what's up with the Bronx connection, was your man from the BX or is that where you're from originally? Real headz want to know the deal.

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    Welcome to the random rap history books, my brotha! Amazing how years later people discover this stuff and suddenly it's a big deal when back in the days nobody gave a rat's ass, isn't it? That's dope though, mane. Were you rhyming on this or doing the music / scratches? I didn't even know this was part of your history, dog. And what's up with the Bronx connection, was your man from the BX or is that where you're from originally? Real headz want to know the deal.

i did the beats and the cuts...i was the producer and dj. the main cuts on there were ANALYZE THE STYLE pts 1 and 2... and FUNKY SENSATIONS! Analyze the style features mc's Krash Nice, Khaos, Baby K.O.D.A.D., Bamboo, Amp from the Circle of Native Vibes (who I also used to produce.)

my man omar (khaos) was from the bronx...then moved down here to b-more...then moved back to nyc when we were trying to get a record deal (after high school).

we kept getting close to getting a record deal...i used to go to nyc about 3 times a week back in the day...go to work...get off about 3pm...get on the train about 4:30 or so.....get to nyc about 8:30/9pm ish...record....get back on a train about 2 or 3 in the morning....get home in time to go back to the day job (same day job i'm still at by the way).

anyway...we were very close to getting a deal with Stepsun (old bomb squad dude ran it...distribution through tommy boy at the time...)...but as we were promoting the independant release..we had a show in two cities in the same weekend..one in Florida and one in Philly (i forget the club name...hip hop/reggae club though from what i understand). So we split the crews up (khoas and dba, and blak swing)...khaos went to florida....and i went to philly to do a radio interview at drexel and the show. shows were done.

my man was a little on the crazy side...and he got caught up with a murder charge in florida. that ENDED all deals with Stepson...record never got promoted correctly..hence.....no sales. Stepson didn't even want to mess with the ep...they wanted the stuff we had done after the ep...which was way better. and he was found not guilty of the murder...but i won't get into all the particulars.

anyway..the story with the label is this...our lawyer (Stanley Fidel...i think he's passed away now)....was shopping our material for us..and he saw how the labels were on it...but not signing us. he saw this repeatedly...and he said fug it...and started the label for us....STAY TUNED records...in the bronx.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Does this record have any relation to the group D.B.A. on Pride Records outta Jersey?
    Thanks and peace
    T.N.

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    Does this record have any relation to the group D.B.A. on Pride Records outta Jersey?
    Thanks and peace
    T.N.

no relation at all.

DamnDamnDAMN! Thanks mang. I thought I had something, I still know zero about this group D.B.A. (NoThreadHijack).
    Peace
    T.N.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

i didn't think it was worth anything. it didn't move at all when it was out......got a few spins in nyc and down here in b-more...but sat in the stores...and not many stores at that. not much distribution.

i threw alot of them away. my man has some though..if i can catch up to him. i got a few...i'm definitely checking for more when i get to the crib

sounds like the story behind almost every rare soul/funk/disco/rap record...

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    This is dope: I love to hear these stories and personal histories. I wish you guys could catch some of the loot that the old records sell for these days...

Seriously, I'd love to hear some of the cuts you recorded. Finding that record over here in London is probably not going to happen for a minute (and I can't afford the loot that it sells for on eBay!), but I'm really interested in having a listen.

I know making MP3s and uploading is a bitch, but I'd definitely appreciate it!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I think tony dofat selling it had the anthony person effect......

but yeah man, find some copies and go get yours on ebay. Would be nice to see you make something back for the amount of work you put in back then.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    tony dofat/S>

different tony d.
    http://www.soulstrut.com/img/scans/2005/tonyd.jpg" alt="" />

• honey glazed skins[/b]

tony dofat/S>

different tony d.

truly the anthonypearson of this schitt

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    tony dofat/S>

different tony d.

truly the anthonypearson of this schitt

oopseys

• legendlegend 124 Posts

i don't know how to record mp3's...i just record into the sound recorder on my computer...wav files. 60 seconds...so here are some clips..not the complete songs though

Analyze the Style pt 2

funky sensations bonus

Dope Beats Interlude

analyze the style pt 1

More funky sensations plaese.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Baby K.O.D.A.D.

WINNER

shit sounds dope legend

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    I would like to hear it! looks interesting. Is there any soundclips available anywhere?

i'll put some up later this evening. i'm pissed...because i didn't think my old stuff was worth anything....but i know people may not have the other record i did back then...a group called B.L.A.K. SWING (Bruthas Living Among Konfusion)....i got some of those...and know who has a ton of them. and i sold them joints for mad cheap...SEVEN DOLLARS a piece....off my website...damn!
    khaos and dba off my website

website in japan with the 12 inch

can anybody translate this for a brutha? at the bottom..number 48

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    thanks....just hope i can get in contact with O

google translation:

This how it is not and last week the old レコ house of a certain all genre (just my good place known to few people of Nagoya) with without knowing at all, the audition doing, however you bought for the thing * & * 800 Yen which you buy when you try hearing in detail in the buyer as for & * how market rate 40000 Yen! The feeling where < did your own study insufficiency vexatiously simultaneously with the る and calls > & - ^. NY underground middle of 1991 year sale. A certain ジャジー you bet on upper news item well this time and the negotiating lap * & * マジ of voice type it is highest. It is the EP board of 6 tune entering. Someone knowing details, as for the る person please teach by all means.

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    google translation:

This how it is not and last week the old レコ house of a certain all genre (just my good place known to few people of Nagoya) with without knowing at all, the audition doing, however you bought for the thing * & * 800 Yen which you buy when you try hearing in detail in the buyer as for & * how market rate 40000 Yen! The feeling where < did your own study insufficiency vexatiously simultaneously with the る and calls > & - ^. NY underground middle of 1991 year sale. A certain ジャジー you bet on upper news item well this time and the negotiating lap * & * マジ of voice type it is highest. It is the EP board of 6 tune entering. Someone knowing details, as for the る person please teach by all means.

thanks

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    ill shit! that dope beats interlude is