Funny Biz Markie stories and appreciation thread!

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    How long till biz starts posting on soulstrut?

THat would be the illest thing ever.

Will never happen. Last I heard he has never been on the internet.

man, thats so cool. Almost better that way.

• This is the best thread ive ever seen on soulstrut.

Thes, you gotta post those convo's up homey.

• How long till biz starts posting on soulstrut?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    How long till biz starts posting on soulstrut?

Will never happen. Last I heard he has never been on the internet.

man, thats so cool. Almost better that way.

Not that hard to believe. If I had a 2nd house for records and people were flying me all over to the best gigs so someone could supply me DJ equipment while I scarff a tub of McNuggets, I wouldn't be on the internet either.

Biz Markie defines Real World Moves!!!

• This is the best thread ive ever seen on soulstrut.

Thes, you gotta post those convo's up homey.

• OK. preface this by saying I hope Biz does not get mad about this, but it's done as a tribute, and I should say that Biz telling me he loved me album was just about one of the most defining moments of my life, second only to him beatboxing S.F. Knights.

Now, I picked a little section of a conversation I had with him because I think it is most relevant to soulstrut nerdery:
    1) It involves "plaese to ID this track for me"
    2) The infamous Mardi Gras 12"
    3) The SUITCASE.

Enjoy. I'll be back in a few hours (taking moms out to dinner).

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=34FLMXLTWB95H2EZDSD9PZHUKP

May Biz Mark live forever. Greatest of all time.

• I forgot,

this was recorded 6 years ago..

Oh and If he sounds distracted, he was getting new tires put on his whip while we had this convo.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    OK. preface this by saying I hope Biz does not get mad about this, but it's done as a tribute, and I should say that Biz telling me he loved me album was just about one of the most defining moments of my life, second only to him beatboxing S.F. Knights.

Now, I picked a little section of a conversation I had with him because I think it is most relevant to soulstrut nerdery:
    1) It involves "plaese to ID this track for me"
    2) The infamous Mardi Gras 12"
    3) The SUITCASE.

Enjoy. I'll be back in a few hours (taking moms out to dinner).

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=34FLMXLTWB95H2EZDSD9PZHUKP

May Biz Mark live forever. Greatest of all time.

SNNNNAAAPP!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Thanks for posting this homay!

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    YO!!! i got that record biz is asking about. that's one of favorite secret joints. it's an anti drug record. full of actual convos of strung out kids talking to their parents. there's a song this father sings about his kid when he was younger, but now he's all fucked up on drugs called "my buddy" or something like that...dope as shit! that record is ill!! i'll post up a pic once 'olgirl gets home with the digital camera. i'll post an mp3 or two as well.

soulstrut is on and poppin!!

• HAAAA!! I can't believe you got that! You and Bam! We should track down a copy for Biz and send it to him after all these years...damn I'm late!

I forgot,
    this was recorded 6 years ago..
    Oh and If he sounds distracted, he was getting new tires put on his whip while we had this convo.

"mardi gra was a live record! dont nobody know that! If you listen to it, there somebody talking in the background!"

hahaha, thanks for posting this. I think the CTI suitcase shall forever represent the unatainable raer! It probably deserves a graemlin.

At this point, I dont even care if it actually exists either! The myth has become so much bigger than life!

• One other thing that Biz likes to do is describe records that he says he's looking for and doesn't know what it is, but really he does have the record and he's just testing you / playing games with you. I have no doubts that he has this record he's describing on the clip. Dude is too funny.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    yeah!! i'm about to go get some dinner. i'll get it all up tonite or tommorrow. this shit is too dope. thes you got the fresh ass mp3's. between these and the double k phone calls you got skits for days. i'm checking yall out when you come to san diego later this year.

• hahaha, thanks for posting this. I think the CTI suitcase shall forever represent the unatainable raer! It probably deserves a graemlin.

yes it does deserve one. this thread is so off the chain, i almost pissed myself several times.

• HAS ANYONE EVER HAD ANYTHING BIZ WANTED????????/

Every story ends with him saying "Nah, I got that."

p.s. I have hate in my heart for Biz keeping his hip hop shit to himself. Especially the Rakim, G-Rap, and Biz in a group together doing a high school talent show.

and the Melle Mel vs Krs latin quarters battle.

and all the shit I don't even know about.

AND I MADE A POST ABOUT TWO TO THREE YEARS AGO ASKING ABOUT THE TALKING IN THE BEGINNING OF MARDI GRAS. It's just like a radio broadcast of some guy doing the weather and saying it's a great day for the Mardi Gras.

oh yeah, i think i remember Dusty Kid telling me Biz played him the Mardi Gras record. If i remember right the bells were just really panned and low.

• YO!!! i got that record biz is asking about. that's one of favorite secret joints. it's an anti drug record. full of actual convos of strung out kids talking to their parents. there's a song this father sings about his kid when he was younger, but now he's all fucked up on drugs called "my buddy" or something like that...dope as shit! that record is ill!! i'll post up a pic once 'olgirl gets home with the digital camera. i'll post an mp3 or two as well.

Yo, cas... don't put up a pic of the record or the title of it, mane! Secret squirrel that schitt, hommie! SECRET SQUIRREL THAT SCHITT!

I'll PM you for the details later

• "oh what the hell?.. no you got the wrong..thing"

lmao! i bet you he was frustrating them mechanics

• chasechase 767 Posts
    didnt someone post a mp3 on the mardi w/o bells about a year or 2 ago? I had it saved but my hard drive has crashed since then...

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    didnt someone post a mp3 on the mardi w/o bells about a year or 2 ago? I had it saved but my hard drive has crashed since then...

Yea, the bells were still their just really low in the mix. Nothing like the mind garden version we've created.

And yes, that's just a radio in the back ground. The "radio static background" has been used on so many records I'm suprised Biz would think that it was live,,,,,,,but this may be another myth of a story.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

hehehe. DOPE!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

This whole thread is crazy gigglers.

• Dinner was
    But this thread is pumpin'. I hope the suitcase makes the graemlin cannon.

Who needs an MP3 of the track he's lookin for when you got Biz beatboxin' it and ending it with Fonky. Classic.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    i bet tony tripletrouble remmebers this too. Biz was djing a party at Vassar in Poughkeepsie in the cafeteria which was also where they had shows sometimes. on his rider he had "carton of milk" among other hospitality items and he was about an hour late to spin the party but he wouldn't get on until he got his carton of milk. so a student went over to the beverage station and got him two 22 oz glasses of whole milk and he drank them both down one after the other, then djed. i remember Ben BSK was shooting film of the show. i wonder if he still has a tape of that.

• How sick of a DJ is Biz?

How sick of a DJ is Biz?

I mean, in my experience your not gonna catch him rocking doubles or something, hes more likely to play the theme from cheers on 45 and sing along with it really loud. Then afterwards hold up the cheers theme 45, tell you how rare it is, and then show you how he has 4 of them.

still, i think hes pretty hilarious.