Floss the Signature Record in Your Collection

Comments

• Faust 1/300 bootleg on clear wax, with that banging BBC session of 'the lurcher'. My most prized, mainly due to the fact my bestest freind gave it to me in exchange for mixing down a little project.

I love a lot of my records, this one takes it.

• Thes,

If it's good you should put it out!

I don't even know who to ask for permission!

• Rhythmes Contemporains by J. Nilovic and Artur Verocai's S/T have gotta be my favorites. Ridiculously good music.

• 1 sided 4 song EP acetate with 1971 scratched on the run-out.
    unknown LA group recorded with a 1 mic in a room. Rawest beautiful conscious funk I own and guess what...only ONE pressed[/b]
    I found this acetate in Music Man Murrays in 1994 stuck inside a photo album in his bathroom. he says he thinks they were some "colored" cats who made this to try and get bookings. Also found a Chelan Acetate with an alternate mix of Roy Porters Jessica album that week tearing up Murrays. Grown folks digging right there kids.. don't try that on Ebay

Damn that looks pretty ish. Are you gonna re-release any of that goodness?

that's pretty ill looking. i'd love to hear what it sounds like. there aren't even any names or anything on there. i have a feeling you could get a lot of money for that from the right buyer. a few thousand maybe.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    1 sided 4 song EP acetate with 1971 scratched on the run-out.
    unknown LA group recorded with a 1 mic in a room. Rawest beautiful conscious funk I own and guess what...only ONE pressed

I found this acetate in Music Man Murrays in 1994 stuck inside a photo album in his bathroom. he says he thinks they were some "colored" cats who made this to try and get bookings. Also found a Chelan Acetate with an alternate mix of Roy Porters Jessica album that week tearing up Murrays. Grown folks digging right there kids.. don't try that on Ebay

Damn that looks pretty ish. Are you gonna re-release any of that goodness?

that's pretty ill looking. i'd love to hear what it sounds like. there aren't even any names or anything on there. i have a feeling you could get a lot of money for that from the right buyer. a few thousand maybe.

What? It's got Josh's name all over it!!!

You ever call the number that's listed on there? I wonder who'd pick up.

• Thes,

If it's good you should put it out!

I don't even know who to ask for permission!

You can make an escrow account when you release it, if someone comes forward with proof they wrote/recorded it you can show them you put money aside for them.

• In all seriousness, this would top my pyramid.

Those messages are for me from the writer and composer.

Funk Jam session.

• 2 other acetates I found that week in Murrays (I say week because I went in thier for 5 days straight 9-7pm turning the building inside out):
    acetate alternate Roy Porter:

Acetate alternate mix of raer psych masterpiece "Food" (this version has the break open)

That's my Murray Pyramid right there.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

Acetate alternate mix of raer psych masterpiece "Food" (this version has the break open)

paging ap's "bloodshitter"

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Hard to pick just one, probably my Milton Simons- jasis spontaneous improvisation lp. Or this 11 lp psych boxset where only 100 were pressed. Mine is number 37 which has been my lucky number since I was a kid. That number comes up almost daily in my life for whatever reason.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

dude you're blowing my mind right now

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

paging ap's "bloodshitter"

FUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUCK

• gonna have to go with this one, just cause it took me so long to get a copy (about 10 years)

Yo, son--you got the reissue!!!

fuck ! i thought bgp was some uk pressing or something.

Are you serious???

• I'm flattered.. I really should get back to making this beat I am working on with a bunch of non-raer samples. BUT - before I got approved for membership here there was that little identity theft (ThesUno) problem and some members were vocal about PUTS, my production and most importantly whether or not I can back up all the digging shit I talk. I honestly don't care if you like PUTS but as far as me collecting? c'mon man.. tip of ice here in terms of the raers but I know alot of cats (AP, Cool Chris, Josh and Spinna to name a few) who could ace me on thier worst day. Plus I love CTI so there Let's see some more ill sheet!

• I got this about 3 years ago, apperantly only 10 copies were made. It is a one-sided acetate, with the song you all know and love. Except the beat is different, not night and day different. I could be wrong, but the drums do not sound like they are sampled. Will post it up later if anyone's interested

• 2 other acetates I found that week in Murrays (I say week because I went in thier for 5 days straight 9-7pm turning the building inside out):
    acetate alternate Roy Porter:

What where you 14 years old or some shit when you found these?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm thinking we are going to need a "Floss your acetates" thread pretty soon

• I'm thinking we are going to need a "Floss your asscheeks" thread pretty soon

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I posted this one a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago when Soulstrut didn't have PMs, Appreciation Posts, and Avatars (to name a few things):

Apparently this guy is the Indonesian Bob Marley. Here's a clip, hopefully, a few faces will be melt.

http://thewaxcrusade.com/dar.wav

Go find this raer, I CHALLENGE YOU!!!!!! I love this tune because it makes me think what it would be like being in a theatre and watching some movie with this tune as the opening credits. Many of us were born in the wrong era.

Peace
    T.N.

• What where you 14 years old or some shit when you found these?

No I was 17 dude. I went there after I got out of high school for a while. Found it while working on the first album but back then I was more excited to be finding things like Gasmask. I would have been more excited that week had I found a Skull Snaps or a Weldon Irvine Nodlew joint. I didn't put any value in acetates and never sampled any of the three.

• Note the autograph actually matches the current owner.

This entire LP is amazing. Multiple tracks of heated up face decomposition.

• I'm flattered.. I really should get back to making this beat I am working on with a bunch of non-raer samples. BUT - before I got approved for membership here there was that little identity theft (ThesUno) problem and some members were vocal about PUTS, my production and most importantly whether or not I can back up all the digging shit I talk. I honestly don't care if you like PUTS but as far as me collecting? c'mon man.. tip of ice here in terms of the raers but I know alot of cats (AP, Cool Chris, Josh and Spinna to name a few) who could ace me on thier worst day. Plus I love CTI so there Let's see some more ill sheet!

Thanks for mentioning this. It seems to me like when you appeared, all that shit talk nonsense just vanished. Which, of course, is a good thing, but not a good look for the site (in the sense that fools talk down on people they're not familiar with, only to act as if it never happened when those people end up in the same room).

Anyways, blah blah blah. What I'm really trying to say is that I respect you for joining us despite all the nonsense and BS that we - as a...*gulp*...family - may have said.

Herm

• Word. Like I said when I joined to be a part of the heatrocks, it's all forgotten. Talk is talk is talk. It's all whatever. If you put music out you gotta be able to take that. An dif someone has a legit beef or wants to call me on something, feel free. But I feel like this is a valuable site and I have something to contribute, so I'm proud to be here. The only person that knew me prior to that whole thing was the one talking the most shit and that's what REALLY counts. That's why he got a phone call. I didn't even want to bring it up but I didn't want anyone who talked any ish in that thread turning around and giving me props for having a record -
    From this point forward, I am not speaking no more on it. sall good. thanks herm.

• Options

...although it's likely a 45 whcih I'm currently too lazy to look for.

K.

• heres me flossing with my next major aquisition

Wow, you actually look like you're turning into a grown-up. I'm impressed.

• RAMP I guess was mine.

Now it's edub's.

As soon as I send it.

• I need 3 records on top of my pyramid. I don't have anything that's killer rare, or much of a history even, but there are music and memories that mean a lot to me.

The top one is sentimental. My first time to Detroit, a young Castillo had just turned 21, and saw Marcus Belgrave perform Space Oddyssey live, got some drink later on and listened to some killer funk 45s. It was a memorable experience for me. Aser was there, but he was a stranger at that point. Didn't get the chance to do any digging that weekend, but that's ok.

On my 2nd trip to Detroit, I find his record at the first store to really blow my mind. And there is something quite indescribable about Detroit. It is a very interesting place to me. On top of all this, Space Oddyssey is repeating in my mind. Anyhow, all 5 elements of this equation left me in a peaceful state for the entire trip home.

-------------------------

The bottom one is just simply my shit. It is the wormhole that brings me directly into my private mind garden. There are few things that I fiend to listen to as much as this, as strange as it may sound.

-------------------------

And then the middle one--the token acetate. Ramsey Lewis - Do What You Wanna. Being a Chicagoan having an unusual Cadet fetish, I must represent. This was Ramsey's funkiest 45, and is a solid, feel good tune, and quite an appropriate ambassador of Chicago and Cadet in my ears.

--------------------------

I would throw Food - Forever is a Dream into my tops as well, but I'm pretty much sonned by Thes's acetate. The group is from my backyard, and it is one of my favorite records to roam around IL to in my car. I've listened to it endless times on repeat.

• That's dope they put the horse on the reference labels!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Nice contribution, D!

This thread is far from over...so far from over...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Our family friends were in Baba Yaga back in the day...they (not the whole group) are now a two mom family raising two daughters.

this explains all the bebe k'roches.