Beatnut Appreciation Thread

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    "the canon im holdin aint a digital camera"

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    "lift a chick with my dick like i'm Hercules"

19 years old, living with this cat from Rochester, dude bought the album the day it came out and we bugged off that shit for months. Those were some crazy times and that record fit shit perfectly.

And That Ras sample? maaaan...un-fuck-with-able.

That Bas Blasta record they did is nice too. Minus dudes voice.

• And That Ras sample? maaaan...un-fuck-with-able.

• the sons was killin it too

TRUTH

I sold this record to Raystar on the ebay, before soulstrut

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    my mom threw out my intoxicated demons tape and i lived in a fairly liberal household.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Everything they have produced has been masterpieces except for the "Milk Me" & "Take it or squeeze it" albums see the connection
    The remix for PMD's - "Shade business" is that "real hip hop"

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I love those cats!!!! Deep in the crates and lyrically entertaining (not intricate in this regard). Juju is underrated lyrically though. I've enjoyed playing their original samples and have been impressed by their flippage.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Let's not forget, VIC...
    "Beats I got plenty/ they come a dime a dozen/ I got more beats than Puerto Ricans got cousins"

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    "bangin' in the background, is a funky break"

"Worlds Famous" is my all-time favorite beatnut jam. VIC telling diggers to get off his nuts is classic. is he still producing?

• probabaly my favorite hiphop group of all time.

One of the best backstage-at-a-hiphop-show memories for me was seeing Juju tell a kid who wanted to smoke him out "I dont party with dudes" as psycho les ran around with an elvis mask on tryign to coerce girls onto the tour bus.

• I really don't think those dudes fell off that much . Those dudes got a lot of good 12's

Git Doe
    Buying out the bar
    We Got The Funk
    Se Acabo
    Mayonaise
    It's Hot..

Just this past Friday I dropped that Masta Ace & Beatnuts joint "Oh My God". heat.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    I mean Jesus - they fricken put a Latino children's classic at the beginning of jazzberry Patch and made us all think it was a kid's record !!!!!!

not even funny.

lady in cement????!?!?!?!?!?!?! my favorite on there

the sons was killin it too
    what joint uses Lady In Cement?

• reskresk 391 Posts
    anybody who samples this record, that i was rockin back when i was a shawty gets props from me

as you can see my copy survived many childhood birthday parties (barely), the cover is in two pieces

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    BTW what the hell is Stone Crazy OG? Pm me if ya know..
    hey, i heard it was from the "A Sea for Yourself" OST, which is already high up on my want list

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

She wanted doggy style /so I humped her leg
    pissed on the carpet /shitted by the door
    psycho les is out /you don't wanna hear no more

• pissed on the carpet /shitted by the door
    psycho les is out /you don't wanna hear no more

forgot abou that! thats the best one. the delivery of the last two lines.

"you shouldve saw her trying to scratch the face of the villain"

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    "...I had to fuck up Fred, cause he caught fuckin' Wilma doggystyle in his bed, He caught me red-handed, the 'Nuts have landed, bustin' nuts in bitches guts and leavin' 'em stranded, In an abandoned house, watch out don't try to escape, got the shit on videotape...."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• oh those guys!!!!!

i'm listening to "rik's joint" right now....

• my mom threw out my intoxicated demons tape and i lived in a fairly liberal household.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    haha.. I remember seeing them on the news for reign of the tec, this was during like the big gangsta rap scare around that time.

I mean, their lyrics are obscene sure, but anyone should be able to see that they're harmless.

"World Famous" is still the best song about digging. Sorry thes. haha.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I remember reading an article back when Intoxicated Demons came out that said something to the effect of .....

"They are extremely gangster and disrespectful, there is a line that says "Ill shoot your moms if I have to" What does that prove? Nothing blah blah blahb labh......"

• Here are some pictures I took of them at the 2001 C.M.J. Music Festival Hip Hop Showcase at B.B. King's in new york.

• to this day, I still don't know the guitar sample for that white label "We Came Here aka HASS". It's the one w/ the Roxanne Shante hook.

little dudeness

• LICK THE P*SSY

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Has anyone here got that 'Fluid/Sandwiches/40oz' 12"?
    Rob at TSL had a great story about Relativity pressing up a big run of copies, with picture sleeves/finished artwork, and then they destroyed the lot (sample issues?) before anyone got their hands on them. Or so they thought.
    Some guy went into TSL with a copy he'd managed to find - and Rob was straight-up with the guy: "Do you know what you have here? This is a serious piece..."
    Needless to say, the guy decided to hang onto it.

A few months later, that bootleg appeared (rumoured to be pressed by the trio themselves) and everyone was talking about it.

I loved all their stuff up to (and including) 'Stone Crazy'. Since then, I kinda left their things alone. Having said that, there were two or three cuts on that 'Originators' album ('Yae Yo', 'Back 2 Back' and some other) that I thought were dope.

• i think the beatnuts might of had a run in with the sample police!

• to this day, I still don't know the guitar sample for that white label "We Came Here aka HASS". It's the one w/ the Roxanne Shante hook.

little dudeness

damn, never knew there was a 45 for this. anyone got one for me?

• "World Famous" is still the best song about digging. Sorry thes. haha.

I agree. I heard how they flipped that Matrix and was like huh? (There's no shame in third best, and I am still proud of "43 Labels I Like")

for those that don't know The Hassles is Billy Joels first outing. The beatnuts are raw like that. It's ill because I feel like, now this may be total speculation, that after the EP they went on tour throughout Europe and picked up records to make the LP: Serge Gains (France), Monty A Rass (Germany) etc.

Pure Speculation on my part..

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    lempo - thank you dude

thes - adding to that.......didn't they give a beat to julien (creators) in exchange for the Neuilly library lp w/ Andy Loore? I recall that rumour floating aboot.....

another dope ass VIC appearance is the posse track on the Kurious album. DOPE!

• Yo Thes, what about "The Dig" off of O.S.T.? "43 Labels I Like" is dope, but The Dig is that shit