Insomnia (Health Related)

Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
edited September 2005 in Announcements
I've been dealing with this for the past week. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to end this?

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

• Excercise and healthy eating. Really does a world of good.

Hmmm...I exercise 4 days out of the week but I do it in the morning. Maybe I should start hitting the gym at night, like I used to 3 years ago.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Take a couple of Fukitols with some sizzurp

• What is your schedule like? Do you have a full day's activity? Do you nap when you get home? Do you drink caffeine? Insomnia can have tons of causes ragning from what you eat to how youre doing inside. Something that works for me is mellatonin. It doesnt knock you out like a sleeping pill so sometimes it doesnt do the trick. Basically, I would lay off any stimulants and try to get in a lot physical work.

Hmmm...I exercise 4 days out of the week but I do it in the morning. Maybe I should start hitting the gym at night, like I used to 3 years ago.

It's better to exercise earlier. Exercise stimulates the body and aerobic activity before bedtime may make falling asleep more difficult. Don???t eat a large, heavy meal before bed, either.

It's better to exercise earlier. Exercise stimulates the body and aerobic activity before bedtime may make falling asleep more difficult. Don???t eat a large, heavy meal before bed, either.
    mucho gracias, mi amiga.

• I took some of this the other night before bedtime and was knocked the f--- out. I sure didn't cough.

"I got dat drank dat purple drank."

• someone gave me a book called cinema interval and its all post-colonial feminist theory which is pretty interesting but it puts me to sleep.

oh yeah, my last bout of insomnia i had cuz i worked the night shift and would switch to the day shift every other week. then i had me some of that stuff called sex and that worked like a charm.

• then i had me some of that stuff called sex and that worked like a charm.
    LOL. that shit works better than nyquil.

• I was really stuck a week ago....

Waking up at 5pm after staying up all night cuz I couldn't sleep.

Just stay occupied or try to push it far enough to stay up till the afternoon, after that you'll wake up at 7am

how could I forget??

The best recepie against insomnia is...

greenery

• I was really stuck a week ago....
    Waking up at 5pm after staying up all night cuz I couldn't sleep.
    Just stay occupied or try to push it far enough to stay up till the afternoon, after that you'll wake up at 7am

how could I forget??
    The best recepie against insomnia is...
    greenery

Unless your in Australia or something, you got insomnia pretty bad holmes.

• Thanks to all for the recommendations. But I can't blaze though...I get random piss tests... Drugs are bad, m'kay

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Take one or a combination of the following classes...

Abstract Algebra
    Discrete Mathematics
    Analysis

That shit will put you to sleep right away just like it does for me

For real though, I usually sleep 4-6 hours a night lately but I find that listening to classical music helps a lot. I personally like classical...but if you're not a fan but wanna try it to relax, I suggest Chopin Etudes or Nocturnes. Plus, you can usually get classical records for free.

• Word up. Lately, I've been having a nightcap to help me relax.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    just chain smoke before you got to sleep, it'll help you relax and go to sleep. works for me

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Try to read more Kanye West threads. They always put me to sleep just fine.

• I've been dealing with this for the past week. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to end this?

sorry to hear that... id recommended getting some sun... i know when i got back from a trip from overseas i was tore up for a week... you need to regulate your bodies circadian systems? something to that effect. like letting your body know its daytime, stay awake... its dark, now get the f*ck to sleep.

hope that helps.

-richard

• just chain smoke before you got to sleep, it'll help you relax and go to sleep. works for me
    I've been doing that too but MGD's work a whole let better.

• Try to read more Kanye West threads. They always put me to sleep just fine.
    I don't own a computer.

• I've been dealing with this for the past week. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to end this?

sorry to hear that... id recommended getting some sun... i know when i got back from a trip from overseas i was tore up for a week... you need to regulate your bodies circadian systems? something to that effect. like letting your body know its daytime, stay awake... its dark, now get the f*ck to sleep.

hope that helps.

-richard
    Thanks Rich. Actually, I'm starting to get back into the swing of things. Earlier this week and most of last week, I was looking like a fucking zombie. Looking all lost and shit. But I'm about 90% back. Hooray for me!

• shit i fucking hate insomnia. i haven't had it in a while (knock on wood). what i do sometimes is just say fuck it and try not to sleep at all for a few nights then i crash and usually breaks me out of it.

i don't recommend cigarettes though, they always make me sort of amped.

also co sign on having sex, or wacking the donkey whichever is convenient. although it doesn't always work. i don't think there is any cureall for insomnia. i guess you could get ambien or one of those drugs they are supposed to work pretty well.

• also co sign on having sex, or wacking the donkey whichever is convenient.

Thanks for the advice. I know a freak that lives one floor under me. I think I'm a run some game on her and get some butt dawg.

• This week I went from two cups of coffees a day to one.

I'm sleeping like an extra hour or two every night - and the dark lines under my eyes have disappeared.

I feel less jittery, but do feel a little less alert in the afternoons.

• This week I went from two cups of coffees a day to one.

I'm sleeping like an extra hour or two every night - and the dark lines under my eyes have disappeared.

I feel less jittery, but do feel a little less alert in the afternoons.

Yo, I've been drinking a lot less coffee myself. I used to drink 1 cup in the morning to get shit started but now it's more like 1 every other day. I guess a lack of attentiveness is the price to pay for a good nights rest...Speaking of which, I think another reason for my insomnia is that I sleep on a fucked up mattress. That shit is real soft. I wake up with these backaches and stiffness in the neck. Maybe I need to go see a masseuse...