weekly remix focus...

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
so it's my new goal to get off my ass and make a remix per week. it feels way more productive than just making and empty beat. what ch'yall think?http://s54.yousendit.com/d.php?id=3P3NGP999XICO30C1BOUUIM80K

Comments

• I like it. The relatively free bassline provides a nice contrast to te driving drum/guitar combo.

Looking forward to future installments.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    BTW... This is my remix of Organized Konfusion - "Bring it On"

• Good call man. I've been doing more remixes lately with scraps/partials of started-but-never-finished stuff.

Downloading the remix now. Back with thoughts.

• I've been working on a remix of MC Shy D's Shake It. Since I don't have an accapella I'm just taking the intro and then vocal phrases and then throwing some loops and huge drums in. It sounds admittedly fatboy slim-ish, but thats ok. its almost done. when its done i'll post it up to see if anybody likes it.

• Damn, the link isnt working for your remix Delay.. I wanna hear that joint..

I got a slew of remixes for you too do soon on a rack of MC tracks, Ill be hitting you up this week..

Check out my newest beat I did for an MC we are working with..

www.funkweapons.com/music/JAM4.mp3

take it easy on me, Im still learning this whole production thang..

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I guess the link has gone bad. yousendit does this after so many downloads. but seriously folks, if you downloaded it that much, the least you can do is give a mutherfucker feedback.

• I guess the link has gone bad. yousendit does this after so many downloads. but seriously folks, if you downloaded it that much, the least you can do is give a mutherfucker feedback.
    RE:UP?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I guess the link has gone bad. yousendit does this after so many downloads. but seriously folks, if you downloaded it that much, the least you can do is give a mutherfucker feedback.

seriously, we need to have this place be so you have to login to even look at the threads, lurkers fuck this shit up every fuckin time...fuckers.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    what was the remix of?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    BTW... This is my remix of Organized Konfusion - "Bring it On"

• BTW... This is my remix of Organized Konfusion - "Bring it On"

:rolleyes: I think Mozilla has problems with yousendit, coz the file is still there
    http://s54.yousendit.com/ysi/hda/3P3NGP999XICO30C1BOUUIM80K/bringiton_delay%20mix.mp3

I don't like the rap, but that's my problem. But the beats are pretty smoove. I've got one I might post but it needs a re-remix by someone who knows what they are doing.

• yeah i slept. please to repost mayne.

• yeah i slept. please to repost mayne.

its working for me, but since i have dialup its gonna take 20 minutes

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I don't like rap

• I don't like rap

Is this gonna turn into another "Illmatic is not the greatest LP of all time" debate ?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    I don't like music

• This thread sucks. It gets no stars.

Come on p_gunn I know you got remixes ready to go.

Do I have to post my own mp3s to make it entertaining??

Can someone re-post the Life's a Bitch acapella?

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Ooops, I was one of the people who downloaded the original mp3 and never got around to posting my opinion. Thanks to Daze's rant, I'll offer some belated feedback.

I really liked the bassline. It doesn't have to do much, because it sounds so nice. Thumps nicely. And the beat matches correctly with the lyrics -- I know that sounds like a really basic requirement, but I'm amazed at how many amateur remixers can't get the shit to match...that's the key right there.

(Aside: I evaluate almost all music in my car. My computer speakers are a joke; even the best song can sound wack when it's being played from 0.5" Dell tweeters. And I like playing things loud, so unless it's a Saturday afternoon, I don't want to annoy my neighbors. The combined visual & audio stimulation from driving & listening to music can't be beat, IMO.)

One suggestion I'd make is to vary the drums a little. Maybe some fills mid-verse, or an open hi-hat to break up all those closed 32nd hats.

Also, good idea to try a remix a week. Think about it, by Christmas you'll have 14 different remixes, and the best of those would make a nice little EP.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    This thread sucks. It gets no stars.

Come on p_gunn I know you got remixes ready to go.

Do I have to post my own mp3s to make it entertaining??

Can someone re-post the Life's a Bitch acapella?

i actually have never really done remixes, that Life's a bitch one was my first ever, but i agree with Delay, it's a good musical exercise, so this has inspired to try to tackle some more... perhaps after CMJ...

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts
    Nice job, dude.

I heart Substitute OST

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    sorry. didnt use that.

• Sounds good Delay. I'm down to join you in a weekly remix contract. You can be accountable to me and vice versa.. Just leave your seal in response and its on.

Here's a little quickie PE (Public Enemy?) blend. Forgive the sound quality and brevity, my comp wont let me upload files bigger than 2.0 mb.

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=13B7G9QDW3RAQ2FZA2G757CXTY

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    This week's addition...
    Uptown - "Dope on Plastic" (Delay Remix)
    http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0TOV2U4W33SLS142SB3V323P1B

• This week's addition...
    Uptown - "Dope on Plastic" (Delay Remix)
    http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0TOV2U4W33SLS142SB3V323P1B

Sounds real tight man. Those snares are crackling. The 13 year old in me wanted to hear you bust into an US3 groove at the end. Gimme the weekend and Ill have something semi correct by monday. I wont forget you...

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I like that delay....dope