Lacoste vs. Polo???

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited September 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
vs.

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Polo...just copped some Ralph Lauren linen pants for 9.95 at the outlet. such a good look

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    lacoste is IN, but polo is TIMELESS..just ask kanye

although as far as polo shirts go, I just copped a couple of these.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    LACOSTE

I got a navy blue lacoste shirt about 5 years ago and its still in tip top shape. I wear it all the time.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Polo all the way folls

• Lacoste has some real nice colors. That said, for twice the price, it's not phenominally better quality, stains real easily, and sorry but that aligator is not fucking with

CLASSY.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    It's a hard call for me. Growing up kids didnt/couldn't afford Lacoste. Only one cat in my hood sported Lacoste(shorts,polos,socks,and belts).His mom was up on it.
    During the 80's LeTigre was tha shit. Lacoste was St8 prep and Polo was on a come up. Polo got real hot and has become a staple. But now in my hood and around nyc cats is rockin Lacoste over Ralph Lauren. Alot of cats(awholelot)are rockin some fake Lacoste.
    I rock both but I feel the Lacoste material lasts longer. But Ralph Lauren is from the Bronx so I gots to rep.
    With the shift towards Lacoste I feel like stickin w/ Polo just to go against the tide. Im definitely not going LeTigre.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

Polo timeless? Learn your history my friend! Ren?? Lacoste ( a French tennis player) invented Lacoste in 1929. Ralph Lauren created his style by imitating classic posh euro styles.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Polo (and own more P than L) and the quality is great but Lacoste is the real old school.

Over here in Europe both brands cost the same by the way.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Polo timeless? Learn your history my friend! Ren?? Lacoste ( a French tennis player) invented Lacoste in 1929. Ralph Lauren created his style by imitating classic posh euro styles.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Polo (and own more P than L) and the quality is great but Lacoste is the real old school.

polo is still better

poloBrooks Brothers is still better

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Without a doubt.

that chick looks straight manish

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    that chick looks tastier than a Manwich

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Lacoste: 1929

Polo: 1967 - Ralph Lauren (nee Lipshitz)

1963 - Brighton

Late '40s

you serious? ughhh

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    that chick looks straight manish

???

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    you serious? ughhh

I think if you saw that dame in real life you might not be so dismissive. She looks pretty good to me, although prolly skinnier than I can hang with. Not seeing the "manish" thing tho.

i mean, i'd probly still line up, but she aint FAWWWWNN, ya know?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

you serious? ughhh

I think if you saw that dame in real life you might not be so dismissive. She looks pretty good to me, although prolly skinnier than I can hang with. Not seeing the "manish" thing tho.

Redheads are a man's best friend.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Lacoste has way better colors....Lacoste also has doper shoes and hats

Polo shirts last a lifetime....no shrinkage....less care needed...less wrinkle...better fabrics....shit i still have Polo shirts from my early 20's

POLO WINS ! by a nose

• Lacoste has some real nice colors. That said, for twice the price, it's not phenominally better quality, stains real easily

Yeah, what's up with the easy stainiblity with those Rene's? I have permanent pit stains on about four of my shirts. I still like 'em better than Polo (it's that old school attachment from back in the days rockin' 'em with the collar all buttoned up along with straight leg Lee jeans and matching Clydes), but I rock both labels happily. Probably more Lauren in the wardrobe that Lacoste, actually.

Well, this is a good meaningless post to take my mind off of the serious matters of the day. I almost feel bad talking about stuff like this right now, but you almost have to just to keep your sanity.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Polo

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Fred Perry all the way for me. UK classic.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Fred Perry all the way for me. UK classic.

Is this official hooligan gear in the UK?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Lacoste has way better colors....Lacoste also has doper shoes and hats

Lacoste got that fit that making me look all sexyskinnyindie

the bitches can't get enough of young guzzo in the vintage '87 lacoste

fuck which costs more though, they both 1.95 at the thrift

Fred Perry all the way for me. UK skinhead classic.

• 1.95 at the thrift

pit stains