Lacoste vs. Polo???

13»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    let's be honest though...lacoste is just trendy. nobody was rocking that sh*t 5 years ago. the last time anybody wore an alligator it was called izod (don't front). polo has held it down consistently for awhile now....

Not true at all... I know plenty of people that were rocking Lacoste five and more years ago.

It was tougher to get, but real heads will go the distance to look right.

Oh, and Lacoste all day.

• Lacoste or IZOD whatever it was is old. I don't think they were pricey all the time I think the price has gona up major over the decade. I had a lot of Izod when I was small.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    In Faux Rillz fashion related news. They are handing out customs confiscated faux gucci to hurricane survivors at the Astrodome. Do I hear yacht engines turning over?

Lacoste or IZOD whatever it was is old. I don't think they were pricey all the time I think the price has gona up major over the decade. I had a lot of Izod when I was small.

Lacoste and Izod's affiliation ended in (I think) the mid-eighties... after that, they became two entirely separate companies. So don't anybody be thinking that your Izod schitt is just Lacoste with a different logo.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Lacoste or IZOD whatever it was is old. I don't think they were pricey all the time I think the price has gona up major over the decade. I had a lot of Izod when I was small.

Lacoste and Izod's affiliation ended in (I think) the mid-eighties... after that, they became two entirely separate companies. So don't anybody be thinking that your Izod schitt is just Lacoste with a different logo.

I thought "IZOD" was just an affiliated low budget line of Lacoste, like "Polo Sport" or "Rugby" or "Lauren" ad nauseum for Ralph Lauren/Polo?

Did anybody else know people who wore the collars tucked in on their izods in the early 80's?

I rocked some styles in the 80's,
    but even back then I knew the tucked-in collar style was

I thought "IZOD" was just an affiliated low budget line of Lacoste, like "Polo Sport" or "Rugby" or "Lauren" ad nauseum for Ralph Lauren/Polo?

Nah, Lacoste is a French company and Izod is an American company that--I think--had a licensing deal with them during the 70s/80s.

• Lacoste or IZOD whatever it was is old. I don't think they were pricey all the time I think the price has gona up major over the decade. I had a lot of Izod when I was small.

Naw, IZOD was relatively expensive back in the days (early to mid 80's). Definitely a cut above your average fly hood wear. If you were rockin' stuff like Izods or Gucci sneaks back then you were most definitely seen as a