Lacoste vs. Polo???

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Fred Perry all the way for me. UK classic.

FP rules, but you need some professional drycleaners to keep that shit from shrinking/falling apart. I learned to buy FP in the hugest size possible (before I even out on the pounds I have lately), because even without putting that shit in the dryer, it loses like 4" the first time you wash it!
    Nice colors, tho, and good contrast colors, which Izod and Polo don't really hook up...

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts

can lacoste f*ck w/ that?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

"Wow, New YORK is cool............hey Jimmy breakout your camera."

suddenly I don't feel like such a nerd after all...

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    I'm keeping the classics in the closet until the hipsters are tired of them and the Gino-type jocks throw the 69$ re-releases away

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    Hm.. this sounds like a question of golf or tennis.

Welcome to the HIP HOP Renaissance Fair

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts

Welcome to the HIP HOP Renaissance Fair

but don't forget about

Any one know about the polo w/ the Pot Leaf logo? It might have been named BOSE.

Any one know about the polo w/ the Pot Leaf logo? It might have been named BOSE.

BOAST - and I used to have a couple of these, they were dope - except that the hippie trust fund kids kinda made it their style, so it was hard to rock with dignity...

I remember reading an interview with the head of the company years ago where he claimed it wasn't supposed to be a pot leaf...yeah, right...

Good Lookin out.
    My co-worker was inquiring. He remembered the brand from the 80's. It also appeared in the CHRONIC video-letmeride.

Good Lookin out.
    My co-worker was inquiring. He remembered the brand from the 80's. It also appeared in the CHRONIC video-letmeride.

Not on MTV, it didn't! Dude just had a blurry spot on his polo!!

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I got a pocket full of B's,
    cocoa weed and ain't got no place to go tho'
    But all my Boca Boys they know though, that's fo' sho' doe
    (Are those Bugle Boy jeans you're wearin?)
    Hell nah hoe, you know they Polo's!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Le Coq Sportif

• reskresk 391 Posts
    the Lacoste selection in the US is typically quite limited unless of course your at a Lacoste store. I gotta go with Polo cause of Trick's influence and its relatively less in the US

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    polo cuts their golf shirt extra long w/ the back longer than their front. It's what i call the American ass flap........I aint't with that. Paid lacoste to be da boss cuts theirs better........

• Fred Perry all the way for me. UK classic.

Is this official hooligan gear in the UK?

no Ben Sherman holds down that demographic i think.

• same damn 'lo sweater

• What's the difference between the two besides the Alligator or Crocodile and the guy on a horse.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    What's the difference between the two besides the Alligator or Crocodile and the guy on a horse.

QUALITY

Polo feels like sandpaper. Sorry folks.

polo cuts their golf shirt extra long w/ the back longer than their front. It's what i call the American ass flap

Also known worldwide as a " shirt tail " - and my Lacoste shirts that have them as well...

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Paid lacoste to be da boss cuts theirs better

• vintage polo sizes are fucked. i'm swimming in a medium, and the 'shirttail' is just embarassing. never seen this problem with vintage lacoste. new polo sizes are way smaller and without the assflap.

it's frustrating that lacoste blew up, but their shit is defnitely superior. you can get 6 'authentics' for the price of one, so that may explain the popularity. the seasonal stuff is pricey, but you won't find any fakes of 'em.

• to be honest, i don't remember. i saw them in a shop for $$$ and then ended getting them off ebay, only to find out the seller sold me the wrong size (right box, wrong shoe). ebay can be a real letdown sometimes. i've seen more recent pairs with a shiny white leather strip at the top of the heel, but they aren't as nice. keep digging.

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    let's be honest though...lacoste is just trendy. nobody was rocking that sh*t 5 years ago. the last time anybody wore an alligator it was called izod (don't front). polo has held it down consistently for awhile now....

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    let's be honest though...lacoste is just trendy. nobody was rocking that sh*t 5 years ago. the last time anybody wore an alligator it was called izod (don't front). polo has held it down consistently for awhile now....

That's maybe the case with mainstream US rap fashion but Lacoste has always been timeless in Europe. You could never and will newer go wrong with it. last time it became a bit trendy over here was around 96/97 if I remember right. But people "in the know" have rocked it before and after and still doing it.

That's maybe the case with mainstream US rap fashion but Lacoste has always been timeless in Europe. You could never and will newer go wrong with it. last time it became a bit trendy over here was around 96/97 if I remember right. But people "in the know" have rocked it before and after and still doing it.

Exactly..................Non trendy cats have worn Lacoste before its resurgence in the hipster/hiphop communities.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    cats have worn Lacoste before its resurgence in the hipster/hiphop communities.

cosign

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    funny this came up, I was just at the polo outlet on friday. Literally everything was cut extra long......which was frustrating. IMO, both brands are classic and will never go out of mainstream style.

ps; there's way more fake lacoste online vs fake polo. Don't even bother w/ ebay, 99% of it is fake.

http://www.geocities.com/neevakee/