Rap You're Liking

Comments

• I mean hell I guess that's breaking new ground in terms of hip hop subject matter. But was it ground that needed to be broken? Squeamishness about breastmilk aside, I'm not taking any diet or health advice from my favorite rapper. Waiting for the next rap breakout star to do a song about the G-BOMBS diet. Or get really hippie and rap about ear candling or bloodletting.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    My brother is a new dad and he uses the gadgets and apps to take care of and monitor the baby. At one point he mentioned how great his wife's breast milk pump works. Too much info, but he and I, despite our polar opposite lifestyles, speak about anything without filter, so I listen. I get some lemonade from the fridge before I go and notice one of the containers. No, I didn't, for the record. Anyhow, JRocc played this on his show on the way home last night. I would share this video with him but he has no sense of humor.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    damn, where's bassie!  she's the thraed originator...  i wonder what rap she's liking these days.

klezmer electro-thug beats

• MiceTeaMiceTea 25 Posts

• Hah that's a funny video, I just wish the song wasn't 80% hook. I like the 90s Digital 8 sheen.

for the Time and Eric fans. Again...80% hook lol

klezmer electro-thug beatsDuderonomy

This song is better without the video but whatever...

• Digging the Shakewell too, I can't really hate all-hook tracks that much. I'll listen to some pretty brain numbing shit. If it's worth hearing 2x maybe it's better 4x. Don't know till you try. 

Joyner Lucas....... dunno, the video's a turn off. Heavy pentagon sponsorship vibes
    Duderonomy

Joyner Lucas....... dunno, the video's a turn off. Heavy pentagon sponsorship vibes

Agree, I never saw the video until I went to post the song here. I half feel it was just somebodies horrible idea they ran with. "And when we take the hood of it's Logic bro, so sick!!!" I guess I could have just posted audio version lol.

This is Danny Brown's label

• Beatnick DeeBeatnick Dee beatnickdee.com 71 Posts
    ketan said:

Had skimmed through when it dropped and forgot to go back. I dig this. Sounds a lot like Suga Free, which isn't a bad thing. Got his own twist.

ketan said:

Had skimmed through when it dropped and forgot to go back. I dig this. Sounds a lot like Suga Free, which isn't a bad thing. Got his own twist.

Yeah, I mean not enough innovation on top of Suga Free has occurred afaic

• I'm more into the E40 influence, but regardless

I'm more into the E40 influence, but regardless

“But it is one thing that I learned from E-40/Somebody in the clique gotta be legit"

The beat is sick too.  "Raphy & dream beach" 

That's tight but damn, Fat Ray looks like Kodak Black with a Maggie Simpson hairdo!

for context, I think this is the last time I saw a pic of Fat Ray

• his punchlines slay me!
    "I get nothing...
    but head, Beavis"
    What even is that shit!?
    Electrode

wooo
    Electrode

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    My grandmother was a ticket usher at the Covina theater back in the day (http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/13983). Earl is one of the best.
    ketan

Bruiser Brigade put out a group album and it's real strong. 

https://bruiserbrigaderecords.bandcamp.com/album/tv62

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    I listened to a little of snoop’s new album. He rhymed “kryptonite” and “she gonna fuck a crip tonight”. 

I laughed. 

• ketan said:

I feel like danny brown can get unhinged enough to do an homage like this without it sounding dumb as hell

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    ketan said:

I feel like danny brown can get unhinged enough to do an homage like this without it sounding dumb as hell

That beat is DOPE. As for ODB (Old Danny Brown).... he’s good In small doses to me and I kinda wish somebody else was rhyming on this beat. 

Who produced that beat though???? I love it. 

HOLLY - i hadn't heard of them before this but looked them up the other night after hearing this too

https://www.insomniac.com/music/artists/holly/

• it is a great beat, and danny was right to recognize a 36 chambers feel to it and go full ol' danny brownstard
    dizzybull

This came off!
    Electrodeklezmer electro-thug beats

came across a lyric vid for this one, in case you missed this part of grimm's career

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    Can it be true that Harry Mack never had a mention on SS? I get no result for a search….
    I am sure you’ve all seen his Venice Beach freestyles before the pandemic, but he went onto a video chat App a while ago and mainly does these kind of videos now:

https://youtu.be/VBBMfHGMs7I

Check the second part for the eye candy with the rhymes. 
    Check the fourth part for what made him go viral to a new audience. 
    Jimster