!!! (Daft Punk-related).

123457»

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    SOFT

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

"Daft Punk attending the Monaco Grand Prix in support of their new album. Their label, Columbia, sponsored the Lotus F1 Team???s entry into the race."

Somebody needs to make a Which helmet is cooler? poll. If the gold one was silver, it would be no contest. As it is, I need Strut consensus.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    "Get Lucky" is obviously getting played the F out on radio, but this album is still getting play in my car. I think I appreciate the craftsmanship over the slightly inconsistent nature of the genres.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    I ponied up and bought this sucker a couple of wks ago, and I'm glad I did. I almost didn't cause of listening to the hyped single, but dammit if that isn't one of the weaker tracks on this soundscape. Sure RAM's a throwback sonically but I find the album only sounds dated when they slip into late 90's breaks riddims, which doesn't happen often. The rhythm section is absolutely bonkers and even if a song is 2-3 min too long, which happens too often, I find the drums and percussion getting me through it. The repetitive singing is a frustratingly effective earworm though.....

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Finally got around to listening, and "Get Lucky" is the best thing about RAM. The rest of the album is more or less unlistenable. I'm glad that Daft Punk tried something new and out there, but wow, much of the music on this is awful.

3/10

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    And.... it's over 

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

LOLz.

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    parallax said:
    Finally got around to listening, and "Get Lucky" is the best thing about RAM. The rest of the album is more or less unlistenable. I'm glad that Daft Punk tried something new and out there, but wow, much of the music on this is awful.

3/10

With 8 years now passed, looking back now I can say I was wrong. Random Access Memories is more like 4/10.

I was a big fan of their shit in the 90’s. Lots of great tunes that still hold up. It’s kinda sad to see them end, but sadder still that their sound evolved into pop. 

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    para11ax said:
    parallax said:

3/10

With 8 years now passed, looking back now I can say I was wrong. Random Access Memories is more like 4/10.

I was a big fan of their shit in the 90’s. Lots of great tunes that still hold up. It’s kinda sad to see them end, but sadder still that their sound evolved into pop. 

Haha. I felt a similar way - and yeah, we were listening to Homework the other day.  Classic.

Some other great songs in the catalogue too (Face to Face, Doin It Right come to mind), but I didn't particularly enjoy the glossy sound they settled in.

para11ax

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts

LOLz.

"Old equipment from the 90s" - How rude.  I have clothes from the 90s.