Recent Finds

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    ^ love that Mother Freedom Band, Rock Island and Secos & Molhados

The highlight of the TCJB is a version of Zappa's "Peaches In Regalia". Recorded a year after BB King's famous album at the same jail. Fix Planet, like "Life Is A Joke", is a German comp of bands from different countries. Except this is focused on experimental/new wave rather than punk. Mark Mothersbaugh and former Los Angeles radio deejay Jed The Fish rep the US. Milton's CTI record was recorded stateside; includes Herbie Hancock Deodato, Airto and Hubert Laws and is partially sung in English.
    ketan

It's the late 70s budget issue, but I'm happy finding this one for cheap.

ppadilhaklezmer electro-thug beats

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

• Beatnick DeeBeatnick Dee beatnickdee.com 71 Posts
    Yo Bill, how's that Sneaky Feelin'? Looks like it could be some cool AOR or maybe even yacht rock ish?!

That Cosmos tune is a banger, great find. 

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Yo Bill, how's that Sneaky Feelin'? Looks like it could be some cool AOR or maybe even yacht rock ish?!

That Cosmos tune is a banger, great find. 

Sneaky Feelin' is Country-Rock. Here's a short bio about the band here where you can listen to one of the tracks from the 45:

https://www.reverbnation.com/sneakyfeelin8

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts

some Lincoln Olivetti feelings on that one!

b/w

not sure what to make of the name The Bang Gang

ppadilha said:
    not sure what to make of the name The Bang Gang
    Not sure about the name either but it's a decent Boogie 45 (and a Holland picture sleeve).

From a couple of stores over the past few days:

ketanbillbradley

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    that nite-liters is classic.  cbc transcriptions all the way out in LA?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    That Miroslav sounds nothing like Wham to my ears.
    Electrodebillbradley

Many times I have thought, "how in the hell did this find its way here?", combing through the "International"/"World" section, which surprisingly has paid out in the past several months. I remember seeing some RCI/CBC records before, but they were of the modern classical variety. This one is related to the London Experimental Jazz Quartet (of the "Invisible Roots" record and "London" as in Ontario, Canada; not England). Nite-Liters: yes, "Tanga Boo Gonk" and "K-Jee", their "Tighten Up" rip, are classic.
    billbradley

A few highlights from the weekend

Iowa lounge, psych rock,soul raer

DuderonomyElectrode

Is it any good?

I think it's pretty good. It's a lo-fi recording of a lounge band. They had a lot of energy. They do mostly cover songs but had a couple original tracks on the album also. The Joe Tex and Otis Redding covers are good, and their original tracks sound like psych rock with an organ player. It's different but in a good way. The cover of the Bee Gees song Words surprised me also. I don't really care for the Bee Gees but they improved the song. 4 out of 5 stars.

Bonus photo of the band:

ElectrodeDuderonomyketanklezmer electro-thug beatsppadilhaJimster

These were all from the dollar bin the other day.  I slept on a King Tee joint off that Stimulated Recs album all these years.

billbradley

A few more that I paid more than $1 for.  I've been waiting to find that Dierdre Wilson Tabac in the wild since the late 90s!
    billbradley

I've never seen the Dierdre Wilson or Webber Sisters

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    ugh i havent been digging in forever, "Corona" vibes are real...i did get a copy of Jim Sullivan - UFO on some fancy splattered vinyl (Blue / Green Swirl [Psychedelic Desert Sunset]) from LITA (man i LOVE this fucking label dudes! super quality shit everytime it seems) it came with a lyric book as well.. i never heard of Jim or the album before until i heard Rich (Buck65) Terfry mention it on his CBC radio show "Drive" and played one of the tracks of the album...it blew my mind, but when i went to buy a copy LITA was sold out and an OG copy was out of my price range....  a few months went by and out of the blue i got an email from LITA saying the album was available again for purchase, i couldnt believe it.

Nice, that Jim Sullivan is incredible.  LITA put out some demos by him last year - haven't had a chance to listen yet. 

On another note, I'm seeing more quality stuff for decent prices (or even in the dollar bins) these days. I wonder if there's been more people selling/donating collections to shops... and fewer people out there digging... and shopkeepers who are trying harder to make sales?  It's been motivating!

I wish I could say the same about finding quality stuff in the dollar bins. My fiance and I did a road trip last week and went through several antique malls. So much of everything we went through had split seams or was scratched heavily. I easily went through 15,000 records and only bought maybe 10. Even so, I had fun doing it. The thrill of the hunt finding the rare gems in all of those skated turds was worth it.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    My dad died last week out of the blue, so we've had to clear all our shit out of their house and get my mum sorted.  That means I have a load of vinyl to get shut of.  Who wants Roy Ayers - Silver Vibrations OG Uno Melodic from 83, Mint (I played my vinyl ONCE and recorded them all to tape at the same time)?

Jimster said:
    My dad died last week out of the blue

Sorry to hear it mang, hope you're holding up ok.

Jimster

Jimster said:
    My dad died last week out of the blue, so we've had to clear all our shit out of their house and get my mum sorted.  That means I have a load of vinyl to get shut of.  Who wants Roy Ayers - Silver Vibrations OG Uno Melodic from 83, Mint (I played my vinyl ONCE and recorded them all to tape at the same time)?

Really sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you can listen to some of his records and remember some good memories. 

DuderonomyJimster

My sympathies, Jim. My father died a little more than a year ago. Remember the happy times you have spent together.
    DuderonomyJimster

That is sad and I hope you find peace in due course.  Take care.
    JimsterDuderonomy

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Thanks my Dudes.

Strut por vida.

My dad was a vinyl hoarder.  Alas, it's not the kind of stuff that .... IS RELEVANT TO THE STRUT INTERESTS.  Talmbout mad Perry Como, Sinatra (but not the Jobim), saw some Enoch Light, Easy Listening Titans, Opera, Classical, hella Al Jolson.  78's.  Really needs someone with a bad Chud habit to action this lot.

But srs doe, I can't store my own vinyl here.  About two suitcases full of 12s and one of 7s.

So lemme know about the Ayers.
    Duderonomy

My fiance started going through the dollar bins buying up easy listening, lounge, cocktail hour, and random tiki related records. I had never paid any attention to them ever but she's pulled some really cool stuff lately that I have always overlooked. We'll have a nice meal at the house and she'll throw on one of her hidden gems she's discovered among all of the chud as background music. I must be getting old but I'm actually enjoying some of it.
    Duderonomy

I didn't realize there was a video of one of the Grand Funk Railroad cover songs on Youtube posted by one of the band members