what r u listen'n 2

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "No Man Is An Island" is my shit!

• GivemesoulGivemesoul 146 Posts
    Got some Drifters going on-Honey Love with the great Clyde McPhatter on lead.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Been listening to Ludovico Einaudi.  Just some dope cinematic shit....love it.

Mainly while I work:
    - Dday One "Heavy Migration"
    - Blockhead "Music by cavelight"
    Duderonomy

• francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts
    Today at home I was listening to Hi-C /Skankless album, I found a copy yesterday so its on heavy rotation at the moment.
    Walking around the streets I was listening to random Griselda related stuff, I find a lot of it to be ok but can't for the life of me see why people are fiending after it so heavily, especially with the crazy prices people are asking for the records. 

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    all three of the Griselda cats are dropping strong projects this year - Pray for Paris is on the same level of Flygod for Gunn.

i've been listening to this 90s italian progressive trance stuff that's pretty tight: https://fil.email/f65lkpvL

listening to that new sault album and fantastic vol 2 a lot lately. (20th annivesary of vol 2!)

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    I just learned how to replace the motor on my turntable this week. Now that finally has been done:

William S. Fischer "Circles"
    Chi-Lites "Toby"
    Various Ennio Morricone (RIP) soundtracks: "Investigation Of A Citizen Above Suspicion", "Machine Gun McCain" and "Violent City"
    Tom Jobim "Stone Flower"
    Wire "Pink Flag"

• A handful of recent purchases and a mix of sounds getting spins again on my turntable this past week.

The Caravelles - Lovin' Just My Style (Onacrest)
    James Phelps- Don't Be A Cry Baby (Fontana)
    O'Jays - I'll Never Forget You (Imperial)
    Johnnie Mae Mathews - Two Sided Thing (Big Hit)
    Alvin Valentine - Sweet Sweet Revenge (Brunswick)
    Soul Searchers - Save A Soul In Every Town (Nashboro)
    Dramatics - Your Love Was Strange (Volt)
    Jungle Rock - Life Is a Gamble (Its A Thang)
    George Seoule - Get Involved (Fame)
    Hoctor Band - Don't Cost You Nothing (Hoctor)
    Slave - Just A Touch Of Love (Paul Simpson Long 11 Minute Love Mix) (Vault)
    Skyy - First Time Around (Larry Levan Mix) (Salsoul Records)
    Gwen McCrae - Keep the Fire Burning (The Revenge Need II Edit) (White Label)
    Nicholas - Various Ep's on Its A Small World Disco and No More Hits labels
    Hush Hush - Love On Wax Ep (Black Angus Rough)
    Loleatta Holloway - Can't Let You Go (Louie Vega Truth Dub 1) (Vega Records)

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    New Sault has been rolling for the past few days.

Also, the new Khruangbin. Summer soundtrack 2020.

yuichi

Right now listening to the Mobstyle / Game Of Death album.
    Its grown on me over the years, at first listen I thought it was interesting and just about OK, on repeat listens I thought it was rubbish, and now Im really enjoying it.

Also been playing this a lot this evening.
    The track became a favourite when it got reissued a few years back, I played it out a lot, and spun it at home so much my wife got fed up with it, but since I discovered there is a video for it it has  been on repeat again this time on Youtube rather than wax:
    Maya / Lait De Coco

Jimsterketan

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    A lot of afro funk/highlife stuff and blazing downtempo for car journeys.

And this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU3EhqGfu1k&list=OLAK5uy_kf8dZxsjulmQ_LgGBdqF2u2LOYMSH6xTw

Waaju - grown.

And Mordecai. And the dubs on acid mix I did. Was actually really impressed with some of their tunes.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    The track became a favourite when it got reissued a few years back, I played it out a lot, and spun it at home so much my wife got fed up with it, but since I discovered there is a video for it it has  been on repeat again this time on Youtube rather than wax:
    Maya / Lait De Coco

Something about the beach, birds and dreams with chocolate milk?  Vrai Francophiles connaissez le Deal better than me.

Duder, I guess you are now fluent, non? 

Jimster said:
     spun it at home so much my wife got fed up with it

Duder, I guess you are now fluent, non? 

LOL, practicing what little Spanish I know so I can converse with Dudette's parents more  

But why would you do that to your better half Parker? WHY?

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Maya / Lait De Coco

Lol.  Looks like he was a radio DJ in the 80s - and that's the only thing he recorded?  Pretty tite.

• I hate to break the chain of engrossing Maya discussion but here's what I've been listening to today

Duderonomy

Groovin with[Roy Ayers-I Can't Help It]Jazz Soul at it's best!

Groovin with the oldies today.

Chain Gang-Sam Cooke

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Picked up the Music on Vinyl 180 gram reissue of Placebo - Ball of Eyes. The only OG copy posted for sale right now is listed for $1300. It's the only copy so they can ask what they want I guess. The sound quality on this reissue is really good though so I'm happy to have that for now.

Danswift

• DanswiftDanswift U.K. 18 Posts

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    These albums helped with the yearly 4 hours there/4 hours back drive to Morro Bay this weekend.

Picked up the Music on Vinyl 180 gram reissue of Placebo - Ball of Eyes. The only OG copy posted for sale right now is listed for $1300. It's the only copy so they can ask what they want I guess. The sound quality on this reissue is really good though so I'm happy to have that for now.

I've been the proud owner of the Counter Point comp since whenever it came out, never felt the need to chase an og:  https://www.discogs.com/Marc-Moulin-Placebo-Sessions-1971-1974/release/180843

Currently listening to breaks for a b-boy mix I'm making.

billbradley

klezmer electro-thug beats