Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Despicable!!

-daffy duck

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    SPlDEY said:
    ketan said:
    SPlDEY said:
    Step 2: Get out of your HOME and defy the BANS.

What good will that do?

There are arguments that we don't know if the responses we're taking will lead to more harm than good.  That's true.  But we have a very good idea of what not socially isolating will lead to (see China and Italty), and it's hard to know if we're creating more harm than good right now.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/coronavirus-covid-pandemic-response-scientists-1.5502423

This was taken directly from Naomi Klein's book from 2007. A contagious flu based outbreak might be an exception to this tip from her 5 point plan. We're not exactly sure what's going to happen either so maybe hold that thought. 

- D

Oh okay - yeah, not appropriate for now in a pandemic imho.

Send the hoarders and the inside traders to the same island and make them figure out how to survive!
    ElectrodeDuderonomy

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    So I saw an electronic mini-billboard today with one of those PSA's telling you to keep your hands off your face, away from your mouth and eyes. The frame had this...

ketanJimsterSPlDEY

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    RIP Manu Dibango

ketan

Fuck this

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    Let’s get back to that question of live streaming. Herm says if you try to on Facebook you will get teh ban or something because of licensed music. But I want to see and hear some raer. 

hey, they can't ban teh raer if it's not licensed, right?

dizzybull said:
    Let’s get back to that question of live streaming. Herm says if you try to on Facebook you will get teh ban or something because of licensed music. But I want to see and hear some raer. 

I've been looking into to live streaming the raer. Apparently Twitch doesn't care as much.  Instagram live is an option as well.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    dizzybull said:

It's a bit of a farce really.  FB will hit you with "Cease and desist" messages, from the labels concerned, during your stream.  These are the same labels that give you promos of as-yet-unavailable shit for you to, uh, promote for them.  If you are livestreaming from a bar where there is a music licence in place, then it's a bit grey.  You have legitimate licence to play to the bar.  You'll prolly get at least 30 mins into it before any of this happens.

Friends regularly fb their sets from the bar (well, before the virus went viral) so I have seen this numerous times playing out in real-time.

• I've heard of twitch being assholes over copyright but presumably you're more likely to get busted with tay-tay than with carl holmes investigation.

I just did a test run on Instagram Live.  The set up was simple.  Line out of the amp into an iRig i had laying around into the iPhone.  The feedback was good though I couldn't see any levels.  I ordered an iphone tripod mount.  Hoping to go live with some beers Friday or Saturday night.
    Duderonomyklezmer electro-thug beatsJimster

Cosmo is doing FB streamz as well.  Perhaps headz closer to man can get that FB reality in the current climate.

One would hope Zuckerman und dem are keeping perspective in these challenging times vis-a-vis what tunes man can listen to when the f*cken plague is in town.

I could be sorely mistaken, doe.

My dude, Dr. Berg is crushing it!!

- Damo

Jimster said:
    Cosmo is doing FB streamz as well.  Perhaps headz closer to man can get that FB reality in the current climate.

One would hope Zuckerman und dem are keeping perspective in these challenging times vis-a-vis what tunes man can listen to when the f*cken plague is in town.

I could be sorely mistaken, doe.

Cosmo’s was great! Thanks for the recommend!

RAJ

Electrode said:
    So I saw an electronic mini-billboard today with one of those PSA's telling you to keep your hands off your face, away from your mouth and eyes. The frame had this...

Now here's actual Sade showing you the proper way to touch your face:

- Spidey

DuderonomyElectrode

• I can kinda see why Biz wanted to palm her head like a basketball... it's magnetic...
    Duderonomy

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    I can kinda see why Biz wanted to palm her head like a basketball... it's magnetic...

Hah, I always think about that when Sade is mentioned!

Raj, how did the Insta Live go on Saturday?  Did ppl show up?  I'm not on IG.... 
    dizzybull

In hindsight, Spain probably should've skipped Women's Day this year.
     - Diego

ketan said:
    Raj, how did the Insta Live go on Saturday?  Did ppl show up?  I'm not on IG.... 

people did show up and it was super fun. He’s doing another one on Saturday. Worth going on ig for that alone. 

ketan said:

It went surprisingly well!  I don't know the official metrics but is was well over a hundred at any given time checking in. Felt like old times.

I hear you on IG.  The other platforms (Facebook, Youtube) I hear are much stricter when it comes to DJing copy-written material.  My feed ended half way through.  I don't know if that was a connectivity issue or the IP police.  

If you are a laptop person (like I am) you can view live events in Chrome with this extension:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ig-stories-for-instagram/nilbfjdbacfdodpbdondbbkmoigehodg?hl=en

Anyways.  I plan on doing it again this Saturday and hoping this can grow into something more organic as an official podcast with guest DJs.

Baby steps.

billbradleyasstro

^^ nice!  yeah, I'm not anti-IG or anything (except that my wife is on it all. the. time. so there is some resentment being harboured i suppose), it's more of a fear of social media overload.  but i'll try that chrome extension!  

ketan said:
    ^^ nice!  yeah, I'm not anti-IG or anything (except that my wife is on it all. the. time. so there is some resentment being harboured i suppose), it's more of a fear of social media overload.  but i'll try that chrome extension!  

IG was great until FB took over, then the chronological feed went, in favour of the FB-like "Only showing you shit you might share" model.

And the Ads.  The never-ending Ads.

I like photography and there are some great feeds to follow in that respect and some great "t3h raer vinyls" feeds, but yeah, it's the ever-increasing, unsolicited, sponsored onslaught of vapid aspirational broads or straight wealth-flaunteurs that make my piss boil.  

RAJ

The source of the Coronavirus revealed. 

- spidey
    JimsterDuderonomy

Damn... covid took down Adam Schlesinger!?

John Prine... on deck?

WTF!

Citizens who lost health coverage in past 2 weeks due to economic collapse:

USA 3,500,000
    Australia 0
    Belgium 0
    Canada 0
    Chile 0
    Denmark 0
    Finland 0
    France 0
    Germany 0
    Greece 0
    Hungary 0
    Italy 0
    Japan 0
    New Zealand 0
    Norway 0
    Portugal 0
    S Korea 0
    Spain 0
    Sweden 0
    Turkey 0
    UK 0

I’m thinking that Trump was asked to put guards on the US-Canada border to stop Americans coming north.

SPlDEY said:
    The source of the Coronavirus revealed. 

- spidey

Seem entirely believable that while investigating potential viruses, they accidentally stumble upon a really contagious one and then spread it around Wuhan before realising far too late what was happening.

Sometimes, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

• Citizens who lost health coverage in past 2 weeks due to economic collapse:

USA 3,500,000
    Australia 0
    Belgium 0
    Canada 0
    Chile 0
    Denmark 0
    Finland 0
    France 0
    Germany 0
    Greece 0
    Hungary 0
    Italy 0
    Japan 0
    New Zealand 0
    Norway 0
    Portugal 0
    S Korea 0
    Spain 0
    Sweden 0
    Turkey 0
    UK 0

I’m thinking that Trump was asked to put guards on the US-Canada border to stop Americans coming north.

Really? Every time I’ve been laid off I was kept on my employer’s insurance for 6 months. 

billbradley