rep/praise/recommend ONE (and only one) DUB LP

13»

Comments

• cpeetz said:

Was trying to post a dub mix of mine from a few years back but the Divshare file isn't working.
    Gonna have to track down somebody with a copy on CD and get back to this thread with it later.
    I posted it on SS in the past, if anybody has a digital copy of Dug Dub let me know.
    It was on my old computer that went tits up.

I missed that one - mixes of yours that I have are Heavy Manners, Reggae summer mix, the Undertaker, Cool pon Your Corner and Rough & Rugged ... all are tight

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    cpeetz said:
    hogginthefogg said:
    I'm gonna break all the rules and add all four chapters of Joe Gibbs African Dub All Mighty.

This!
    I've owned all of these, but sold them a long time ago. I even quite like the synth one that gets a lot of hate from the purist, but the later ones that are more traditional sounding are just a real snorefest imho.

But whilst there are dub albums I absolutely love, I'm not a huge dub fan. Too much time spent visiting trustafarian stoners house's with the same 6 cds on constant repeat killed it for me. I still love the dub system at carnival, but I'd much rather listen to rub-a-dub than straight dub.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Okem said:

But whilst there are dub albums I absolutely love, I'm not a huge dub fan. Too much time spent visiting trustafarian stoners house's with the same 6 cds on constant repeat killed it for me
    LOL. Waiting for nextman related.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    hugh_lucero said:
    cpeetz said:

Was trying to post a dub mix of mine from a few years back but the Divshare file isn't working.
    Gonna have to track down somebody with a copy on CD and get back to this thread with it later.
    I posted it on SS in the past, if anybody has a digital copy of Dug Dub let me know.
    It was on my old computer that went tits up.

I missed that one - mixes of yours that I have are Heavy Manners, Reggae summer mix, the Undertaker, Cool pon Your Corner and Rough & Rugged ... all are tight

Thanks man! Good to hear!
    I'll have to hit up the people I gave CD copies to,hopefully there are at least a couple still floating around.
    I'll be bummed if it's lost forever.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    4 Pages and noone mentioned this? Next to the Horace Andy, this would be my first choice. ..

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

The dudes from Japan did it for me on this one. This stayed on constant rotation in the summers of the early 2000's.
    Well executed. Well done dear sirs. Thick smoke, & cold beer in the back yard.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

• RhythmGJRhythmGJ Buffalo, NY 219 Posts
    "Six Years Later Dub":

* "Scientist Dubs Culture (into a parallel universe)" (because it's Scientist... and... Culture).

Alternate would be--

* "Conquerors in Dub"

GJ

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Big list.  Most of my favs are there.  I'm not around my records atm but this is one of the few new takes on the sound that ever worked for me (incl r&s of course):

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    ketan said:
    Big list.  Most of my favs are there.

Difficult to add to it, but was there a Scientist + Dr Alimantado that was pretty good? (‘80s)

:kool aid man jumping through wall:

Actually, one album that's more of a mixed bag but with some nice dub is this:

https://youtu.be/r002ItTpLzU

• RhythmGJRhythmGJ Buffalo, NY 219 Posts
    Looks enticing.

Will dig the video later. Thanks.

GJ

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This thread has been my dub bible since it was posted.  

Adding The Revolutionaries - Goldmine Dub for good measure.