TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Ranieri sacked. Seems very harsh, but pragmatic? And Man U fans must be delighted that Rooney wants to see out his contract.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Ranieri sacked. Seems very harsh
    True say fam.

It's the players that can't be arsed.  Resting on their laurels.  And I know I keep harping on about Kante being ten men, but, y'know... KANTE.

Easier to sack one man than the whole squad.  NUFF RESPECT TO MAN LIKE THE TINKERMANS IS IT.

Bobby Manc odds on to get the job.

"Don't lash that pasta in the bin just yet..."

Bobby not keen on laissez-faire.  No more snuff and Red Bull diet for Vardy?

Duderonomy

I was hoping Allardyce. Football needs more pints of wine.
    Jimster

On the positive side, Ranieri will be able to say he might have engineered an escape; if they go down now it doesn't really tarnish his reputation so much while the owners just look like ungrateful arseholes. Has he changed things that much this season? Or other teams have worked them out? Or just Kante.

ok, it's Kante.
    Jimster

Some light reading for @skel https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/feb/25/manchester-united-zlatan-ibrahimovic-signing-of-season

24 goals so far in his first season in the Prem and he's over-the-hill. Maybe not as great as he thinks he is, but not just hype.

Never lacked confidence, the lad.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Evening Gentlemen,

I was hoping that anyone still checking this thread might be able to chime in with a suggestion or two...

I and Fam are coming across the pond for a visit. My wife has never been but has always wanted to go. We'll be spending a bit of time in London, but will probably be making a venture outside town for most of the time. Specifically South West (Bath, Cotswolds, etc).

Would anyone have suggestions on decent locals only type stuff? Touristy type stuff is fine, but interesting personal low key favourites are always appreciated.

Many thanks for any suggestions whatsoever.

@Skel ?

Man step outside of the M25, I can perhaps chime in.

Jimster said:

Man step outside of the M25, I can perhaps chime in.
    Speaking of which... I'm hoping that even with all my time spent in the UK, the fact that I've never actually driven on the roads doesn't turn me into terrible tourist getting in the way.

I took a bus to the airport around xmas that went through Warwick. Looked like a beautiful town with a lovely castle. Oxford is worth a day of your trip*. Bath is beautiful... Bristol another city I love.

*I can give advice on Oxford if you do go there.

Lake District
    Pembroke Coast
    Scottish Highlands
    Widnes

OK, not Widnes.

@Skel Miwwohw fans - speak on it.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Spent a long weekend in a cottage in the Cotswolds last autumn and can highly recommend it. Best avoid anywhere recommended by Lonely Planet though as it's basically a slow moving train of people with long lens cameras photographing ducks. I can send you details of some of the places we visited if you're interested. 

Bath is also very nice if you want to do the whole English afternoon tea and cakes experience. I would highly recommend splitting your time there with Bristol though to get a nice snapshot of old vs new England. You can stay for pretty cheap in one of the previously squalid but now gentrified suburbs around the outside of the city.

The Pembroke Coastal area is also amazing. I think that's a coastline I miss more than almost any other part of the British landscape.

When are you thinking of going? I'd pop across from mainland Europe to say hello.

Good Stock, Aitken and Waterman article (Mike Stock telling it like it was):

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2017/mar/28/stock-aitken-waterman-mike-hit-factory-pop-songwriters-kylie

Hidden Gem for Strutteurs that I may or may not have harped on about before:

Kant.. Sorry, wrong thread

No, this:

Stock doing some niiiiice shredding.  Doan't sleap.

DORbennyboy

It's funny that, no matter what the music underneath is like, the mixing on the vocals always immediately identifies it as a SAW tune. 

What is that muppet Corbyn playing at? If he campaigned against Brexit he at least looks like opposition.

I'm at a loss at this point. I got in an argument about 4 years ago with someone when I said I couldn't see the point of voting anymore since the actual change and effect was minimal. I got, at the time, rightly criticised for my apathy, but I feel like I've "won" the long term argument on this.

Bunch of absolute fuckwits. And LOL at all the liberals who thought for a second that May was anything other than a total shitstain.

Junior

LOL.

You. Fucker.
    DOR

Fantasy League sees me nab 4th from Rory Breaker.  OOOSH!

No change at the top, word to the one Oskarinho.

DOR said:
    Not necessary, Dropping out of the top 4 could end the stasis. It's very annoying to hear other fans telling dissatisfied Gooners that we should be happy with our elite-level mediocrity, but I challenge any fan to witness the same mistakes for 15 years or so without wanting change. My local team, Oxford Utd, apparently used to target one of two league positions: near the top, for the possibility of promotion, or near the bottom, for the drama of escaping the drop - fewer fans came to games if there was nothing on the table (the quality of play certainly didn't draw them in, and apparently they'd heckle their own keeper out of boredom).

Keepers are always being heckled, goes with the turf. Lad I used to work with had done the Wolves keeper's wife BITD. He used to remind him every home game.  Then the rest of the crowd would join in, Spartacus-style...

Jimster said:
    Fantasy League sees me nab 4th from Rory Breaker.  OOOSH!

No change at the top, word to the one Oskarinho.
    The last few weeks for me were terrible. So many of my players didn't play the last few games.

With that said.

Hope all Strutters and their families are OK.

There are some evil people out there in the world. Hitting a concert full of young girls is fucking low.

Coming across the pond in a few weeks with my family. Between this and the acid throwers, it's freaking out my In Law. I was living in London during IRA bombings and stuff like that doesn't phase me, but I can see how it freaks out others.

Disclaimer: last nights attack was disgusting and cowardly, but (assuming this fucking arsehole is a Muslim extremist) I imagine images of hospitals and schools and markets bombed in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria etc give these people an eye-for-an-eye justification (and the religious indoctrination).

It's business as usual ($110 billion) as long as nothing comes back to the US.

It is hard to mitigate the actions of a lone nutter, other than his community dob him in.  That said, I do think it's allowed to happen to some degree to divide and conquer the proles while the money machine milks and eats us.

As it has been since time fam.

So this election is a bit more fun that the last couple of votes in Britain.

Duder, you get your overseas polling card? Fucking London are failing to deliver again just like they did with my Brexit card.