Election Predictions?

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
edited November 2016 in Strut Central
I'm betting a Hillary win but with Trump getting over 50 million votes. Hypothetically speaking, I'm curious as to what happens if Trump refuses the results and his supporters act accordingly.

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

RAGNAROK. TEH APOCALYPSE.

I will be following the election as best I can with a good measure of Blanton's.

It's a horrible choice, and perhaps the least anticipated election in living memory. In some ways Trump winning might be the kick up the ass that the system needs. I'm in the tin-hat camp regarding the Dems treatment of Bernie, and Hillary promises more of the same best-democracy-that-money-can-buy (for the rich), continued wars blah blah blah, while a Trump win makes me think that in the same way the Brexit result empowered racists and bigots in the UK, some Americans may feel comfortable doing the school run in a white pointy hood if he gets in.
    I think it will be very close. Close enough that Trump can bitch and moan if he loses and his supporters can feel more aggrieved than they already do against the liberal media etc.

• Reynaldo82Reynaldo82 NorCal 73 Posts
    War

I'm cashing out all of my stock by the end of the day's close, so I'm glad that there's a non-indictment rally going on.

This time I'm voting with my dollars as well.

Most people are still trying to process everything that is happening in the world, I'm digging in.

Hug your kids, get liquid.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Reynaldo, I you're masterfully trolling FB.  Well played. 

• Reynaldo82Reynaldo82 NorCal 73 Posts
    I'm in a red county in NorCal and everyone is cleaning their guns and sharpening their pitchforks. I can't even imagine the south.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts

asshurt

numerous hatt crimes

some UNBELIEVABLE contract for trump to do something in entertainment

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

• hilary will win without a doubt. don has been a patsy from the outset.

peace, 
    Stein.......grin.
    Duderonomy

don has been a patsy from the outset.

Hmmm, I like the idea of the Dems laughing away as he swept aside the other Republican nominees, but it will be some Frankenstein shit if their creation wins.

Trump's speech tonight is going to have, like, the biggest tv audience of all time.

LMJ will reappear on the strut in some terrible new form in the aftermath of the election, regardless of who wins

• an exact tie in a kingmaker state like Florida--Congress vows to hold hearings "until everyone involved is dead"--Julian Assange releases a terrible goth EP--Donald Trump promotes El Chapo to secretary of state and dies of natural causes on inauguration day--Hillary Clinton stands knee-deep atop a pyramid of skulls and declares the caliphate--unnatural horrors

• IF YALL NEED A PLACE TO LAY LOW FOR A WHILE I GOT YOU FAM
    DuderonomyJunior

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Kanye 2020!
    Duderonomy

• The Canadian Immigration Information website crashed tonight. Like the rest of this election that sounds like joke but it's real. 
    Duderonomy

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Maybe it's finally time to buy up a nice plot of land somewhere out of the way and create that cult commune I've been thinking about for a few years.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    Junior said:
    Maybe it's finally time to buy up a nice plot of land somewhere out of the way and create that cult commune I've been thinking about for a few years.
    I think I still have time to buy a plot of land in Uruguay and get a legal weed farm commune going

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    at least the Strut introduced me to those Eugene McDaniels LPs that I can now enjoy with renewed understanding

Best I've seen today on Facebook:

"orange is the new black"

• on a serious note, my prediction is a self-feeding wave of discontentment and a good few more hard right governments in europe, followed by a cataclysm of some kind (most likely a war, but could be economic, or both paired) and a hell of a lot of suffering for a lot of people so it's hard for me to find a joke funny enough to be worth it right now

• prepare your bodies for thunderdome.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I saw a prediction on Reddit I'm inclined to place some belief in...

The US and Russia will form a new country. And it will be called The United States of Soviet Russia or USSR for short.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    DOR said:
    I saw a prediction on Reddit I'm inclined to place some belief in...

The US and Russia will form a new country. And it will be called The United States of Soviet Russia or USSR for short.

"We're white punks with nukes..."

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Disappointing lack of pantie-wetting up in here.

Definite deer caught in headlights vibe from Merkel and them on the screens last night.
    The momentum (no Corbyn) is tangible.

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    i don't know about the election and all, but yesterday soulstrut was banned at work for being entertainment and today it is back. that should be worth something.
    DuderonomyJuniorDOR

My view on all this keeps swinging from "...ah, it's not that bad. The world survived Bush", to remembering that Trump was such a bad candidate Bush spoilt his ballot rather than vote for him.

I may demand my dad comes to Europe next summer. My gf already expressing reservations like Teh US of A will be Mad Max by August (I try reassuring her that she doesn't look Hispanic, to which I get the predictable answer "I'm not! I'm Catalan". Your nationalism is bad, mine is good).

A friend thinks Putin had a hand in this (and Brexit, and the Russian football violence at the Euros), and that we should be very afraid of Ruski expansionism. Problem is, Trump makes Putin look quite reasonable.

Jimster

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I actually watched that vid.  You must know that, given all our work internet content has to come via Germany, watching a 6' 11" video happens in chunks of 5 seconds interspersed by waits of 20.

Very interesting.  Nothing is as it seems.

Stay safe.

skel said:

I think it's because no one really liked Hillary that much, and she now looks like a very poor choice of candidate (argued with friend about her suitability; he was unable to concede that she was a poor choice even though the election proves it, and he instead chose to blame Bernie supporters and other Dems for not turning out. I guess some Dem voters must have also switched to Trump?). If this had been Obama losing a second term to Trump, then you would've witnessed more outrage.

Maybe the Dems need to select nominees using the who would you have a beer with test. I'd go with Trump. Asshole yes, but it would be interesting to see what shit he says when he's drunk. Hillary? I don't get the impression the consummate career politician ever switches off.
    Although I'd have that beer with her now, lol.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    skel said:

I think it's because no one really liked Hillary that much, and she now looks like a very poor choice of candidate (argued with friend about her suitability; he was unable to concede that she was a poor choice even though the election proves it, and he instead chose to blame Bernie supporters and other Dems for not turning out. I guess some Dem voters must have also switched to Trump?). If this had been Obama losing a second term to Trump, then you would've witnessed more outrage.

Maybe the Dems need to select nominees using the who would you have a beer with test. I'd go with Trump. Asshole yes, but it would be interesting to see what shit he says when he's drunk. Hillary? I don't get the impression the consummate career politician ever switches off.
    Although I'd have that beer with her now, lol.
    Hey Duder,

Your bolded statement said it all.  Though I'm horrified by the outcome, I saw this coming a mile away.  The vitriol for Hillary Clinton is real (I find her disingenuous and I'm Black) and the DNC overplayed their hand branding her as the predestined nominee, versus giving Bernie Sanders a fair opportunity to compete.  Daffy Duck would have beaten her in a presidential election!  Unelectable.  Oh well, que sera sera.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yeah the Hillary likability/trust issue never really went away did it? The fact that it appeared she had been preordained as the candidate in behind the scenes deals really didn't help in this matter either. 
    IMHO she just doesn't connect with anyone which made the "LoveTrumpsHate" slogan ring strangely false. Sure, Trump is preaching hatred and division, but believing Clinton as the alternative "Love" candidate is pretty difficult, even if one ignores her predilection for war.

Still really not that depressed. I'm happily burying the knowledge of what he's suggested he might do (Stop global warming measures, reduce women's rights for prochoice, increase racial profiling, legalise torture, etc) in favour of being interested in what he does now he's actually won. Does he build on this hatred he's created, enabling all the misogynist racist behaviour to win the day, or does he now start trying to build an actual position of power by moderating his views to appeal to the majority more and stop the country burning.

And what happens when all the things he's promised (the wall, 11 million illegal immigrants being chucked out, the Iran deal, the rebuild of the American auto industry) fail to materialise? And the shitstorm of scandals that are going to hit the country when he elects people like Christie to high office? I'm also genuinely curious about what this new Russia/USA love affair will result in. Admittedly this is all far far easier to be interested in as a white western European male........

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Junior said: 
    Yeah the Hillary likability/trust issue never really went away did it? The fact that it appeared she had been preordained as the candidate in behind the scenes deals really didn't help in this matter either. 
    IMHO she just doesn't connect with anyone which made the "LoveTrumpsHate" slogan ring strangely false. Sure, Trump is preaching hatred and division, but believing Clinton as the alternative "Love" candidate is pretty difficult, even if one ignores her predilection for war.

Still really not that depressed. I'm happily burying the knowledge of what he's suggested he might do (Stop global warming measures, reduce women's rights for prochoice, increase racial profiling, legalise torture, etc) in favour of being interested in what he does now he's actually won. Does he build on this hatred he's created, enabling all the misogynist racist behaviour to win the day, or does he now start trying to build an actual position of power by moderating his views to appeal to the majority more and stop the country burning.

And what happens when all the things he's promised (the wall, 11 million illegal immigrants being chucked out, the Iran deal, the rebuild of the American auto industry) fail to materialise? And the shitstorm of scandals that are going to hit the country when he elects people like Christie to high office? I'm also genuinely curious about what this new Russia/USA love affair will result in. Admittedly this is all far far easier to be interested in as a white western European male........
       (the bold part especially).  The DNC didn't glean any signals from the large crowds and passion swirled up around Bernie Sanders' campaign and message?  SMH.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak