What is your least favorite cover?

Comments

• There we go..

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    An obvious one, but nonetheless:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

This is a great cover.

• I love this one.

Me too. One of favorite albums and covers!

don't get me wrong. i own it and appreciate/respect van vliet's music, but it's really one of my least favorite covers ever. sorry.

• for straight ugly, not much is fuckin' with a dramatic experience:

I believe the album is about the evils of drugs (correct if wrong...) but, still...that is one ugly cover.

I think that was the point, wasn't it? This was indeed an anti-drug concept album, and think it was originally supposed to be called The Devil Is Dope, which explains why they'd put this Satanic monster on the cover.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I love this one.

Me too. One of favorite albums and covers!

don't get me wrong. i own it and appreciate/respect van vliet's music, but it's really one of my least favorite covers ever. sorry.

No wrong-getting here.

I love the cover for itself.

Wonderfully demented.

I especially like the double use of the hand that's holding the fishhead. One of the creepiest "helllooo" waves ever.

• this cover doesn't do the record any justice either

not a fan of the giant hand and the cartoony ringwraiths(?) in the sky

• for straight ugly, not much is fuckin' with a dramatic experience:

I believe the album is about the evils of drugs (correct if wrong...) but, still...that is one ugly cover.

I think that was the point, wasn't it? This was indeed an anti-drug concept album, and think it was originally supposed to be called The Devil Is Dope, which explains why they'd put this Satanic monster on the cover.

That's why i mentioned it- the cover fits the overall theme that the album is going for. doesn't mean it still isn't superfugly. just because that was there goal doesn't mean it isn't repulsive.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

What don't you like about that one?

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

What don't you like about that one?

Is it the red squirrel that is eating Tina's ankle?

• average record. non-front-on-able cover though. plus mine is signed!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• What don't you like about that one?

Is it the red squirrel that is eating Tina's ankle?

I think it's them damn crash-test dummies all over the place that are creeping me out. They reappear on the back as well. Looks like they're in a morgue or something.

• i think a lot of these are bad because of the context of them...i really don't like this one...

• There we go..

In the last few years, when I look at this cover it reminds me of someone taking a picture of a cover, for an album they want to sell on eBay.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Man, I will be fine if I NEVER see that record again. That shit is just as ubiquitous as Firestone, Whipped Cream, etc.

I love that Johnny Harris cover though. People are always like "wtf is that?" when they see it. I need to track down Fragments of Fear. I know he has some other songs ("Footprints on the Moon" maybe?) related to that movie that didn't make it on Movements.

• I love that Johnny Harris cover though. People are always like "wtf is that?" when they see it. I need to track down Fragments of Fear. I know he has some other songs ("Footprints on the Moon" maybe?) related to that movie that didn't make it on Movements.

The Warner CD that's out in the UK has the mono mix of "Footprints On The Moon", and "Lulu's Theme", which was the B-side to that.

• beat me to it!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    So glad I sold this recently. I hope I must never see it again.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    day said:

Man, I will be fine if I NEVER see that record again. That shit is just as ubiquitous as Firestone, Whipped Cream, etc.

I love that Johnny Harris cover though. People are always like "wtf is that?" when they see it. I need to track down Fragments of Fear. I know he has some other songs ("Footprints on the Moon" maybe?) related to that movie that didn't make it on Movements.
    I hate this one a lot.
    RAJ is on a roll with his too.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

Wtf is that??

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    jjfad027 said:

Wtf is that??
    https://www.discogs.com/Babys-Gang-Happy-Song/release/4089676

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I thought you had folded it out, not that it WAS the cover! That shit is awful.
    finelikewine

The_Non said:
    I thought you had folded it out, not that it WAS the cover! That shit is awful.
    one for the waxidermy boyz!