What is your least favorite cover?

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited July 2016 in Record Collecting

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Like they are fucking cool or some schitt.

• salviasalvia 279 Posts

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• Nothing against the model necessarily (was she also one of the girls on the cover of Lou Donaldson's Pretty Things?), but the photo itself looks like a fading Polaroid. Blue Note's cover art kinda went downhill in the '68-70 period. Was their graphic department on strike during those years?

I don't like this cover either, for the same reason as the Lee Morgan, but hey, it is called Just As I Am, right? If ole boy wants to have a washed-out pic of himself during lunch break at his day gig, who are we to kick?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

How can you hatt that?!

• but the photo itself looks like a fading Polaroid.

HOW DARE YOU

i love fading polaroids

• i hate this so much

seriously. that schitt is straight larvae

That ladybug mecca cd cover is definitely one of the GOAT worst.

• That ladybug mecca cd cover is definitely one of the GOAT worst.

she looks like a decaying ladybug at that

• How can you hatt that?!

I kinda think it's hilarious, in a tongue-in-cheek kinda way, how the cover implies that we're supposed to be peeping through the keyhole at this woman!

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

I agree, disturbing

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I have a love/hate relationship with this one:

I have a love/hate relationship with this one:

The pause space between words and the picture was making me hope you were gonna say this:

• salviasalvia 279 Posts

How can you hatt that?!

I kinda think it's hilarious, in a tongue-in-cheek kinda way, how the cover implies that we're supposed to be peeping through the keyhole at this woman!

Yeah, i usually like them tongue-in-cheek covers, but this one is just really bad.

And to answer The_Non, of course there are far worse covers but i was just trying to think of one in my own collection. But do you really like the cover-art?
    Different strokes i guess..

How can you hatt that?!

Yeah, i usually like them tongue-in-cheek covers, but this one is just really bad.

And to answer The_Non, of course there are far worse covers but i was just trying to think of one in my own collection. But do you really like the cover-art?
    Different strokes i guess..
    Well, uh, erm, um, not the artistic merit, you got me there.

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    haha

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

The pause space between words and the picture was making me hope you were gonna say this:

I forgot about that! Nothing particularly bad about that cover, but that one and Rap-O Clap-O both fell under the "Is My Boyfriend Gay?" category:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I love this one.

• for straight ugly, not much is fuckin' with a dramatic experience:

I believe the album is about the evils of drugs (correct if wrong...) but, still...that is one ugly cover.

• This unnerves the shit out of me, so is one of my least favourite covers of all time. It's not his nose into the pipe thing, it's the look on his face,

I forgot about that! Nothing particularly bad about that cover, but that one and Rap-O Clap-O both fell under the "Is My Boyfriend Gay?" category:

HAHAHAHAHAA
    Joe was just reallyyyy into Reading Rainbow in the early 80s.

• This unnerves the shit out of me, so is one of my least favourite covers of all time. It's not his nose into the pipe thing, it's the look on his face,

that's a magritte painting!

That makes it no less unnerving. His expression typifies 'uh-oh I shouldn't have done the extra half and it's all going to get a lot weirder very soon'

Thanks for the info though, after googling, I have put a name I knew to paintings I knew of but didn't know who they were by, so cheers.

• How can you hatt that?!

haha, exactly what i was thinking. thick naked women on album covers are almost always a good look.

• OOH OOH OOH!

What's that one funky-loungey early '70s album on Warner Bros. (UK only), with a grainy cover where the guy's got this expression on his face like he's about to die? His name is Johnny something-or-other and I think the LP is called Movements? IIRC, one of the tracks appears on the recent What It Is! funk box on Rhino? Well, anyway, that album cover sucks too

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    You're talking about Johnny Harris i think. I like that cover. I think it's based on the movie Fragment of Fear.

possibly the only person in a magritte painting i ever saw where it wasnt the back of somebodys head (well, now i see WHY magritte never painted faces from the front!)

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    There we go..

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

That ladybug mecca cd cover is definitely one of the GOAT worst.

she looks like a decaying ladybug at that

This is my all time least favorite. So so so bad. I can hardly believe it's real (and if someone wants to prove to me that it's not real, I would be very grateful).

• You're talking about Johnny Harris i think. I like that cover. I think it's based on the movie Fragments of Fear.

Fragments Of Fear? No shit! Looks like somebody took ole boy out right there and then!