TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    skel said:

Actually, I reckon most proper fans really do want to see their side get nasty with hated opposition.

Gratifying to watch MOTD 2 on Sunday and and hear respectable posh rag journo endorse this sentiment, with relish.
    Shame she caveated with "it might not be the done thing to say this, but..."

Duderonomy

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Hammer for life, eh Jimster? Great match, and as for the pre-game appetiser, it couldn't have happened to a nicer team. Where's Junior with the outrage? Shocked & appalled? Looked like they mainly threw beer*.

*was probably a fifth column of Millwall fans ;)
    Jimster

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Hammer for life, eh Jimster? 
    Well, what a bizarre season it's been.  Still, if LFC win Europa, doesn't 4th in the Prem have to fall back as CL can only take 4 English sides?  Or summat?

Much to St*ve's chagrin, always been my London team since puberty when Iron Maiden was getting regular spinnage on our manor.  Back in 1980, Rock vinyls, playing cards and printed pr0n was all we had.

5 if a team wins Europa I thought? Or 5 if prem won that and the champs league...and the winners were both outside the top 3?
    I'm sure Spain have had 5 champs league spots due to winning the Europa.

Surely, 19-0 is not going to happen, despite the lads getting a week off?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I'm still in a little bit of awe for this season even though my team was mediocre.

Gunners passing the Spurs like that and the end. Crazy.

skelDuderonomy

Plain truth is, not one team apart from Leicester can call this a successful season.
    The way Spurs melted in the final weeks was ridiculous.
    Where there was hope, there's only despair.
    But never mind eh, we've got one foot in Wembley, COYL
    DORDuderonomy

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    so Arsenal finishing above all the other big clubs means they won the real league, right?
    Duderonomy

ppadilha said:
    so Arsenal finishing above all the other big clubs means they won the real league, right?
    Finally, someone talking sense in this bitch.

Spuds last day meltdown was a nice bonus... but I'm now quietly moving into the Wenger-out camp.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Not to get all 'Second place is a trophy' but yeah. Goodtimes. 

Apart from Leicester, that main thing to take away from this season is the Chelsea and Mou were shit. The worst defence of a title in history. 

Not so special now. 

So how did fantprem go?
    Poor mid table for me.

Did taste the air at the top briefly.

Badly let down by LuKACKu in a 2-weeker where he accrued 2/3rds of f*ck all.
    There was no coming back after that.

Took a punt on the one KANE in the final game (against JAAAAHdies with nothing to play for except maybe the chance to buttah Cherrrall Co-Wells toast) but whose (snort) "Presence" was felt less than Kate Moss' shadow.  The 50's-binman-faced cunt.

skel

Still boycotting it as I don't have time for weekly squad changes (and grew tired of finishing last).

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/assessing-englands-euro-2016-chances

Loving this quote: "Roy Hodgson – England manager cum lost and bewildered owl in the body of a sickly duke – has today announced his provisional 26-man Euro 2016 England squad"

Jimster

They are all at it.  Is anyone not bent as a 3 pound note?

Tony Benn, Dennis Skinner?

Jo Mou to yanited! Manchester rivalry has just been turned up to 11. Should be a great season.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    I don't know if I have enough freude in my schaden to handle Mourinho at Man Utd

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yanited backroom boys must hate having to resort to bringing in the Mou. But Chelski fans will hate it equally.

A couple years of success are what he's meant to promise, although surely this last season has tarnished that reputation somewhat. He's not exactly known for doing things the 'United way'. Their fans major complain this year is the lack of attacking football, well Mou isn't exactly known for that either. His last title winning team had a few of the world's most creative footballers but they played incredibly boring football for majority of the second half of that season. It was dire to watch. 

A strong league. Pep at City. No CL. A squad of youngsters and expensive flops. Not an easy job to take on. Especially when you compare it to the situation when old Sir Bacon Face left and Mou was first apparently being lined up for the job. Mou followed by CR7s glorious return was the line then. History has written a slightly different story. 

Okem said:
    Yanited backroom boys must hate having to resort to bringing in the Mou. But Chelski fans will hate it equally.

A couple years of success are what he's meant to promise, although surely this last season has tarnished that reputation somewhat. He's not exactly known for doing things the 'United way'. Their fans major complain this year is the lack of attacking football, well Mou isn't exactly known for that either. His last title winning team had a few of the world's most creative footballers but they played incredibly boring football for majority of the second half of that season. It was dire to watch. 

A strong league. Pep at City. No CL. A squad of youngsters and expensive flops. Not an easy job to take on. Especially when you compare it to the situation when old Sir Bacon Face left and Mou was first apparently being lined up for the job. Mou followed by CR7s glorious return was the line then. History has written a slightly different story. 
    No gimmee games in the PL anymore.  Good.

Skel gets his man crush back, but at the expense of secretly enjoying Un*ted bus-parking?  CAN THAT EVEN BE RECONCILED?!!?

I remain glass half-empty about Pep.  His tactics were great in the flat-track bully leagues, but there are no part-time fishermen sides here.

And there is no Messi at City to turn shit into gold.  A rude awakening, mid-table at Christmas.  Cue the return of the Un*ted strutteurs, so there is that.
    Duderonomy

I will say only this: today is yesterday's tomorrow.

That is all.

This means it's finally Arsenal's year?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    to drop out of the top 4..?

Could be an interesting summer & who knows what next season will bring. Betting odds are; Manchester City 13/8, Chelsea 5/1, Manchester Utd 11/2, Arsenal 6/1, Tottenham 7/1, Liverpool 8/1, Leicester 25/1 & West Ham 66/1. I'm guess Mou at United is what's inflating their odds, but to turn them around in one season seems unlikely. City under Pep should improve them, but their squad also needs some pep (i'll get me coat). Chelski can't be as bad as they were this season, but who knows how far the rot has set in. Spurs will probably be strong contenders again, although teams will play differently against them because of that, and as great a prospect as Ali is he really does seem to have a anger issues - banned for the Spuds final games & he's started shit in two international FRIENDLIES now, teams will exploit that. I can't see Arsenal winning it without an out and out striker, and those seem hard to find these days. Although players like Martial at United and Ousmane Dembele who's now at Dortmund would seem ideal candidates for Arsene, but he doesn't seem to go for young French starlets anymore for some reason. 

Thoughts on the Black Votes ad.

A vote winner for Brexit methinks.

skel said:
    Thoughts on the Black Votes ad.

A vote winner for Brexit methinks.

Not portraying whitey in the best way...

Not that any whitey can be asshurt, of course.

Youtube?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-operation-black-vote-brexit-poster-ethnic-minorities-a7049401.html

Teh Daily Mail's article on it would give you an idea of the 'upset' it's causing, but i wont be giving them the click throughs. Farage calling it “disgusting” and “trying to divide society”, is pretty golden. Any excuse to jump on the moral outrage train must be taken it seems. Doesn't actually matter where your principles actually lie, or what you're actions are, as long as you can feign outrage over some trifling matter and get to play crusader for 5 minutes. 

So let me guess.

This poster is not implying Brexiters are racist.
    And if the poster had, for example, an older Pakistani origin dude pointing finger at young white Yorkshire girl, Corbynista and them would be as silent as they are now.

And it would all be ok, yeah?

Just checking.

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    Do the people staying in that camp in France waiting to enter the UK get to vote?
    Duderonomy

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    skel said:
    So let me guess.

This poster is not implying Brexiters are racist.
    And if the poster had, for example, an older Pakistani origin dude pointing finger at young white Yorkshire girl, Corbynista and them would be as silent as they are now.

And it would all be ok, yeah?

Just checking.
    You're not comparing apples with apples. 

The idea that disenfranchised minorities should be encourage to vote is a valid one. Where's the parallel in your reversed example? Maybe in the alternate universe where such a poster could possibly make sense Corby has stuck by his historic position of being anti EU and UKIP isn't full of little Englanders, bigots and racists. http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/02/ukip-party-bigots-lets-look-evidence

But calling all Brexitters racists is dumb. The poster is dumb. As are so many of the things that have come out around this campaign. But I imagine the ad was made deliberately so, to get it as much coverage as possible. If anyone based their decision on how to vote solely off a reaction to this campaign then they're also dumb.  

I couldn't really care about any of it either way tbh, the first I heard of it was this thread. It's just another example of the new level of dumb both sides are reaching for.

The point used to be that not being racist/discriminating/bigoted, or being called out for racism/discrimination/bigotry, mattered because 'we' wanted to end the effect it had in the real world. These days all that seems to matter is how much outrage you can muster, than actual real world implications. It doesn't even matter if you're racist etc as long as long as you're not publicly caught behaving or supporting such behaviour. And convexly it doesn't matter how much a person actually does to fight against racism/discrimination/bigotry pitchforks will be drawn over any perceived public misstep. This is how, as long as it's never publicly cosigned by those in charge, you can have a major political party that's founded in bigotry. Which is actually more divisive to the country, that or this ad campaign?  

I scramble to find the fucks to give about this so called outrage. It's all political point scoring. None of it will matter in a month's time & the whole vote is a massive waste of time and more importantly money in the middle of a recession. The only benefit, from the inevitable IN vote, will be for the Tories to quell the Eurosceptics in their own camp. Taxpayers money well spent eh Daily Mail.