OFFICIAL '15-'16 NBA SEASON THREAD Mamba's Last?

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
Golden State is killin' out the gate.

Jahlil has a chip on his shoulder and will get the most playing time out of the rookie class and will
probably get ROY.

OKC will be fun to watch again.

Looking forward to Miami's resurgence hopefully.

Byron Scott needs to be fired.

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    It definitely should be Kobe's last. The wheels have officially fallen off.

I'm hoping Anthony Davis makes the leap this year.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    How does a great dynasty like the Lakers completely fall apart?
    How do you build a team around Kobe Bryant with players that don't want to play with him, or vice a versa?
    Has Kobe Bryant every played well with others?

The Blazers are trying to build a future competitive team using young talent.
    Has this ever been done in the era of free agency?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

LaserWolf said:
    How does a great dynasty like the Lakers completely fall apart?
    How do you build a team around Kobe Bryant with players that don't want to play with him, or vice a versa?
    Has Kobe Bryant every played well with others?
    They lose Shaq, they lose Phil Jackson, Kobe gets old. 

There are very few who "enjoy" playing with KB I think, past and present. 

I looked up the stats of the Lakers' first four games, and 1 out of 3 shots is a three-pointer.  And they are consistently giving up 110+ pts to the opposition.
    Pretty much nothing has changed since last season.  Byron Scott needs to be fired.  KB will retire soon.  And someone needs to buy-out the Busses.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i agree yui. byron scott is the worst. terrible coach, he could destroy any early rebuild they've got going.

Steph Curry is on pace to drop 540,000 three pointers. Heard it here first.

harrison barnes turned down 16M per before this season. If he stays healthy, he'll get more. He's totally legit in both forward spots--particularly in the small lineup. 

I need to pay for league pass. These janky non-sanctioned streams ain't cutting it. Does anyone here have experience with league pass via broadband? I'm looking at getting the one team subscription for the Warriors. First time in my life they've dominated national broadcasts, which sucks because I don't have cable and all the national broadcasts will be blacked-out, but I'll still manage to stream 60-ish games in HD (as long as anyone can vouch for the fact that it works without freezing too much.)

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    JimBeam said:
    harrison barnes turned down 16M per before this season. If he stays healthy, he'll get more. He's totally legit in both forward spots--particularly in the small lineup. 
    I'm not convinced on him yet. He has his moments, and looks like he could be awesome (has size, athleticism, shooting touch, solid D etc), but I dunno... something missing. Too soft? Or maybe just still young. Time will tell I guess.

JimBeam said:
    I need to pay for league pass. These janky non-sanctioned streams ain't cutting it. Does anyone here have experience with league pass via broadband?

League pass over broadband rules hard and worth every penny IMO. I mentioned a bit before in this thread about having trouble with it in the past but in the last 2 or 3 years, it's really been solid. I splurge and buy the full premium package. Every single game live and replay anytime in HD. 24x7 NBA TV channel. Video clips/highlights. All-star, playoffs and finals. Ability to switch between home or away commentators. This last one maybe a small thing but I think it's a great feature especially when watching certain teams (Clippers commentators... UGH, kill me now).

^^^ of course, YMMV depending on your location, internet connection etc. But for me it's great.

JimBeam said:
    i agree yui. byron scott is the worst. terrible coach, he could destroy any early rebuild they've got going.

Steph Curry is on pace to drop 540,000 three pointers. Heard it here first.

I need to pay for league pass. These janky non-sanctioned streams ain't cutting it. Does anyone here have experience with league pass via broadband? I'm looking at getting the one team subscription for the Warriors. First time in my life they've dominated national broadcasts, which sucks because I don't have cable and all the national broadcasts will be blacked-out, but I'll still manage to stream 60-ish games in HD (as long as anyone can vouch for the fact that it works without freezing too much.)
    Warriors still killin'.  At this rate, they'll win the West again.  Unless Rockets or Spurs get in a groove by season-end.

Sleeper is Utah Jazz.  Was watchin' em out League Pass tonight, and they move the ball well.

Memphis is off to a slow start but I think it's largely due to missing outside shots.  They had excellent ball movement. 
    I expect them to be in the thick of things come playoffs.

mattB said:
    JimBeam said:
    I'm not convinced on him yet. He has his moments, and looks like he could be awesome (has size, athleticism, shooting touch, solid D etc), but I dunno... something missing. Too soft? Or maybe just still young. Time will tell I guess.

Agreed. He just can't seem to put it all together and then keep it together. Somebody's gonna give him a shitload of money, though.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Re\Kobe:  Here is an interesting post on /r/nba that supposes that the reason Kobe has fallen off SO hard is not just because he is over the hill, but because he is trying to switch his shot up from a 2 motion shot to a 1 motion shot at a point in his career where it's too difficult to do so.  Long read but interesting and has lots of examples.  

I'm confused by my Wizards, man...kind of a rocky start.  It's early and their last two losses are to legitimate teams but I didn't expect to start the season 3-4.  I guess it's no big whoop at this point. 

Anyone watching/listening to Jalen and Jacoby?  Tons of NBA talk and it's possibly the only 'sports talk show' that I even remotely enjoy.  Good one to check out.  

• Fan signs aimed at DeAndre Jordan at last nights Clippers/Mavs game.

42% Free Throws 100% Coward
    There Is Only On Jordan And You Ain't Him
    Lamar Odom > DeAndre Jordan

El Prez

D'Angelo Russell is looking like a back-up PG rather than the #2 lottery pick.  I wanted Jahlil Okafor....

Fan signs aimed at DeAndre Jordan at last nights Clippers/Mavs game.

42% Free Throws 100% Coward
    There Is Only On Jordan And You Ain't Him
    Lamar Odom > DeAndre Jordan

And:

Your word is as good as your free throw percentage!

Where yall at?  Batmon, Motown, Big_Stacks, JP, Vintageinfants?

Will GSW get 70 wins? 

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Hey Yuichi,

I'm here, just busy on the grind.  The Warriors-Lakers game last night was hard to watch, with Kobe looking like a shadow of his former self.  As Charles Barkley says, "father time is undefeated."  Who knows, the Warriors have a shot at winning 70 games.  They look unstoppable right now as their offensive unselfishness and team defense is winning the day.  The West isn't looking that great right now, although the Mavs and Spurs potentially could be promising foes.  It's hard to tell right now, overall, as the season has just begun.  Also, it's nice to see Paul George beastin' in Indiana.  He's a good guy I want to see do well.  The Bulls are playing well, but I think it's time to coronate Jimmy Butler as 'the man' in Chi-Town.  They might think about dealing either dealing Derrick Rose before the trade deadline, or perhaps, making him the 2nd instead of the 1st option.  That's all for now, I guess, and I look forward to seeing how the 2015-2016 season plays out.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey Yuichi,

I'm here, just busy on the grind.  The Warriors-Lakers game last night was hard to watch, with Kobe looking like a shadow of his former self.  As Charles Barkley says, "father time is undefeated."  Who knows, the Warriors have a shot at winning 70 games.  They look unstoppable right now as their offensive unselfishness and team defense is winning the day.  The West isn't looking that great right now, although the Mavs and Spurs potentially could be promising foes.  It's hard to tell right now, overall, as the season has just begun.  Also, it's nice to see Paul George beastin' in Indiana.  He's a good guy I want to see do well.  The Bulls are playing well, but I think it's time to coronate Jimmy Butler as 'the man' in Chi-Town.  They might think about dealing either dealing Derrick Rose before the trade deadline, or perhaps, making him the 2nd instead of the 1st option.  That's all for now, I guess, and I look forward to seeing how the 2015-2016 season plays out.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Kobe is definitely done.  So is the Lakers' season. 

Paul George is cool, but I've never been sold on him.  He's a star player but don't know if he's the guy that will take the team over the top.

Jimmy Butler is dope.  It's quite evident now that D. Rose will never be the same.  He is nursing his knees for sure.

• Kobe has no more business playing than Kevin McHale does.

Make me Emperor and I'd eliminate the 3 point shot every other year, just to fuck with everyone.

On another note, Clippers are still the same team.  They've been beaten by GSW TWICE already.  Game over.  Time to shuffle the roster after this year.  

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:

Paul George is cool, but I've never been sold on him.  He's a star player but don't know if he's the guy that will take the team over the top.

Keep sleeping.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Keep sleeping.
    Looks like he's having a great year so far.  The real question is whether he can get them past Lebron.  Can he?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Bulls didn't hit a field goal in the final 6.5 minutes and still won, against the Spurs 

white_tea said:
    Bulls didn't hit a field goal in the final 6.5 minutes and still won, against the Spurs 
    That defense Jimmy Butler played on the final possession was cold as fuck. Stayed glued to Kawhi, didn't go for the fake, forced a crazy hard shot. Love that dude, even when he's doing it to my squad.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Keep sleeping.
    Looks like he's having a great year so far.  The real question is whether he can get them past Lebron.  Can he?
    It wont be him going solo, it will be a team effort if they can go that far. His assists have increased so hes expanding his game.

My X-factor come playoffs will be Monta Ellis. 

When the defenses focus on the Batmans who is gonna be Robins and Batgirls?

I wanna see what a healthy Cleveland looks like down the line. 

Steph the chef Curry MAKING 5 Three pointers a game.......

Hassan Whiteside.  Continuing what he started last season.  

Will GSW have an undefeated season?

LaserWolf said:
    Will GSW have an undefeated season?

Last year they went 67-15.  This year it's on auto-pilot.  You can put just about any NBA coach (including Byron Scott) and
    they'll have a similar record.

Anybody hoooommme?

Bucks are the best team in the NBA!