beastie boys appreciation

13»

Comments

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    I think the OG was strictly one LP.

yes.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    Hey magic_jackson, can you just post a yousendit link right here in the thread? I'm sure a lot of people on here would like to get those demos (I know I would).

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    phil/pkny... ...

• Hey magic_jackson, can you just post a yousendit link right here in the thread? I'm sure a lot of people on here would like to get those demos (I know I would).

one word. dope.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Was it ever released on double LP mine is single and sounds like ass. I have the CD too, but I would love to have a double LP version.

Grand Royal reissued PB on double LP a few years back, I want to say 98 or 99. I think the OG was strictly one LP.

I think there's also a green vinyl version of PB as well.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    phil/pkny... ...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    has anyone actually eaten at the Paul's Boutique restaurant yet............looks rather corny, I walked by it the other day.

oh yeah, so whatcha want video really brings back memories.

• oh yeah, so whatcha want video really brings back memories.

they were shrooming during the filming of that video....

I finally got the priveledge to meet Adrock last year at Coachella.

Paul's Boutique will always be considered one of the best albums ever to me.

• phil/pkny... ...

Aw mang. What's the qualifications to get on that board...or....mind sharing w/ fake heads?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Bumpin' this right about now:

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Bumpin' this right about now:

320 download please!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

The Beastie Boys are one of the most influential groups in hip-hop history. Their influence on hip-hop production alone is worthy of legendary status. "Paul's Boutique" is one of the best hip-hop LPs in hip-hop history. I'm a huge Beastie Boy fan, and I will always ride for those cats. RIP MCA.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    90 minute freestyle mix I made on the morning I awoke to hear mca had passed

• johnblackjohnblack 147 Posts
    Independent Seattle radio station, KEXP will be digging deep into the Beastie Boys celebrated 1989 record, Paul’s Boutique during a marathon twelve-hour broadcast on Friday, July 24th.

The broadcast starts bright and early at 6:00 AM PST with the much loved KEXP morning DJ, John Richards who will start the Beastie Ball rolling with the first few tracks from Paul’s Boutique, as well as some of the 100+ songs that were sampled on the record. The meticulously curated broadcast will continue until 6:00 PM, running through both KEXP’s Mid-Day and Afternoon shows.

During the course of the broadcast KEXP will air brand new interviews with the co-producers of Paul’s Boutique, The Dust Brothers (John King and Mike Simpson), as well as exclusive archival chat with the Beastie Boys. KEXP has really been hyping this broadcast, and it’s not hard to understand why. I spoke to John Richards via email and asked him some questions about the Beasties, and the experience of pulling the twelve-hour marathon together.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/radio_station_to_perform_live_12-hour_dissection_of_pauls_boutique