Pics from Rey’s place

124»

Comments

• You got well over 100K spent on your set up

Everybody, c'mon, plaese to stop talking about 100K? We already established an 80K Record Player, fer Chrissakes. Did you look at this room? Somebody designed this shit, and I'm gambling it wasn't Rey with a Do-It-Yourself home studio guide. I'm gambling the room is all tuned and shit--whatever that means--and note: without any of that egg crate foam padding they usually use for that stuff. I don't know about accoustics, but I think that hard wood makes for echoes unless there's some mega hi-tech business going on about the distances between this and that and the dimensions and blahblahblah.

Basically, my point is that I'll gamble pretty large that the bottom line on this studio is closer to 1000K than 100K.

The walls look to be a custom fabric install with absorptive backing. Wooden areas work as diffusors, evenly spread out reflections, to help balance out the amount of sound energy that is absorbed. Ceiling wells have custom panels, probably an absorption / diffusion mixture. There's definetly is some hi-tech business regarding distances between this and that (golden ratios of room dimension). But unless the room was built from scratch with acoustics in mind it isn't likely. My guess would be $50k plus in acoustics alone.

• finally , we have some with anuff money to shuttle thaer ass up
    2 tha moon and get the missing East of Underground lpeez..

Do you intentionally write this way, or are you superpoaster[/b]?

• finally , we have some with anuff money to shuttle thaer ass up
    2 tha moon and get the missing East of Underground lpeez..

Do you intentionally write this way, or are you sooperpoaster[/b]?

whoa thats a little harsh for some intentional misspelling. gimme a braek, i corrected what needed to be. this is a thread about reys north and south pole listening rooms, not another grammar haetter thread. the only thing called for was a Nelson Muntz style Ha-Ha

carry on.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    But I thought ... oh never mind.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    lols,
    the magic 3 shells that have extremely positive effect on transparency

Price: CHF 320.00/set of three

"Wooden lenses from Arbelos Elektroakustik have to be installed under CD players, preamplifiers and amplifiers"

The ???elastic??? placement needs a bit of practice. Knobs and buttons should be operated gently (our counter-held with the fingertips from below) otherwise the placement is offset. The wood of woodLenses should be treated with respect, as hard as it is.

And, by the way: After inventing them they were found to look and feel extremely ???nice???...

Dimensions: 40 mm x 25 mm (D x h) with slight manufacturing tolerances***[/b].

***- every saturday my 5 year old helps daddy sand wOoDeNlEnSeS

• Is this the remote?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

geez. did you know theres breaks on that jumping leo sayer record? Its pretty rare though, so snatch it if you see it out in the field.

also, 100k is bitch money.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

geez. did you know theres breaks on that jumping leo sayer record? Its pretty rare though, so snatch it if you see it out in the field.

Nah, I'm saving my bitch money for that Sergio Mendes LP with the futbol players on the cover.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Damn Rey. When did you upgrade?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

ive been there. so many subtlties in ratatouille that you just dont get with the average stereo setup. only a true audiophile could tell the difference.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

ive been there. so many subtlties in ratatouille that you just dont get with the average stereo setup. only a true audiophile could tell the difference.
    I'm pretty new to Soulstrut so I don'tknow what's up with this cat .... IS THIS SERIOUS????? This doesn't look like a real home setup.

That other setup showed at first seemed slightly posible although I would be surprised .....

• That other setup showed at first seemed slightly posible although I would be surprised .....

Soulstrut: Where the "slightly posible" is routine.

• I'm pretty new to Soulstrut so I don'tknow what's up with this cat .... IS THIS SERIOUS?????

Oh it's serious. My advice would be to leave this thread now. Rey's been known to get vindictive on people who doubt him. Someone on here thought this wasn't real and Rey put in a call to dude's building manager, offered double the rent, got him evicted, and then used his apartment to store one rca cable. What does Rey need with an rca cable? Nothing, his cables are made by NASA.

go now!!!

:face_melt:

Hahahahahahaha....

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    So classique.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    whooo!!!

In my private mind garden Rey bought this place as a big fuck you.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    DOR said:

Rey sold all his records and drives for UBER now.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    RAJ said:
    DOR said:

Rey sold all his records and drives for UBER now.

He's a friendly stranger in the black sedan, won't you hop inside his car?
    He's got pictures, candy, he's a lovable man and he can take you to the nearest star