Where the F*%k is the 2014 NBA Thread?!?!!

Comments

• and for the record, if the soulstrut streetball game DOES go down, i'm turning all y'all into bambi on a frozen pond.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    and for the record, if the soulstrut streetball game DOES go down, i'm turning all y'all into bambi on a frozen pond.

Hey VintageInfants,

I walk the talk! Yuichi doesn't want any of this! My old age and cunning would be his undoing. I bet he can't even dribble or finish with the weak hand. I'd guard him strong side and shut him down like I do to those one-handed dudes at the park.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    This has to happen.
    Soulstrut Basketball throw down summer 2016.

Having zero skills I will be a spectator.
    You all decide a time and place, I will be there.

• i'm a lost cause in 1v1 situations, but i assure that if a full court run starts i'm finishing 20-30 points and assists. steady on that white boy facilitating shit.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    i'm a lost cause in 1v1 situations, but i assure that if a full court run starts i'm finishing 20-30 points and assists. steady on that white boy facilitating shit.

Translation - can't play defense

• batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    i'm a lost cause in 1v1 situations, but i assure that if a full court run starts i'm finishing 20-30 points and assists. steady on that white boy facilitating shit.

Translation - can't play defense

even as a 6'2" point guard with limited speed, i could still count the amount of times i played with my back to the bucket on one hand. pick and pop, drive and kick, push my assignment towards traffic.... what im saying is I'm a LOT better offensively and defensively in a set, and I'm not going to front like I create my own shot off the dribble at this age.

there's a LOT more billy hoyle than sidney deane in my game.

Would u take Javelle MgHee in Toronto for the stretch run to the Playoffs or u dont really need a big?

• batmon said:
    Would u take Javelle MgHee in Toronto for the stretch run to the Playoffs or u dont really need a big?

I'm hesitant to say yes, but considering Amir johnson's ankles have been at 25% or less all year I'm going to say that another big at league minimum couldn't hurt. If it was November/December id say definitely not, but it doesn't seem like there's any chemistry to disrupt at this point of the season.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    Vin Baker?

Awww man, that shit was a bummer. I rooted for Vin and was stoked on his success. Really sad he couldn't overcome his demons.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Stacks,

Owing to our cultural backgrounds (if I'm assuming correctly about yours), I'm sure you can understand why I would dislike faulty assumptions being made about me.

This is the only point that I would apologize on. If I offended you, I am sorry.

The other shit is that raw, unfiltered trash talking. In my experience, it's just that when an NBA fan has a home team they root for, they are less hyper-critical as a fan.

To ME, sports is the ultimate subjective asshole-tendency outlet.

I am merely about pointing out the obvious. Tony Parker has been great since 2000. Miami was the heavy favorite and their defense was one of the best I've seen in years on those championship squads. GSW is different from prior years and I fell in love with their homecourt upon visiting.

From what I've read from you Stacks, the impression I get is "In the old days, they played with certain grit and with team-emphasis" and "These younger athletes don't know how to play with poise, high IQ, etc". I hate to keep repeating the same, but just know the landscape has changed, and appreciate what is out there!

Don't hate, appreciate.

FUCK THE GRIZZLIES.

As for playing the game.....

Stacks - He'll try to bully his way in the paint, I'll pull the chair on him, and he'll probably hurt his back. From there, it's easy pickings.

Vintageinfants - Every time, he'd bully his way to the cup with his size, I'd yell "Hey there's Drake!" and he'll miss the layup. I'll give him the three, cuz he got no range.

Batmon - First off, I'll wear some nice kicks to keep his attention focused on my feet. He doesn't play defense looking at the waist and squared up, so I'll break his ankles. Easy pickings from there.

vintageinfants said:
    and for the record, if the soulstrut streetball game DOES go down, i'm turning all y'all into bambi on a frozen pond.

Frozen pond bra? Keep those Hockey metaphors in canada!!!!

Go Lakers

How the fuck can a Lakers fan rep another state team? The fuckin Lakers.

Knick fans dont rep the Nets.

Mets fans dont rep the Yankees.

batmon said:
    Go Lakers

If by "GSW plays great team ball. And they are different from prior years. I love the atmosphere at Oracle." and defending the fact that they are different from prior years is "reppin", then I guess I am reppin.

You haven't seen me in other years saying that about the Warriors. Ask motown or JP or Jimbeam.

• yuichi said:
    i'd hate to see Smush go. i'll give up lamar and half our roster for KG.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    Go Lakers

If by "GSW plays great team ball. And they are different from prior years. I love the atmosphere at Oracle." and defending the fact that they are different from prior years is "reppin", then I guess I am reppin.

You haven't seen me in other years saying that about the Warriors. Ask motown or JP or Jimbeam.

The only thing different is that they are winning. Its the same team as last year.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    After the 127-94 trouncing that the Mavs took from LeBoring and Co. at home last night I only have one thing to say.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Every time the Warriors play the Mavs the TV commentators have pointed out that Dallas has a horrible record vs winning teams this season. Can't remember the number but it does not bode well for the playoffs. Again, Dallas appears all offense and no defense this year.

Rockadelic said:
    After the 127-94 trouncing that the Mavs took from LeBoring and Co. at home last night I only have one thing to say.

U better hope they can get the 5 or 6, cause 7 or 8 is daunting come first round.

I thought SAS were bound for last place in the west.
    They have moved up to sixth and are only 4.5 games behind the Grizzles.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    I thought SAS were bound for last place in the west.

You and me both. Looks like Parker is finally coming around, though--that's huge.

And by last place I meant 8th.

I obviously like And1 shit (the OG series from Vol. 1-5).

Kyrie Irving just went bananas on the Spurs. Illest crossover in the game right now.

Looks like Lebron is focused now too after his injuries.

"whomever is hot at the moment I ride!"

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Batmon,

Last night's Cavs vs Spurs game shows how key pysche is to winning games. All Leonard had to do is make one of the free throws, game over. Otherwise, SAS played a great game. Will and skills are necessary and Irving showed both last night. K. Love is an abysmal defender and it's going to hurt the Cavs in the playoffs if the don't address (perhaps with double-team schemes).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Lebron seems to go to his fugly (and still only average) jump shot more and more often. Or maybe it's just me? Like his three at the end of OT against the Spurs. There is always plenty of time remaining on the clock and it is usually contested. Or he has a switched miss-match who can't stay with him but he'll still just pull up. Just bad shots... except that they magically, occasionally go in so he continues. Makes me cringe every time. And I like Lebron.

Reminds me a bit of Josh Smith. But not that horrifyingly bad obviously.

batmon said:
    "whomever is hot at the moment I ride!"

why the fuck not. I ain't pulling for the Cavs.

You don't like Kyrie? He's what you New Yorkers call "nice". Maybe you would ride if he was doing that in the 80s, you know when you were 25 or something.

Big_Stacks said:
    Hey Batmon,

Last night's Cavs vs Spurs game shows how key pysche is to winning games. All Leonard had to do is make one of the free throws, game over. Otherwise, SAS played a great game. Will and skills are necessary and Irving showed both last night. K. Love is an abysmal defender and it's going to hurt the Cavs in the playoffs if the don't address (perhaps with double-team schemes).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Kevin Love is obviously the odd man out. Same thing they said with Pau Gasol or Chris Bosh. "Soft", "inconsistent", "Not what they were with their previous team". You don't need another star player already loaded with superstars. Both Gasol and Bosh saved their star's asses on many nights.

mattB said:
    Lebron seems to go to his fugly (and still only average) jump shot more and more often. Or maybe it's just me? Like his three at the end of OT against the Spurs. There is always plenty of time remaining on the clock and it is usually contested. Or he has a switched miss-match who can't stay with him but he'll still just pull up. Just bad shots... except that they magically, occasionally go in so he continues. Makes me cringe every time. And I like Lebron.

Bron is shooting a lower percentage across the field, but he did start off slow. Still shooting 49% from the field, which is really really good.
    Last two years in Miami, he shot 56% which is unheard of, in the modern era as a shooting guard/point-forward/whatever whatever.

The same concern I would have if I were a Warriors fan is that they are clearly in love with the J, and have maybe strayed a little from the balanced inside/outside attack they had pre-Allstar weekend. Which was a damn beautiful thing to see. When Speights is hitting that mid-range, Curry/Klay attacking the rim, and Green doing all the dirty work, they are at their best. Shit obviously opens up the perimeter, when they are doing this.

The formula is there for both Cavs/Warriors that don't have a big man, taking turn-around 2 footers. An open mid-range shot, or easy lay-ins are high-percentage.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    yuichi said:
    mattB said:

Bron is shooting a lower percentage across the field, but he did start off slow. Still shooting 49% from the field, which is really really good.
    Last two years in Miami, he shot 56% which is unheard of, in the modern era as a shooting guard/point-forward/whatever whatever.
    Yeah I mean he's still unbelievable but I dunno... maybe Im tuning in at the wrong times but these jumpers just stand out to me.

yuichi said:
    The same concern I would have if I were a Warriors fan is that they are clearly in love with the J, and have maybe strayed a little from the balanced inside/outside attack they had pre-Allstar weekend. Which was a damn beautiful thing to see. When Speights is hitting that mid-range, Curry/Klay attacking the rim, and Green doing all the dirty work, they are at their best. Shit obviously opens up the perimeter, when they are doing this.

The formula is there for both Cavs/Warriors that don't have a big man, taking turn-around 2 footers. An open mid-range shot, or easy lay-ins are high-percentage.

Not sure about this. The mid-range is about the worst shot you can take, statistically speaking.