Where the F*%k is the 2014 NBA Thread?!?!!

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    yuichi said:
    So easy for a fan to proclaim SAS as the model team now (team ball, yadax2).

I been saying Tony Parker is a HOF'er and top 3 Pg in the league like 5 years ago.

b/w

You don't rack up wins by purely highlights. The Hawks/Warriors are untested, but that's what makes them wildcards and creates some drama. You give credit where credit is due, and those two teams have thus far played the most consistent basketball (regular season or not).

b/w

Everything looks good when your team has one of the worst records.

Hey Yuichi,

I'm not a Spurs fan, just a basketball fan and observer. You said it right, the Warriors and Hawks are untested. I'm not taking anything away from those teams. I just want to see if their styles of play translate well to the postseason. Can those young cats execute effectively at crunch time, deep in the playoffs (assuming they get there)? This remains to be seen.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Warriors supposedly have won 19 straight with Bogut in the line-up.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:

Where were you last 2 seasons when the Warriors were building up to this?

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Where were you last 2 seasons when the Warriors were building up to this?

I was busy bashing them for not being legit. Same thing I was doing with the Clippers. And I haven't seen any improvement from them.
    They are basically Spurs 2.0 with how they move the ball. They're a different team than last year.

If you remember, I was also bashing on the 8th seed Warriors taking the 1st seed Mavs that one year too.

It's simple. I'm a fan of good basketball. And fuck it, i'll root for them if they make it deep.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The playoffs are the playoffs.

The Warriors have had the best record for half the season now.
    SAS are in 11th? place.

It's the Spurs not the Warriors that are looking questionable in the playoffs.

Atlanta is doing well this month, Raptors were good last month, Cav's are about to move ahead of Chicago.

Back in Portland LA is out, thumb injury.
    But our other "big" man stepped up last night with the inside play.

You cant make clear assessments about May/June in January.
    Teams can get hot right before the Playoffs and leapfrog over the predicted teams.

And the Warriors have yet to WIN a Playoff series.

I've learned my lesson doubting the Spurs. None of these top 4 teams want to see them in the first round, if they are healthy and rested. Pop would run circles around Kerr in a Seven game series.

Experience is a Mutha. Sleeping on it is a Muthafucka.

• batmon said:
    Pop would run circles around Kerr in a Seven game series.

lest we forget ol' stevesie is a former pop disciple. there's pages of that playbook he never got to see i'll bet.

i'm loving watching GSW play right now, just like everyone else.... i just cant recall a team getting chipped up with jump shots and fastbreak points. if experience is any teacher, i'd say that portland has the opportunity for a deeper run based strictly on lamarcus aldridge, who when healthy is a playoff stage 5 kaiju.

I'm not doubting the importance of experience and inside play.
    But the Warriors are definitely doing something right, and until someone proves them wrong...

LaserWolf said:
    But the Warriors are definitely doing something right, and until someone proves them wrong...

Why arent your saying the same about Atlanta?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Please keep sleeping on Dallas.

They haven't played great....Rondo is still figuring out the system.

Yet we have only 4 less wins than the Warriors and two less than Portland.

Keep sleeping

Rockadelic said:

Keep sleeping

Should I be sleeping on Parsons "Parsons could be a 20/8/6 dude....possibly this year"?

But yes 4 wins isnt a huge gap. So this Number 1 seed hype is just that.
    ATL has more wins...what does that mean???

What's the [strong]Eye Test[/strong] say?

Rockadelic said:

Keep sleeping

Should I be sleeping on Parsons "Parsons could be a 20/8/6 dude....possibly this year"?

I definitely said 20/8/5 was possible at the outset....with Rondo it's less likely

He has posted 15.4/5/3 which is certainly not terrible and better than Ariza who took his place in Houston and was supposed to be an upgrade.

The Mavs have promise in the second half and they certainly have that Playoff experience a couple deep into the bench

• kenyon martin to the bucks is significant.

batmon said:
    LaserWolf said:

Why arent your saying the same about Atlanta?

Atlanta is in the East, they were trailing Toronto 3 weeks ago.
    As I said, another month they may be trailing Chicago, or Cleveland, or Wizards.
    How you can compare them to any Western team beside the Timberwolves I don't see.

Dallas, OKC and SAS are legit, despite trailing Atlanta.
    If Atlanta remains on top for another month or 2 I will start taking notice.

Mostly I'm just making noise. I'm not watching basketball and sports center all day like you guys.
    Still, even just casually following it's clear that the good East teams have an easier road than the great West teams.

Rockadelic said:

Keep sleeping

I definitely said 20/8/5 was possible at the outset....with Rondo it's less likely

He has posted 15.4/5/3 which is certainly not terrible and better than Ariza who took his place in Houston and was supposed to be an upgrade.

The Mavs have promise in the second half and they certainly have that Playoff experience a couple deep into the bench

Where do the Mavs have to be in the bracket to meet w/ GSW in the Playoffs?
    1 plays 8
    2 plays 7
    3 plays 6
    4 plays 5

I want a "payback" game..if both teams look around then.

Rockadelic said:

Keep sleeping

Where do the Mavs have to be in the bracket to meet w/ GSW in the Playoffs?
    1 plays 8
    2 plays 7
    3 plays 6
    4 plays 5

I want a "payback" game..if both teams look around then.

Might happen but not in the first round

That will never be a true rivalry because Don Nelson was the x-factor in that 2007 Series

One of the best pre-game handshakes ever. MMA-style stare-down.

Like many teams, Houston has no fuckin' idea what to do with Golden State.

Bogut....

End of the 3rd, shit is on cruise mode...

OKC = still elite

And Deeetroit getting some wins yo. Brandon Jennings got some new life with Josh Smith leaving lol

Steph Curry just TOYING with this Rockets team....OH MY GOD AMARE DUNKED! Ish

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    yuichi said:

Bogut....

OKC = still elite

Hey Yuichi,

Houston is overrated and Dwight Howard is downright useless inside. It's like he has a handful of thumbs. They have NO chance at the chip.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    yuichi said:

Bogut....

OKC = still elite

Hey Yuichi,

Houston is overrated and Dwight Howard is downright useless inside. It's like he has a handful of thumbs. They have NO chance at the chip.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Howard's never been assertive. James Harden is obviously ball dominant. And the rest of the Rockets just take their shots where they can get 'em. Not a good balance. I don't hate this team, and if they tighten up their D a little more, I can definitely see the potential.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Klay Thompson's unreal quarter

Draymond Green "Video games are real now"

• that was one of the greatest performances ive ever seen. i almost couldn't sleep last night.

he just turned into a ball of pure shooting energy.

There is no cheat for that.

Devastating injury for B. Jennings, just when you thought Detroit had the ball rolling. Ruptured Achilles. Time for DJ Augustin to step it up. He'll get some playing time.

• yuichi said:
    Devastating injury for B. Jennings, just when you thought Detroit had the ball rolling. Ruptured Achilles. Time for DJ Augustin to step it up. He'll get some playing time.

he said on twitter it would be 6 to 9 months.... at least the poor little guy is staying positive. he won't score a bucket professionally until after Allstar 2016.

as someone who just went through a 90% tear, I assure you he would have been a lot better off just tearing the whole thing.

Big_Stacks said:
    Hey Yuichi,

Did you notice how much trouble GSW had with OKC taking the ball inside and defending on the perimeter? That game provided a little evidence of why I have misgivings about GSW. They really have bad offensive possessions sometimes (hell, OKC does too), and they don't defend that well in the paint. Jumpers don't fall as well in game 5 of the playoffs when you're down 3-1 (for instance). I'm really looking ahead to playoff time in my comments about GSW and a lot of other teams that like to play a lot on the perimeter (e.g., Houston, Toronto, OKC, Portland, etc.). Again, if GSW shore up the above issues, then they will be serious contenders for the chip.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Gasol had 18 points and 16 rebounds, and Joakim Noah had 18 points and 15 rebounds as the Bulls pounded the Warriors down low. They outrebounded Golden State 61 to 48.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    and what do those two games have in common? no bogut or back up center Ezeli. and the Warriors beat the Bulls in the first game and took the series with OKC 3-1.

motown67 said:
    and what do those two games have in common? no bogut or back up center Ezeli. and the Warriors beat the Bulls in the first game and took the series with OKC 3-1.

Bogut played in the first matchup and the Bulls out-rebounded GSW by 10.