New DjDay!

1234568»

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    This is very well done. I can almost taste Cheeky's bacon flight while watching it!

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    as someone who owns all of dj day's releases, i feel stupid for not yet having copped or listened to this one yet.
    it shall be moved to the top of my list!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Herm said:
    This is very well done. I can almost taste Cheeky's bacon flight while watching it!

makes me want to booka light and stay at the ace

i've been listening to the album with my daughters a lot..they love the sonic textures

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I just caught the david crobsy sample

I've been listenening to a 1000 chances with my daughters a lot and they are mesmerized

the record just gets better and better

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    Listened between Phoenix and Sedona.

Managed to listen to this on a drive from San Diego to Scottsdale through the desert.....felt right.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Another round of thanks!
    This album has been a great and inspiring listen, in heavy rotation recently.

pcmr said:

Fuckers!
    Piecelock70 - emptying wallets since 2004.

;-)

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    facesd said:
    Listened between Phoenix and Sedona.

Managed to listen to this on a drive from San Diego to Scottsdale through the desert.....felt right.

My experience was Tucson to Palm Springs and back again. Followed by a 5 hour Yacht Rock solo singalong session interspersed with texts-while-driving (I know, I know...) with Day about the magic and wonder of certain AM Gold classics.

• highnoteshighnotes 66 Posts
    pcmr said:

Insta-Copped!

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts

Piecelock70 - emptying wallets since 2004.

;-)
    yup

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I rarely even get a chance to play records (mostly listen to music in the car these days), but I copped this and more mainly because I like the effort going into these products and want to support that. Nice work duders.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I've found this record to be an especially great soundtrack for the waning hours of hot days with post-8:00pm sunsets.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Going back through this thread tonight and I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you all how much your support and posts mean to me. I sincerely can't thank you all enough. Knowing that something I set out to make as a personal, aural picture of my life at the time has become a part of someone's life in a completely unforeseen context (wedding proposal? Really?) is amazing and entirely humbling to me. It just goes to show that once you create something and let it out to the world it is no longer yours. And that's a powerful and inspiring thing.

Again, thank you all for the kind words and I'm genuinely glad you guys dig the album. It makes everything that went into it that much more worthwhile.

And for real, Thes deserves all the props he gets. This would've never seen the light of day without his encouragement and faith in this whole thing. Not to mention his tireless, dedicated work ethic that's still going on to this day. Words can't express what I owe to this dude.

Eternally grateful,
    Day

• Proud to announce the release of DJ Day Serato Control Vinyl 2xLP with exclusive remixes of the album.

Also, get 20% off storewide today with coupon code CYBER20

• Scoopededed!

Thank you, sir!

Still sounding great Day. From a DJ's point-of-view, it's always a tough job picking a tune to follow up from one of your tracks.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Yes this still gets regular play around here.

It is filed thusly:

[instagram photo of my shelf labeled The Good Shit] --- removed cuz it was messing the thread formatting

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This will be a go-to summer record for years as far as I'm concerned.

dubz

b/w

EDIT: played the title track at a rooftop party here in Barcelona, think everyone was feeling the vibes. The last segment of that track gives me goosebumps everytime.

Thanks Day AND Thes.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Still sounding great Day. From a DJ's point-of-view, it's always a tough job picking a tune to follow up from one of your tracks.

same here

although its more about which one to play i cant play them all for me

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    pcmr said:
    Duderonomy said:

same here

although its more about which one to play i cant play them all for me

Yep. I can't really just put on one song. It's an end-to-end burner. Deserves the full play treatment.

Thanks again Day for making such fucking great music!!!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Driving through the desert in the evening time while listening to this record = :cool:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Yeah. I still play this album on the regular. Recent highlight was our Southwest road trip. Whether it was Mama Shelter on 15 on the way to LA. VQ driving thru Palm Springs. Or Partir on Route 66. Great Album.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Wow.

My dudes (& dudettes), this thread, and the year after resurrection has me beyond humbled. I didn't really chime in because in all honesty, this is beyond anything I ever expected and was a little overwhelming. I can't thank you all enough for the support. And I'm still floored this thread got bumped after all this time. it gives me hope that what we created will hopefully stand the test of time.

With all that said, I really need to say to Soulstrut and the world on a whole that this record wouldn't - and couldn't have existed without Thes. This is no hyperbole, I'm giving credit where it's due. He did more than I could ever explain on here. From helping motivate me to record, to booking session musicians and recording, to spending countless hours (over the phone!) mixing it down., to calling in favors on mastering (3X), to getting us into Bernie Grundman's studio, to dealing with my manic self ad infinitum, to the point that it damn near fractured our friendship. And that truly is not even the half. He deserves, in my opinion, just as much credit for this record as anything I did. I seriously love this dude like a brother and I'm blessed to have him be an integral part of an experience I will never forget in my life.

Sincerely, thanks to everyone here for having our back. Strut familia por vida ­ƒÖÅ

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    it is clear that this record encompasses a lot of personal issues and ive mentionned to you before it helped me get through the biggest distress in my own life but you can be proud to have put out a personal piece of art that will stand the test of time and one da a lil dude will wonder what is that wine drinking dog record and proceed to have his mind blown

now what about an east coast tour?