ppadilha said:
    Draw me like one of your French girls

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Okem said:
    ppadilha said:
    Draw me like one of your French girls

I was thinking Mr June, 2014.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,888 Posts
    I have met Wenger and can confirm he was alright.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    The Wiggles get in on the 'take the piss out of Suarez' game.

• covecove 1,566 Posts

• CastenedaCasteneda 100 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Hate the USA kits.
    Buttons?

This is the first (mens) world cup I have followed this closely.
    Came to the game through women's collegiate play. When I started going to UP games Clive Charles was the coach. Players out of UP include Canadian stars Christine Sinclair, Sophie Schmidt (Saw both of them play in Portland last night). Also Shannon McMillan, Stephanie Lopez (Cox), Tiffeny Milbrett, Megan Rapinoe. Even though UP is a tiny college nearly every US pro soccer team has an alum playing.

Hey, I went to University of Portland. What years were you there? I was there from 1995-2000, contemplated walking on to the UP men's Soccer team, but instead ended up playing lots of pickup games with them during the offseason. I remember those Clive Charles teams well

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    damm lucky

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    And that, my American friends, is why we love football. Quite possibly one of the greatest games I have ever seen.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Uruguay without Suárez is like Harold Melvin without the Blue Notes.

That Rodrigues goal though :face_melt:

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    it seems his goals are getting better every game

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    And that, my American friends, is why we love football. Quite possibly one of the greatest games I have ever seen.

Brazil v Chile? You could feel the country's nutsack tightening with every blown possession.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Brazil (toby.d)
    vs
    Chile (gene Pontecorvo)

Colombia (jlee)
    vs
    Uruguay (musicdelalma)

France (flomotion)
    vs
    Nigeria (1000fm)

Germany (okem)
    vs
    Algeria (cai)

Holland (Bassie)
    vs
    Mexico (Duder)

Costa Rica (DB Cooper)
    vs
    Greece (lokoone)

Argentina (DOR)
    vs
    Switzerland (paralax)

Belgium (utters)
    vs
    USA (pcmr)

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Casteneda said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Hate the USA kits.
    Buttons?

Came to the game through women's collegiate play. When I started going to UP games Clive Charles was the coach. Players out of UP include Canadian stars Christine Sinclair, Sophie Schmidt (Saw both of them play in Portland last night). Also Shannon McMillan, Stephanie Lopez (Cox), Tiffeny Milbrett, Megan Rapinoe. Even though UP is a tiny college nearly every US pro soccer team has an alum playing.

Hey, I went to University of Portland. What years were you there? I was there from 1995-2000, contemplated walking on to the UP men's Soccer team, but instead ended up playing lots of pickup games with them during the offseason. I remember those Clive Charles teams well

GTFO!
    Never went. Started going to games in 2001(?) 1st Championship year was 2008. Been going to most games ever since.
    Are you still in Portland?
    We have a Women's pro team now with Sinclair on the roster.
    The men's team has gone way down hill since Clive's death.

• CastenedaCasteneda 100 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Casteneda said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Hate the USA kits.
    Buttons?

GTFO!
    Never went. Started going to games in 2001(?) 1st Championship year was 2008. Been going to most games ever since.
    Are you still in Portland?
    We have a Women's pro team now with Sinclair on the roster.
    The men's team has gone way down hill since Clive's death.

I do not live in Portland anymore. Moved from Portland to Phoenix around 2003, now live in Seattle, but make my way down there a few times a year. Haven't attended a UP men's or women's game in over 10 years, but have followed them a little bit from afar, though not as much as I should. I did not realize Sinclair was playing on the Portland pro team down there, makes me realize I need to start following the players better. Yes, it's sad that the men's team went downhill after Clive's death. He was a special coach, and a good man.

Just talking about UP soccer again has inspired me to try catching a game next time I'm down there durning the season.

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    Okem said:
    Brazil (toby.d)
    vs
    Chile (gene Pontecorvo)

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    *This is a public service announcement for UK-based subscribers to BT Sport only*

Tune in to the Baker and Kelly Not In Rio show on BT Sport tonight (June 29) at 7pm to hear me talk about how the World Cup knackered my ankle. This is not a wind-up.

*PSA ends*

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    DrWu said:
    DocMcCoy said:

Brazil v Chile? You could feel the country's nutsack tightening with every blown possession.

that game was a pretty intense session of collective brick-shitting. If I was a betting man, I would put my money on Brazil going out in the semi-final. I think they can get past Colombia, only because Colombia play a more open style and suffer from the same hoodoo Chile have when they play Brazil (unless the spirit of that '93 0-5 shellacking of Argentina in Buenos Aires descends upon them).

The crazy thing is that everyone knew this team has limitations, but I wasn't expecting them to buckle under pressure the way they have. Thiago Silva, the TEAM CAPTAIN, breaks down sobbing at the end of extra time and asks to be the last penalty kicker, half the team was in tears before the shoot-out. They have almost a week to recover - Felipão is lost tactically, so that won't change much, but I wonder if the inquest that will follow the game is going to help their psychological state, a lot of the players looked broken after the game.

b/w

James Rodriguez! Player of the tournament so far.

Didn't Monaco sign him for 40 million just before the Wolrd Cup? They'll probably sell him to Man City for twice that before the tournament is over.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Seems like Monaco is the most superficial team in modern sports - doesn't their stadium only hold like 20k max? James to man city would be a great turn of events IMO, just to see him play in relevant fixtures. I just watched his reel from Porto and it was pretty damn impressive.

B/w go MESHICO!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    DOS SANTOOOOOS

I think Mexico will hold onto a one goal lead. Holland not doing much really.

And the Mexico keeper is awesome.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    *insert joke about balls hitting face*

Ooh the Dutch are back in it.

SNEIJDER!

WTF?

An England fan had his ear bitten off by a fellow supporter after the national side's World Cup game against Uruguay, the Association of Chief Police Officers has revealed. The man was left bloodied and with half his left ear ripped off after the incident.

The incident happened before Uruguay and Liverpool striker Luis Suárez was banned from the competition for biting an Italian player but details of the attack have only just emerged.

Former Liverpool striker Stan Collymore tweeted that he had seen footage of the fan attack and claimed it would be "the biggest story in the UK, especially who did it".

David Cameron?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Awwww Messico );

Robben can only stay on his feet for so long.

Adios muchachos. :(