New Music / Release Thread

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    here's a link to a free download of the new album by the brazilian singer Ju??ara Mar??al, she's been involved in some great projects the past few years. For those who are curious the music is a mix of jazz and rock with afro-brazilian religious music - some of the songs are pontos, the songs used to summon certain gods during candombl?? ceremonies. At any rate, I highly recommend it:

http://www.jucaramarcal.com/

• ppadilha said:
    here's a link to a free download of the new album by the brazilian singer Ju??ara Mar??al, she's been involved in some great projects the past few years. For those who are curious the music is a mix of jazz and rock with afro-brazilian religious music - some of the songs are pontos, the songs used to summon certain gods during candombl?? ceremonies. At any rate, I highly recommend it:

http://www.jucaramarcal.com/

I've been listening to this today - it's really good.

I love the artwork, too:

• Also, speaking of new releases, I can't recall seeing anything about the new Actress album here. It seems to have divided a lot of people, but it sounds just right to me.

The new Legowelt album has its moments, too, but I can't help feeling he may be drifting a bit too close to parody at this point.

Haven't heard the new Illum Sphere album yet, but the "Sleeprunners" 12 was just the right kind of John Carpenter electronic, so I will probably buy it at some point. Anyone heard it?

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    neil_something said:
    Also, speaking of new releases, I can't recall seeing anything about the new Actress album here. It seems to have divided a lot of people, but it sounds just right to me.

Made me yawn a lot.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    ketan said:
    neil_something said:
    Also, speaking of new releases, I can't recall seeing anything about the new Actress album here. It seems to have divided a lot of people, but it sounds just right to me.

Made me yawn a lot.

Not feeling it so much. Less ideas, less melody, more about grainy production, probably amazing when you're coming out of a k-hole or something.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

You fuckers might not be feeling this since the dude sings in kind of an Aussie accent, but this shit is killing right now in Oz.. .and it's also NOT rap, so there's that.

Chet Faker and Flume from a 3 track EP that dropped on vinyl earlier this week and sold out in minutes!

For me, an improvement on Four Tet's recent output... would like it if he went back to his full-on folk-tronica styles, but will take this dark rave stuff instead.

Also this, from Melbourne

Available on 7" here.

Apparently an unreleased track by Bonobo

Cool footwork x jungle vibes.

• loved this

"i'll take all of that you've got" - d. letterman.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    loved this

"i'll take all of that you've got" - d. letterman.

Vocalist certainly has unique dance style.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    This apparently isnt some lost Aphex Twin track & there may well not be more. you could read the blah blah here. but fuck that right

either way it's pretty beautiful

/edited to protect the innocent.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I'd check the date on that Aphex feature if I were you.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    mute youtube play both.

Okem said:
    doh. don't i feel the fool.

here's me thinking that shit was over and it was safe to take internet literally again.

If it makes you feel better, it's not the only two-day-old April Fool gag I've seen posted as a legit story today.

vintageinfants said:

That tune fucking rules, as does the b-side to their second 7"

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts

THIS

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    live on a f*****g casting show in the UK:

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Such a beautiful track and production. Best thing I've heard in a while:

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    I saw these guys play last week to promote their new album. Good stuff. Steel pans FTW.

3:09...

My old band triggering the inevitable trip-hop revival with their RSD special.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Would've thought soulstrut would like this

& possibly this

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    The Fatima is lovely - thank you!
    I managed to find one other song, Do Better, also really good - especially musically.
    Have you heard the whole thing? Is the whole thing as good as these two tracks?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Hey Miss B, if you click the link it should take through to their bandcamp where you can listen to the entire lp. It's not available to purchase yet though.

scratch that. You could earlier today but now it seems only one track is shared..

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    bassie said:
    I managed to find one other song, Do Better, also really good - especially musically.

FWIW you can hear older stuff here:
    https://soundcloud.com/fatimasoundslike

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Okem said:
    Hey Miss B, if you click the link it should take through to their bandcamp where you can listen to the entire lp. It's not available to purchase yet though.

scratch that. You could earlier today but now it seems only one track is shared..

Yea, it was down to the one song when I posted earlier. I think I'll just buy it.

ketan said:
    bassie said:

FWIW you can hear older stuff here:
    https://soundcloud.com/fatimasoundslike

Merci!