boiler room

13»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Sobriety Won said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    It's like jogging in place when the crosswalk is red.

Exactly! It's a crime against humanity.

Really, Herm, you job in place at red lights?

I assume you don't jog in the city or DJ with records.

Then you would be wrong on both counts.

• Oh cool. Do you have any links to your live DJ mixes? Very interested to hear what a DJ who is not sure about Mr Thing as a DJ sounds like.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    You can only be as good or better as Mr. Thing to critique him!!!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Sobriety Won said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:

I hate jogging, but when I do, yes. My old cross country coach taught me that. Something about keeping the body in motion and not having to start up again from a cold stop. Made sense then and makes sense now.

Herm said:
    Sobriety Won said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:

I hate jogging, but when I do, yes. My old cross country coach taught me that. Something about keeping the body in motion and not having to start up again from a cold stop. Made sense then and makes sense now.

It makes SENSE I suppose. But so does a man wearing a bra when their pectoral muscles start protruding out all fat and tiddy like.

There are just certain things a grown man shouldn't be willing to do and IMO jogging in place at stop lights is one of them.

batmon said:
    You can only be as good or better as Mr. Thing to critique him!!!

Since he's the best in the world, that leaves nobody.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    Sobriety Won said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:

It makes SENSE I suppose. But so does a man wearing a bra when their pectoral muscles start protruding out all fat and tiddy like.

There are just certain things a grown man shouldn't be willing to do and IMO jogging in place at stop lights is one of them.

Man, you just find ANYTHING to argue, don't you?? Grasping at straws these days, holmes. Maybe the Strut really IS on a decline....

HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    Sobriety Won said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:

Man, you just find ANYTHING to argue, don't you?? Grasping at straws these days, holmes. Maybe the Strut really IS on a decline....

I haven't even gotten to bicyclists at the red light who without even having their shoes in clips feel that they need to balance themselves upright the whole fucking time even though they are moving and swaying like they are about to pee their pants as they do it. JUST PUT YOUR FUCKING FOOT DOWN FOR A MINUTE, ASSHOLE!

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Sobriety Won said:
    Oh cool. Do you have any links to your live DJ mixes? Very interested to hear what a DJ who is not sure about Mr Thing as a DJ sounds like.

Word...post your shit too, Sobriety.

• JectWon said:
    Sobriety Won said:
    Oh cool. Do you have any links to your live DJ mixes? Very interested to hear what a DJ who is not sure about Mr Thing as a DJ sounds like.

Here you go,

All original 45 set I spun in Brooklyn in November -

Probaly lots of jogging on the spot ;-)

Fast Rap mix on Kiss FM from 1991 -

I do not claim to be anywhere near as good as Mr Thing & I did not say he was the best DJ in the world.

I said he is ONE of the best DJ's on the planet.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Sobriety Won said:

It cool that you rep him, but have you been all over the world listening to DJs.

Top 10? Top 1000 on the planet? Top 100,000?

These declarations are questionable.

Sobriety Won said:
    JectWon said:
    Sobriety Won said:

Here you go,

I do not claim to be anywhere near as good as Mr Thing & I did not say he was the best DJ in the world.

Ah this is fun shit..thanks for sharing.

Here is my shit nothing crazy...(https://soundcloud.com/jectwon) Both mixes made without serato, fwiw.

I'm also peeping your youtube channel. I'm tellin you...some of the shit you do would be live as fuck on serato/traktor. For instance...

These sp1200 remixes you do...

...why not use serato to spin your own beats? That's really the only reason I went the Serato route...I don't use it as a crutch, I use it as a way to make my own remixes and play my own beats. I was a '2 tech's and a mixer ONLY' purist for a looooooong time but once I realized that I can flip doubles of my own beats...I was interested. Other things have blossomed from that.

Not trying to convert anyone...I'm just saying in my opinion people can completely preserve their dignity and use serato to get loose.

To each their own, I suppose. I've seen fake DJ's on both sides of the spectrum...microwave dudes just looking cool whilst doing nothing...and back in the day, I remember the dudes with a crate full of AV8 remixes acting like their were getting busy when they weren't doing a goddamn thing.

DAH'BLE POAST

• JectWon said:
    Sobriety Won said:
    JectWon said:
    Sobriety Won said:

Here you go,

Ah this is fun shit..thanks for sharing.

Here is my shit nothing crazy...(https://soundcloud.com/jectwon) Both mixes made without serato, fwiw.

I'm also peeping your youtube channel. I'm tellin you...some of the shit you do would be live as fuck on serato/traktor. For instance...

These sp1200 remixes you do...

...why not use serato to spin your own beats? That's really the only reason I went the Serato route...I don't use it as a crutch, I use it as a way to make my own remixes and play my own beats. I was a '2 tech's and a mixer ONLY' purist for a looooooong time but once I realized that I can flip doubles of my own beats...I was interested. Other things have blossomed from that.

Not trying to convert anyone...I'm just saying in my opinion people can completely preserve their dignity and use serato to get loose.

To each their own, I suppose. I've seen fake DJ's on both sides of the spectrum...microwave dudes just looking cool whilst doing nothing...and back in the day, I remember the dudes with a crate full of AV8 remixes acting like their were getting busy when they weren't doing a goddamn thing.

All good will check you're mixes.

I'd rather bust the SP out live ;)

Digital DJ'ing hasn't bought anything to the table from an audience perspective in my book, it simply doesn't engage or interest me in anyway.

That's coming from a Hip Hop & Funk DJ'ing perspective.

I do see it's use as a studio tool.

I'd also like to point out I'm a curmudgeon & a luddite so don't mind me.

AV8 mixes have always been wac ;)

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    james said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    I've never seen a dj work so hard for such a simple segue. He was changing the pitch, bringing it back 15 times over in his headphones the minute leading up to the song change. I was like damn, what kinda crazy thing is he about to do? And then...eh, I guess just that.
    I was actually somehow more revolted by some sequence in there where while he's got one 45 playing, he not only re-sleeves the last 45 he played, but takes a minute right there to put it back in its little plastic record bag. I ain't heard of that.

Ha, I noticed that too.

I read all this before watching the video, which actually made it pretty funny to watch. Dude is way better than I could ever be though.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    Sobriety Won said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:

I haven't even gotten to bicyclists at the red light who without even having their shoes in clips feel that they need to balance themselves upright the whole fucking time even though they are moving and swaying like they are about to pee their pants as they do it. JUST PUT YOUR FUCKING FOOT DOWN FOR A MINUTE, ASSHOLE!

I jog in place on a treadmill. I don't even turn it on.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Gary!!!!!!!!!

• I jog in place, unless there are regulatin mans around.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    That Mr. Thing set is sweet.

So what that he puts his expensive 45s away carefully.

Harv's "diesel speak" reeks of trying too hard.

• Options
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    Sobriety Won said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:

I walk in place in elevators.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    Sobriety Won said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:

I do Kegels while I'm waiting in line at the bank.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    Sobriety Won said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:

I do Kegels while I'm waiting in line at the bank.
    [diesel-speak] I shovel snow everytime it snows [/diesel-speak]