Sochi

Comments

• yo rootless,

those two french-canadian shorties we were ogling just took down gold-silver.

#fuckwithus

• Frank said:
    They should just move it there permanently, introduce mob run bare knuckle fights, cancel all doping tests and turn the whole spectacle into a hormone fueled steroid championship.

Why don't you move there permanently? Some of that good ole lebensraum, yeah baby

• the fact that even the rumor of this scandal exists shows the flaws of a "judged" system

Alleged Olympic Vote Swapping Deal brokered between US and Russia

French magazine L'Equipe alleges the U.S. and Russia have struck a deal to help each other out at Sochi Winter Olympic figure skating events, which would keep Canada's Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir from the gold.

The magazine quotes a Russian coach, who spoke to the magazine on the condition of anonymity about the "proposed barter" between the two countries.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It just gets better and better - and it's only day 2!

torchbearer's racist tweet

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    Snapping said:

Now available on a t-shirt.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    yo rootless,

those two french-canadian shorties we were ogling just took down gold-silver.

#fuckwithus

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    seems like a good moment to revisit this timeless classic:

vintageinfants said:
    most canadian thing ever?

Canadian coach helps out Russian Skier.

I read an article that tried to frame what he did as "That's the Olympics."
    Mmmm, nope. The Olympics are about competition and winning.
    Canadians don't have the exclusive rights on kindness and empathy - especially as the Feds destroy everything that makes us great bit by bit, but I digress - but yea, it's pretty fucking Canadian!

• the Olympics: when nations come together in a mutual spirit of....competition, trying to beat their opponents by any monetary and/or chemical means necessary, ultimately in the service of their national governments.

It warms the heart.

• bassie said:
    vintageinfants said:

Canadian coach helps out Russian Skier.

I read an article that tried to frame what he did as "That's the Olympics."
    Mmmm, nope. The Olympics are about competition and winning.
    Canadians don't have the exclusive rights on kindness and empathy - especially as the Feds destroy everything that makes us great bit by bit, but I digress - but yea, it's pretty fucking Canadian!

Especially cos dude's an American.

Who lives in Canada, is a coach for the Canadian team and has chosen Canada as the place to raise his kids.
    Goodness forbid if anyone else feels good about their country and wants to big it up.
    Here, let me fix it - USA! USA! USA!

• bassie said:
    Who lives in Canada, is a coach for the Canadian team and has chosen Canada as the place to raise his kids.
    Goodness forbid if anyone else feels good about their country and wants to big it up.

Relax, it was joke. I'll use a gremlin next time.

Horseleech said:
    bassie said:

Relax, it was joke. I'll use a gremlin next time.

Uhg, right. You post, I post, but I need to relax.
    Looks like I didn't get your levity as much as you didn't get mine.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I'm not down with judged snowboarding contests, but that pipe was so shitty.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Horseleech pointing out dude is American comes across as very American. If Bassie revealed it, I'd be like "aw, how Canadian!"

I live close to the border.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The Canadien quickly surpassing the Euroman for kneeslappage.

• dukeofdelridge said:
    Horseleech pointing out dude is American comes across as very American. If Bassie revealed it, I'd be like "aw, how Canadian!"

I live close to the border.

duke, come on over to the light. some generous, polite, self-effacing Canadian here is bound to sponsor you for citizenship.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    bassie said:
    it's pretty fucking Canadian!

I would also like to add, that any Canadian that dislikes NBC's offerings for Sochi. Feel free to find alternate means to jump on and enjoy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/02/10/cbc-sochi-2014-olympics_n_4763185.html

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    DOR said:
    bassie said:

I would also like to add, that any Canadian that dislikes NBC's offerings for Sochi. Feel free to find alternate means to jump on and enjoy.

NBC isn't doing too bad this year. With NBC, CNBC and CNBCHD I'm getting to see most everything and there are live events.
    The NBC Prime time is always lame, but there are a lot of other options during the day and late afternoon. Prime time is useful if you have a long day at work and you don't mind seeing replays.

vintageinfants said:

What about this?

http://mashable.com/2014/02/11/canadian-beer-fridge-sochi/

volumen said:
    DOR said:
    bassie said:

NBC isn't doing too bad this year. With NBC, CNBC and CNBCHD I'm getting to see most everything and there are live events.
    The NBC Prime time is always lame, but there are a lot of other options during the day and late afternoon. Prime time is useful if you have a long day at work and you don't mind seeing replays.

Yeah, the only complaints I've heard from any American friends is Live stuff. Holding off to show in prime time.

DOR said:
    volumen said:
    DOR said:
    bassie said:

Yeah, the only complaints I've heard from any American friends is Live stuff. Holding off to show in prime time.

Yea, it's always a mix of both. They have to hold off on showing something so it's not all re-runs. I've always accepted watching live just isn't realistic for every time zone.

• The highlight for many Aussies is Roy and HG's coverage who take the piss professionally. Some of their previous work.

DJ_WubWub said:
    The highlight for many Aussies is Roy and HG's coverage who take the piss professionally. Some of their previous work.

What were you thinking?

I was thinking my legs hurt and I'm
    Probibly going to come in 5th.

• i'd love to know the story behind THIS:

• vintageinfants said:
    i'd love to know the story behind THIS:

Photoshop Job